• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

Crom

Is Zelda installed or on disc?

They give you a download code for Zelda and the artbook.

Wonderful 101 and Ninja Gaiden are retail versions.

If you want the retail version of Windwaker you could always sell the code and buy it.

Artorias

Banned
Wow, that is insane. I'm jelly tbh, even though I'm messing with my Gamepad as I type.

Don't forget LTTP is out for VC! I just upgraded.

Neff

Fucking ridiculously good value.

Shit, if this shipped to the UK I'd buy one just so I had another Wii U to play US 60hz VC on.

dLMN8R

Awesome! Bought.

Stuck to my prediction that I'd end up buying a WiiU long before getting an Xbox One or PS4 :p

Goddamnit buy this you bastards!!! If I didn't already own a Wii U I would buy this in a second. If you don't want Nintendo to go 3rd party, you'll buy this. If you care about video games, you'll buy this. If you believe in everything that is good and just in this world, YOU WILL BUY THIS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
US$270 for the best game of 2013.

Great deal. Wind Waker is great even if you've already played it, and W101 is ridiculously good.

And Ninja Gaiden...uhh....you can trade in for Pikmin 3. So there's that.

Still not worth it when all the developers have already jumped ship.

tumblr_m8rlfchdnE1rysd9ko1_500.gif

seriously, there are enough games out already to justify the console, especially at this price. plus more on the way. considering the amount of games included this is basically, a sub $200 wii u. c'mon now.

Crom

I agree with this sadly.
Had we not been hearing such negative news lately I would have jumped on this with both hands and feet.

It will be supported its entire lifespan. They already stated that. Gamecube was supported its full lifespan too and had awesome games on it.

Don't listen to negative stuff. Nintendo is always doomed. Even though the Vita only sold 95,000 units in the US in December does that mean you would pass on that too?

You would be missing out.

Paskil

I might have actually leapt at this, had Zelda been a retail copy. My entry point for the deluxe console is no more that $199. With Zelda and W101 included, I feel like that would average to less than that if I bought the games new. Don' treally care about Ninja Gaiden.

Oh well. Kudos to anyone that snags one.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Not only does it come with a DL code for zelda but redeeming it puts you a dollar away from getting a free five bucks back on the DDP.

Crom

I might have actually leapt at this, had Zelda been a retail copy. My entry point for the deluxe console is no more that $199. With Zelda and W101 included, I feel like that would average to less than that if I bought the games new. Don' treally care about Ninja Gaiden.

Sell the Zelda download code and Ninja Gaiden. Then buy the disc version of Zelda with the money. You will even have a little left over.

randomkid

Well, those are the two Wii U games I want, but I think the Skylanders bundle after selling off the junk was a way better bargain. Hmmm.

wrowa

Razor's Edge is decent, Wind Waker HD pretty good if you feel like replaying WW or very good if you haven't played WW before and Wonderful 101 is rather amazing. It's a good deal, really.

Still not worth it when all the developers have already jumped ship.

If you're buying a Nintendo console for anything other than Nintendo games then you're doing it wrong :p.

Great value, ZombiU, Lego City, Mon Hunter, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Wonderful 101 and 3D World are some of the best games of the last few years. Despite the sales and doom and gloom it's a great exclusives console and there are some great games coming in 2014 !

cacildo

How do you guys plan on selling Wind Waker codes? Because i could buy one.... if i could find it for a cheap price

Even if you were able to get each of these 3 games for $25 each (you probably can't), it would still result in this being a Wii U for less than $199.

Let's just say:
Zelda WW HD:$35
W101:$25 with recent sales
NG: $20
That's still $80. In other words, the Wii U itself comes out to $190.

BUY IT.

I've noticed that other retailers have been putting their best Wii U deals on ebay instead of selling directly themselves. Any reason for that?

rjinaz

Well, those are the two Wii U games I want, but I think the Skylanders bundle after selling off the junk was a way better bargain. Hmmm.

The current Skylander bundle is about $22 less on Amazon right now which I almost bought but this is the deluxe Wii U and the Zelda model sells for a premium so you're getting a way better bang for your buck.

Okay so Windwaker code= $40, Ninja Gaiden= $20, Wonderful 101= $20, Zelda Historia = $20

If you sell everything that comes with it you could hit $170 with no taxes. You also have a somewhat limited edition Wii U model that is selling for a premium at most places or is sold out. Not sure how anybody could say this is not a good deal.

I have gamefly so I'll just be renting games myself.

Crom

Even if you were able to get each of these 3 games for $25 each (you probably can't), it would still result in this being a Wii U for less than $199.

Let's just say:
Zelda WW HD:$35
W101:$25 with recent sales
NG: $20
That's still $80. In other words, the Wii U itself comes out to $190.

BUY IT.

Plus you could sell the Zelda Art book code for around $20 and the Screen protector/stylus/cleaning cloth pack for some extra $$$ too

randomkid

The current Skylander bundle is about $22 less on Amazon right now which I almost bought but this is the deluxe Wii U and the Zelda model sells for a premium so you're getting a way better bang for your buck.

Okay so Windwaker code= $40, Ninja Gaiden= $20, Wonderful 101= $20, Zelda Historia = $20

If you sell everything that comes with it you could hit $170 with no taxes. You also have a limited edition Wii U model that is selling for a premium at most places. Not sure how anybody could say this is not a good deal.

I have gamefly so I'll just be renting games myself.

I'm talking about when the Skylanders bundle was $220, sorry.

Top Bottom