• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

nullpoynter

Forgot to ask in my last post... Did anyone's Wii U console box have any type of seal? I was expecting some type of transparent sticker seal, but there was nothing on mine.

treason

Wind Waker is absolutely gorgeous. Tomorrow im heading to Target to pick up 3d World for $40, cant wait to see what it looks like . I didnt open wonderful 101 yet .....as for ninja gaiden i have zero interest. i will keep it unopened, maybe in 30 years it will appreciate in value .

Forgot to ask in my last post... Did anyone's Wii U console box have any type of seal? I was expecting some type of transparent sticker seal, but there was nothing on mine.

There wasnt a seal on my box either . Everything did look brand new though

nullpoynter

Wind Waker is absolutely gorgeous. Tomorrow im heading to Target to pick up 3d World for $40, cant wait to see what it looks like . I didnt open wonderful 101 yet .....as for ninja gaiden i have zero interest. i will keep it unopened, maybe in 30 years it will appreciate in value .

I hope you can still grab a copy of 3d World. They sold out around here fairly quick. After I ordered mine for in store pickup on Sunday, the website immediately showed out of stock for both stores near me.

treason

I hope you can still grab a copy of 3d World. They sold out around here fairly quick. After I ordered mine for in store pickup on Sunday, the website immediately showed out of stock for both stores near me.
Fingers crossed ,I hope my target isnt sold out. Someone made a video on youtube claiming BestBuy will price match .

Not only that, but the inside of the box was pretty much absent of any packing material. Basically the console, two games, and the accessory kit was just thrown in a big box so they could smash into each other during shipping. The Wii U game pad accessory kit was smashed, but luckily the contents unharmed. I'm surprised the console box didn't crack and smash the game cases all to hell. WTF Newegg!

You are 100% right , Newegg did half ass the packaging. no fucks were given

nullpoynter

Fingers crossed ,I hope my target isnt sold out. Someone made a video on youtube claiming BestBuy will price match .

I've seen on Slickdeals where people were able to price match at Wal-Mart too. I think some even had luck with Amazon. Either way, good luck.

rjinaz

Anyone know how big the the initial update is? I'm on a 150up/100down connection and it seems to be crawling...

Did mine earlier and it took about 30 minutes to download and another 10 or so to install. Don't know how big it is though but my internet tends to be pretty fast.

kick51

Banned
sooooooooooooooooooooooo

anyone else got buyer's remorse yet? lol

i don't think i'm ever going to play it. it's going to the b/s/t thread.

yes yes, feel free to mock me. i am not a clever man.

that said, everything about the design of it from top to bottom is idiotic. that's my sales pitch.

Riposte

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

that said, everything about the design of it from top to bottom is idiotic. that's my sales pitch.

I don't care how bad Ninja Gaiden is, you should also play Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on it first before you sell it. (Then buy it again for Bayonetta 2 and stuff this year.)

kick51

Banned
I don't care how bad Ninja Gaiden is, you should also play Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros U, and Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 on it first before you sell it. (Then buy it again for Bayonetta 2 and stuff this year.)

The console will be had for $99 easy by the time I get around to Bayonetta 2. The rest...nah. I realize mario games and pikmin are awesome but they don't draw me in. As much as I like other "hardcore" gaming, MonHun has never been my thing.

"then why did you buy it"

i dunno

Mesoian

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just play Pikmin, it's not the design of the games or the console that is the problem. You have a bunch of really good games to play, you'll be fine.

kick51

Banned
Just play Pikmin, it's not the design of the games or the console that is the problem. You have a bunch of really good games to play, you'll be fine.

I know, it's not so much about whether there will be good games. it's just that I have a lot of other good games. I'm like adoptive parents who go crazy adopting....then realize what a mistake it was, then sell off the kid who is getting the least attention.

nullpoynter

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

No regrets here. I've been addicted to Super Mario 3D World for the last few days. I've played about 3 hours per night for the last couple of days. I haven't had this much fun with a console for awhile.

sooooooooooooooooooooooo

Played ng3 for all of 30 mins, sold it, then I played W101

I'm not even gonna lie, I impulse bought this and i never couldve imagined to love the console this much. The W101 is up there with bayonetta & wind waker is a classic. I really thought I outgrew kiddie games, now I discover the Nintendo magic is real. Little touches like the old man bugging u about his daughter in windfall and the guy being unhappy about his job, lil touches like that make Zelda what it is. Played the demo of zombiu & then I bought that.

Overall this was the perfect time for me to get a Wii u. Not needing it for 3rd parties I just want Nintendo to continue to support it past 2014

Bit of a crazy bump (sorry to get your hopes up...)

I have a question about the Gamepad. is the extra styling stickers? Or actually part of the controller?

Is there anything different about the console too?

xHiryu

Bit of a crazy bump (sorry to get your hopes up...)

I have a question about the Gamepad. is the extra styling stickers? Or actually part of the controller?

Is there anything different about the console too?

The extra styling on the gamepad is a part of it, not a sticker. The only thing different is the gamepad, the console is a simple black WiiU.

Top Bottom