• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

Mr_Joe

Picked this up on Friday. Still not sure if it was a good idea.

Do the Zelda codes and Gamepad consistently sell online? If there's a reliable place to sell them, I'm game. Really don't want to download Zelda.

chrislowe

Am so sad I missed the sellouts of WiiU Basic, it was so cheap :(

I think I will get a premium for my daughter at her birthday later this year, hope there will be good bundles as this then.

Super Mario 3D World is a glorious video game. If you don't have the game already on your WiiU, there is no excuse for missing out on that Target sale price of $39.99 starting Sunday (2/2/14 to 2/8/14)

As far as other WiiU pickups...Lego City Undercover WiiU is awesome. Amazon just dropped its own price down from $49.99 to $39.99 to match Best Buy's clearance price (also $39.99).

Just bought 3D World from Target, I'll go pick it up later today. As for Lego City, it's really tempting but I think I'm going to have to hold myself back a bit. Is it kind of like GTA with Legos? Is it linear or does it actually offer an open world lego experience? I never kept up with it too well. What's the general consensus on it?

Dicer

Banned

Do the Zelda codes and Gamepad consistently sell online? If there's a reliable place to sell them, I'm game. Really don't want to download Zelda.

Why would you sell the pad?
I think you should just PM me the WW code for being so....illogical

Padinn

Give the system a chance and you should be pleasantly surprised. Zelda is an excellent game. Also, don't get rid of your Gamepad or you won't be able to use the EShop.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Don't forget to give the eShop a look!

Nano Assault Neo
Toki Tori 2
Mighty Switch Force HD
Mutant Mudds Deluxe
Unepic

Mr_Joe

Give the system a chance and you should be pleasantly surprised. Zelda is an excellent game. Also, don't get rid of your Gamepad or you won't be able to use the EShop.

I was thinking I'd replace the Gamepad with a standard one and make a little extra scratch, but looking into it, it doesn't seem like a good idea.

And I want to play Zelda, just not the digital version. I'd prefer to have a physical copy.

to be fair, technically for 100$ more you can get a PS4 so it's not that good of a deal imo

Yeah, you'll get a PS4, with no games.
This deal nets you a Wii U plus 3 games, one of which is FUCKING AWESOME (W101), one is one of the best Zelda titles ever and the last is an okay version of Ninja Gaiden 3.

Really, you can't really go wrong with this deal.

nullpoynter

to be fair, technically for 100$ more you can get a PS4 so it's not that good of a deal imo

Go away! I love my PS4 too, but the Wii U bundle many of us picked up on Friday was a hell of a deal. The PS4 comes with no games, so add the price of about three games and get back to me. Whether the Wii U keeps having issues financially or not, the bundle is a great deal to play all of those first party titles on. Can't wait until mine arrives.

cacildo

Ive seen WW download codes for 50-30 on eBay, but it seems they Just cant send you the code by email...

Anyway, if anyone wants to sell me One for 20 and has a trust worthy way to make the Money transfer, pm me

kick51

Banned
nice packaging job, cunts:

UEkdk5Y.png

just that with my address lol

*insert "they were confident nobody would steal it" joke here*

delta25

Banned
Hell of a deal. The Wii U as it stands will provide you with the best options in regards to next gen gaming. Truth be told, dont feed into to all the bullshit, the Wii U is an awesome little console and IMO even worth the normal asking price.

Hell of a deal. The Wii U as it stands will provide you with the best options in regards to next gen gaming. Truth be told, dont feed into to all the bullshit, the Wii U is an awesome little console and IMO even worth the normal asking price.

HERESY!

i agree

Mesoian

Well...

If anything, it will be a capable supplement.

How so? From my point of view while the PS4 & Xbox One will be pumping out amazing next-gen experiences in 2 years(and beyond) from now, the Wii U might not even be alive.

I wouldn't want to fall into the same trap I did with HD DVD - I told myself that my Hd DVD players could still play all the movies I bought for it, so who cares if it dies off before Blu-ray. Once it did die, and all the hot new releases came out only on Blu-ray, I cared.

