• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Could Titanfall be a system seller ?

Prelude.

No, because you don't have to buy an Xbone to play it.
Some people will obviously do it but that could be applied to any multiplatform game.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Depending on how much marketing money is thrown at it, it could.

BigDug13

It will sell systems, yes. It won't be this monster unstoppable train that will usher in XBO sales dominance like some people think, but it will sell plenty of people on getting an XBO if they were already considering buying one but were waiting.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I think the system is selling regardless right now, but I suppose the better question is will it be enough of a thing to have the Xbone win that month over the PS4 and I don't think it will be that big.

Also, due to those "pay for positivity" shenanigans of the other thread, I felt disgusted I had to triple read the OP with slanted eyes. Am I now going to second guess any and all Xbone positivity? Is this the result MS wanted?

Malcolm9

No, it looks ok but for me the FPS genre is getting pretty stale, I'd love to see more Deus Ex style FPS adventure games if possible.

In regards to the game it's not looking anything special gameplay wise in my opinion.

2San

Nope not for me, I have a PC and a xbox 360. I am also expecting future installments to go to PS4 as well.

I do see it making a bump in sales though. Especially if the 360 version is vastly inferior, because there quite a lot of people don't like playing on PC.

Mona

Banned
depends on how dishonest microsoft is capable of being, so chances are yes

hell, at the VGAs even geoff announced it as coming exclusively to the Xbone, who knows how far this agenda goes.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Have you not been watching how things went with the XBO? Titanfall was the main reason why a lot of folks picked one up in the first place during launch. Lots of those types of comments took place here on GAF in the XBO thread.

The real question is, will it continue to sell consoles after its release and fans get vocal about it one way or another.

Dennis

Banned
A MP-only game in a new franchise in a overcrowded genre like shooters?

I doubt it to be honest. As far as I can tell there is very little that seems really new.

What makes this game more compelling than any of the hundred other shooters with MP?

Yes of course. Certain people will certainly buy an XB1 because of Titanfall

The real question is how many people? I.E. Will it be a significant system seller? I'm not so convinced on the second question but we'll see. It's multiplatform nature makes it hard to predict

BigDug13

Saying something is or is not a "system seller" is vague. If a single person buys an XBO just for this game, the game has just become a system seller.

Or does it have to make that system dominate in worldwide sales charts for a few months to be considered a "system seller"?

The month Titanfall releases MS will sell more XB1's than the month prior and the month after. Yes it will be a system seller. From what I've seen it can't sell me on it though.

I'm going with yes.

To further expand on my thought...someone will get Titanfall from hearing all of the hype. He will have his buddy over to check it out. His buddy will like it and get an X1 and Titanfall. This will happen a number of times.

I watched the Alpha footage and got more excited about the game than I've probably ever been. When I can see it being played in full HD and with selected scenes of awesome, I'm sure I will be even more hyped.

I think it will be a game that catches with the audience that is tiring of CoD or BF and needs something to tide them over until the fall. And once people do try it, I feel like they will push others to join in the fun.

So...yes. I just wasted three sentences pretty much stating the obvious when I answered succinctly enough in my first sentence. Success!

Yes no doubt. The question is the difference between the Xbox One and the 360 version. If its on a NBA 2k 14 difference it will be huge for the One. Otherwise, I see people buying a 360 to play this one.

Carl

No doubt it'll sell some systems, but i'm with the people who think the 360 version will be the best selling

Elios83

We'll find out soon.
But imo NO for a few reasons:

1)Multiplayer only means that many people won't be interested to play it at all.
2)It's a multiplatform game with a simultaneous release on 360 and PC.
3)The focus of the game is not on graphics, hence there won't be many people willing to buy a new system just for the visuals (something that happened for example with Gears od War and Uncharted).

Of course we won't know until it's out.

Top Bottom