• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Koller (Sony): "Really Spectacular Things Coming To PS4 At E3 2014''

Cyberia

John Koller has officially confirmed that, things that will be showcased at Sony booth at E3 2014 for Playstation 4 will be "Spectacular".

In a recent interview to GotGame, Koller was asked to give a hint at what all things Sony will showcased at E3 2014?. To this Koller replied (especially mentioning PS4): "It’s going to be a massive content year. We’ve talked publically that there’s a huge and significant amount of games coming this year to the PlayStation 4. We’ll be showing a lot of those and it is going to be an exciting moment for many people. I can officially confirm that what is coming next is really spectacular."

He also added: "The types of games that are coming are absolutely fantastic. We’ve already talked about some of these already, but games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special. There’s a lot of innovation. That’s something that we really want to push. The PlayStation 4 is really the strong innovation engine for this category and this industry. There’s certainly a lot to talk about there. So E3 is going to be fun this year. This is going to be one of those, you know, years where we’re going to have a fun time showing new games to the world."

Later on in the interview, Koller was asked to comment on new Uncharted game for Playstation 4 that was announced in December 2013 with a Teaser Trailer. He said: "Well we did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. We announced that on launch night actually. It’s Uncharted for PS4, but we haven’t announced many details, so that may be an interesting thing to tune in for at E3."

Koller ended the interview with this quote: "I’ll say that to anybody in line or thinking about getting a PlayStation 4 or owns one now, the promise of what’s to come, which is what we always care about the most, the game quality and the game development that’s in line is really, really great, and we’ll have a lot more announcements in the upcoming months."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13449-w...14-says-john-koller.html#.UuKjxdpCEXI.twitter

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
"We will have stuff at E3. Like every year."

Flarin

"Well we did announce that a new Uncharted game is coming. We announced that on launch night actually. It’s Uncharted for PS4, but we haven’t announced many details, so that may be an interesting thing to tune in for at E3.

Gameplay demo confirmed?

FrunkQ

Neo Member
With MS starting to tease details of it’s E3 announcement now; release dates for their announced games and hinting at new exclusives. Sony is still pretty much "unknown". As a result you do wonder at their differing strategies. It seems like MS is drumming up support to start shifting units as firming up announcements 5 months away is a tad bizarre.

We *know* Sony has more exclusives in development but we know a lot less about them. So E3 should be good for them.

We expected more announcements last year from Sony, but it appears they shelved them as they were either not ready, or they felt they were not needed to support their marketing message. Apart from the odd… “we have stuff” tweet and this, there has been nothing conclusive.

By contrast MS seem to blow their wad as early as possible. Contrasting Strategies.

Nintendo will keep doing their “days”. But what do Gaffers think MS and Sony will do over the next year?

My thoughts…

GDC in March; Sony may well focus on Indies again as that is a popular demographic for that type of event which focusses on developers. It gives the smaller guys a chance to shine with new ideas. We will also be teased with the releases happening in Japan as well as a drip feed of The Order and Uncharted PS4 and their other previously announced titles. And then you have the 3rd parties.

By March it is doubtful that Sony will be meeting PS4 hardware demand as Japan will have just gone live, but perhaps Sony feel they need to do something to take the shine off Titanfall. Would Drive Club, some Japanese stuff and more details of existing announcements do?

With Sony riding high and selling all their units, do they need to actually need to announce anything before E3?

I have a gut feel they will continue to keep their powder dry and then do a repeat of last year’s E3 and try to blow MS out the water by driving home their focus on games with 2 or 3 times the exclusive games announcements.

The “For the Gamers” mindshare would again fall straight into Sony’s grasp if they could demonstrate a wide disparity from MS in the number, variety and quality of games at E3. And they may well be in a position to do it.

And then if they really wanted to spice up the party, Sony has their VR headset also in the wings… GDC? E3? GamesCom? I can’t really see them announcing anything but Japanese focussed games at TGS as they need their own separate event to showcase that sort of thing and TGS is ideal and too close to the festive season in the rest of the world to be a significant event.

Sony have put themselves in the commanding position and can almost afford to direct the agenda. As long as they don’t start behaving arrogantly again, they have room to manoeuvre. Microsoft on the other hand is still appears to be firefighting. What are your thoughts?

I definitely do expect spectacular things from Sony at E3.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
to be honest i haven't been to a fun e3 since PS2/ Xbox/ GC gen. im excited for this years. from what friends have told me it should be a blow out.

pswii60

but games like Destiny, which is the game from Bungie that is really going to be a show piece as to what makes the PlayStation 4 so special. There’s a lot of innovation. That’s something that we really want to push.
But, not exclusive?

Regardless, Sony's marketing guy in marketing speak shocker :)

Takao

Banned
John Koller is a very sarcastic man:

Steve Masters: Any final thoughts that you have on Vita? I love my Vita. The last game I played on it, all the way to the end, was Gravity Rush, which is amazing. Is there anything like that game coming up for Vita? Something that is going to blow people away this year like that game did for me?

John Koller: Yeah, I heard you were a big Vita fan, so that’s great. Thank you for that, but also you know Vita has done very very well since the PlayStation 4 launch. People are starting to use it for things like Remote Play, which allows you to play PlayStation 4 games on your Vita via wi-fi. If you combine that, with things like PlayStation Now, you can play PlayStation 3 games on your Vita and utilize that brilliant screen. We’ve got a lot of titles from third party publishers as well as titles from us and it’s an exciting time to be a Vita owner because you get to play a cross section of the best games from across the PlayStation universe, so that makes it really special and a great portable device to boot.

http://gotgame.com/2014/01/23/whats-next-for-playstation-4-and-sony-with-john-koller/

With all the games in development, I really think they need to not wait till E3 to talk about all of them. That would be overload. I'd love for some Sony led events to occur prior to E3 that showcase 2-3 titles at a time along with various of the upcoming indie titles and PSN titles that are hitting. Think that could be a smart way to start to bring attention to all these upcoming titles.

And one of these days Sony is going to say, " DriveClub is coming _______ ". That alone at this point could use its own show. Wait is killing me on that game. I have a feeling it will be fantastic.

I hope they pull a Nintendo and announce something that releases this holiday.

Well they kinda have to don't they?

Do they have any exclusives announced for this year other than Infamous and The Order?

*not including indies

Edit: If someone announces Shenmue 3, I will lose my shit haha.

Top Bottom