• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Refurbished WIi U bundles back in stock @ Nintendo.com

maxcriden

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/us/p...categoryId=cat570935&navAction=pop&navCount=4

Of note, 3DW is now $20 so you're best off getting the Nintendo Land set. MSRP for Wii U is still $100 more than this so it's a very good deal IMO and as Nintendo says their refurb quality standards are very high.

Via: Cheapassgamer.com, @videogamedeals

Edit:

Good deal, thanks. Will add to OP. Unfortunately they only have the $225 one. Shipping is $5 standard on Nintendo.com so if you want the Nintendo Land only model it's kind of a wash, but if you specifically want the 3DW one it's cheaper that way.

-

Incidentally, if you want free shipping on other Nintendo refurbs:

stores.ebay.com/nintendo/Systems-/_i.html

http://stores.ebay.com/nintendo
-

Previous thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1227035

SenkiDala

Damn I remember seeing, durings the sales in France, Wii U white packs with Skylanders, 120€ (134 USD), it was a really good deal... But I didn't take any of those, I already own a Wii U so...

It's unbelivable that Nintendo didn't even try to lower the price of the Wii U... It's like they didn't want to sell it.

ozfunghi

Damn I remember seeing, durings the sales in France, Wii U white packs with Skylanders, 120€ (134 USD), it was a really good deal... But I didn't take any of those, I already own a Wii U so...

It's unbelivable that Nintendo didn't even try to lower the price of the Wii U... It's like they didn't want to sell it.

Lowest i've seen it in Belgium was 199, with Nintendoland, an extra (included) wiimote and an extra game (i think that Ubisoft dance game).

Griss

Prices are crazy.

Christmas 2013, one year after release, I got a brand-new Wii U with Nintendoland and Skylanders packed in for $210 USD at Best Buy. Not only that, it was the superior white version. (Almost an irrelevant amount of less storage space, better colour)

Three years later, and that's the price of a refurb? What the hell is going on there?

maxcriden

Was there no price drop in the UK? Here we got a $50 drop plus a better additional pack-in game over time.

Good deal, thanks. Will add to OP. Unfortunately they only have the $225 one. Shipping is $5 standard on Nintendo.com so if you want the basic model it's kind of a wash, but if you specifically want the 3DW one it's cheaper that way.

Prices are crazy.

Christmas 2013, one year after release, I got a brand-new Wii U with Nintendoland and Skylanders packed in for $210 USD at Best Buy. Not only that, it was the superior white version. (Almost an irrelevant amount of less storage space, better colour)

Three years later, and that's the price of a refurb? What the hell is going on there?

Wasn't that a clearance price on a discontinued model, though? Never an official price, so it's hard to compare those, and it was rare to come by in the US. I think UK had more fire sales.

OP isn't Nintendoland also $20?

Yes, it is, sorry if I was unclear-- my point is all the models come with Nintendo Land, whereas for an extra $25 you get a $20 game packed in. But that one through eBay might be the best deal.

maxcriden

I agree that's why I'm hoping they're available to download on the Nx some how

FWIW, based on everything we allegedly know about NX (i.e. rumors from reputable sources like Eurogamer and WSJ), it seems likely we will get Wii U remasters for some games rather than backwards compatibility (supposedly not in) or downloadable Wii U games via VC (my limited understanding on the tech side of things is that it's probably not in, but I might be misunderstanding or misremembering that).

maxcriden

$225 refurbished? When they have a sale like the $249 Smash & Splatoon brand new deal then I'll bite.

$200 refurb at the link in the OP, the difference there is you have to pay $5 shipping. The eBay one gets you 3DW for $25 but the game costs $20 normally so it evens out either way. The $250 Smash/Splatoon if you're interested in those games was definitely a better deal though. Maybe one like that will come this holiday as speculated above.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I got one of these for $200 like three years ago. Surprised to see they're still charging that much! Guess it's a good thing I didn't wait.

How long until the stock is depleted? How long did it take after the last thread was made?

I'm wondering if I should get one now or if I should wait until after the NX is officially revealed.

Black Friday is 2 months away. If you don't have one at this stage, don't see any point in biting now before we know what the retailers are doing.

Yukinari

Im gonna laugh if the NX isnt backwards compatible with Wii U games and everyone waits for the games and system to go up in price when its confirmed.

Theyre really smart to release a few titles as Nintendo Selects cause they were going for absurd amounts on ebay.

I'm in Canada though. Just how much better would a Black Friday deal be compared to the refurbished set? I already own most of the games I want. I'm only missing Mario Kart and Captain Toad.

Im gonna laugh if the NX isnt backwards compatible with Wii U games and everyone waits for the games and system to go up in price when its confirmed.

Theyre really smart to release a few titles as Nintendo Selects cause they were going for absurd amounts on ebay.

I doubt it will be. If it was, I suspect Nintendo wouldn't bother porting over any Wii U titles, as the rumors/reports suggest. But if anyone has any plans to grab a wii U, I'd at least start hunting for game deals now.

Was there no price drop in the UK? Here we got a $50 drop plus a better additional pack-in game over time.
Back around the release of SSB it felt like Nintendo were getting rid of the last of the basic Wii U systems and I remember a basic hardware bundle being sold for a rather cheap (seem to remember less than £150 with SSB). So anecdotal reports of basic systems being sold for cheap is not surprising.

But as for the premium itself. One game hardware bundles are £249.99. The launch price I think was £300. £50 over a few years is nothing. Especially when you had retailer lead (but probably Nintendo backed) promotions such as the MK8 premium hardware bundle being available for £200 at the launch of that game but these being long gone (these days you can find a MK8 and Splatoon Bundle for £280 which is nuts considering XBO and PS4 prices).

I got my Wii U Deluxe in 2014 for 350€ with Mario Kart, 3D Land and the free game from the Mario Kart promotion.

If I didn't know the NX was coming, and it was just PS4 Slim/Pro VS Xbox One S VS Wii U, I'd do it again in a heartbeat, so 200$ seems like an amazing deal to me.

But eeeeeh, NX is coming so maybe save your money.

Top Bottom