When the Wii U stops getting releases and games like Fallout 4, Infamous, Halo, and all these other titles start pouring out for the other two systems it's going to feel like a mistake spending the $270 on the Wii U just to replay Wind Waker, and prettier versions of the various Mario(s) before Nintendo moves on.

jrDev

When the Wii U stops getting releases and games like Fallout 4, Infamous, Halo, and all these other titles start pouring out for the other two systems it's going to feel like a mistake spending the $270 on the Wii U just to replay Wind Waker, and prettier versions of the various Mario(s) before Nintendo moves on.
Reread this post to see how hypocritical it is. Don't let me have to point it out haha...

What a load of bullshit

Gannd

Banned
How so? From my point of view while the PS4 & Xbox One will be pumping out amazing next-gen experiences in 2 years(and beyond) from now, the Wii U might not even be alive.

I wouldn't want to fall into the same trap I did with HD DVD - I told myself that my Hd DVD players could still play all the movies I bought for it, so who cares if it dies off before Blu-ray. Once it did die, and all the hot new releases came out only on Blu-ray, I cared.

Why do you list two first party games from the other publishers? When the PS4 and Xbox One stop getting releases like X, Zelda, Metroid, FE X SMT, you'l lfeel really sad. You also call out prettier version of the various Mario games while quoting Fallout 4, Infamous, and Halo which are going to be prettier on the new consoles. It doesn't compute.

It's fine to be more excited for the PS4 or Xbox One. But, that doesn't diminish someone else being just as excited for the Wii U.

Got one, should be here tomorrow. Picked up 3d world and Nintendo Land for cheap in anticipation. Been waiting a while for a good deal on the Wii U so I'm pretty stoked!

jimi_dini

Nintendo will not release their (awesome) 1st and 2nd party games on PS4 or Bone. Your comparison would only work if they did.

kick51

Banned
You can use Wii's Ethernet adaptor if you have one.

i definitely don't, but the update wasn't that bad....for wifi.

screen is crisper than I thought it would be!

this'll definitely replace my vita for off-TV netflixing.

really bummed I can't use the gamepad for Wii mode. My copy of REmake got here today too! oh well. if i'm not snowed in, i'll get that tomorrow. or tonight...it's only 7 and feels like midnight. yargh

What a load of bullshit

I never thought it would be the best system when it was announced and after Wii (which I wasn't a big fan of)....but right now the Wii U is the better system. It has many more good games on it than people give it credit for and I am more excited about 2014 on the Wii U than PS4 and Xbone.

Some people are concerned about support for the generation, and not just what is available today.

And some people are hypocrites when they cut down the Wii U lineup and say that they won't buy one until more games are released while they bought PS4 when there is hardly anything of quality on it yet.

It is OK to have a preference but say it like it is.

Log4Girlz

And some people are hypocrites when they cut down the Wii U lineup and say that they won't buy one until more games are released while they bought PS4 when there is hardly anything of quality on it yet.

The PS4 has a whole generation of overwhelming third party support ahead of it. Its launch games and the promise of new games was enough to entice millions of people to purchase the console and to keep purchasing.

What Wii U was going to turn out to be was up in the air. It was expensive, didn't target their preferred demographic properly, it does nothing for the enthusiast demo that Sony targets etc. Its a whirlwind of problems.

drbond

Neo Member
Also, don't get rid of your Gamepad or you won't be able to use the EShop.

...among other things/menus/etc...

Love my Zelda gamepad. :)

Also, someone mentioned that they needed an ethernet adaptor for their WiiU. As some already said, any ethernet adaptor for the Wii will work (I am using the rocketfish brand one that went on sale for $3 or something, from best buy last month).

dLMN8R

Aw man, my delivery (to Seattle) was delayed in Doraville, GA due to "adverse weather conditions". This was yesterday :-(

even if people are hypocrites, that's Nintendo's problem and not the consumer's

nullpoynter

nice packaging job, cunts:

UEkdk5Y.png

just that with my address lol

*insert "they were confident nobody would steal it" joke here*

Not only that, but the inside of the box was pretty much absent of any packing material. Basically the console, two games, and the accessory kit was just thrown in a big box so they could smash into each other during shipping. The Wii U game pad accessory kit was smashed, but luckily the contents unharmed. I'm surprised the console box didn't crack and smash the game cases all to hell. WTF Newegg!

Top Bottom