• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

rjinaz

I'm a little surprised this isn't sold out yet. These bundle deals usually go fairly fast, especially the ones buy.com throws up on eBay occasionally. Newegg must have a large inventory of these.

Yeah I'm actually surprised too but I think it's the $270 that is turning people away despite the value. I think a sweet spot for most people is as close to $200 as possible. I mean the only reason I bit was because of resell value of the games but not everybody wants to do that. If this was $250 without say Ninja Gaiden I bet it would have sold out by now.

That being said, apparently they have around 1770 of these and they have sold 1700 so it should be sold out pretty soon.

Hero

Sick deal.

Ninja Gaiden about 20 dollars
Wonderful 101 about 24 dollars
Zelda HD still 50 dollars
Hyrule Historia about 20 dollars

Wii U for like 140 bucks right here. You can sell the Zelda Game Pad and buy a regular one if you really want to save some more too.

Argh, my Wii U died and I literally ordered the Zelda bundle for the standard price just hours before seeing this, and was unable to cancel. :|

rjinaz

Argh, my Wii U died and I literally ordered the Zelda bundle for the standard price just hours before seeing this, and was unable to cancel. :|

That's too bad. I was in a similar situation but I canceled just in time. If you have the money in the bank you could buy this deal and then when the other one arrives either refuse it or return it. I'm not sure what I would do though, probably just save the trouble and keep it.

Ended up buying Splinter Cell Blacklist, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi, and Wii Party U (For the extra controller) to go along with it. I'll hopefully pick up Super Mario 3D World on Sunday and I should be set. Any other games I should pick up? Is ZombieU worth it?

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
damn, is it still going on? Sucks it's US only, i'd have gotten another one

anyone been keeping track of how many units have been sold? Their stock musta been enormous, lol

guek

Banned
Ended up buying Splinter Cell Blacklist, Pikmin 3, Super Mario Bros. U + Luigi, and Wii Party U (For the extra controller) to go along with it. I'll hopefully pick up Super Mario 3D World on Sunday and I should be set. Any other games I should pick up? Is ZombieU worth it?
ZombiU? Yes. Hell yes

jmizzal

Yes get ZombiU

and the WiiU deal is sold out over 1,700 units sold

kick51

Banned
wait, you can play regular Wii games on the game pad.

i can play Sin + Punishment in bed? The video game version?

jmizzal

Alright then, I will! I'm going to be very busy for a while now, haha. Should help very well with the PS4 drought. I'm so excited right now, can't wait.

Yes all the good games on WiiU will keep u busy until the big 2014 WiiU games come out and as u said u have a PS4 too

nullpoynter

Yeah I'm actually surprised too but I think it's the $270 that is turning people away despite the value. I think a sweet spot for most people is as close to $200 as possible. I mean the only reason I bit was because of resell value of the games but not everybody wants to do that. If this was $250 without say Ninja Gaiden I bet it would have sold out by now.

That being said, apparently they have around 1770 of these and they have sold 1700 so it should be sold out pretty soon.

True, if it would've been a $250 bundle it would've sold out quicker. I didn't really want Ninja Gaiden, but even with Zelda and the Wonderful 101 it is a great price. I'll probably sell Ninja Gaiden and see what I can get for it. Now I just need to pick up 3D World at Target when it goes on sale for $39.99 on Sunday.

drbond

Neo Member

Super Mario 3D World is a glorious video game. If you don't have the game already on your WiiU, there is no excuse for missing out on that Target sale price of $39.99 starting Sunday (2/2/14 to 2/8/14)

As far as other WiiU pickups...Lego City Undercover WiiU is awesome. Amazon just dropped its own price down from $49.99 to $39.99 to match Best Buy's clearance price (also $39.99).

Shun

Wow that's an amazing deal, I might actually consider that...

I found 2 Wii U deals on craigslist and I'd like your opinions

Option 1 - $300
-Comes with Deluxe Wii U and Gamepad
-Nintendo Land and NSMBU/Luigi U
-Blue 3DS XL
-Harvest Moon, Mario Kart

Option 2 - $225
-Deluxe Wii U with Wind Waker HD

I'm not sure if I should take the binge cause it sounds like a good deal, especially the XL deal where I can just resell the XL and get like 100+ dollars back.

drbond

Neo Member
I figured people in this thread would appreciate the info (stuff I posted in another thread for a new WiiU user), since most will be getting their WiiU's setup for the first time.........

Since the Zelda bundle includes the black WiiU model 32GB, especially, look into creating your Club Nintendo account.
https://club.nintendo.com/

You earn points for purchases (like they did with Wii), as well as get rewarded for completing surveys before or after your purchase/play. Some titles reward more than others (if they are on promo), and you use those points to buy Nintendo memorabilia off the site....ooooor...you can get free games for your 3DS or your WiiU (usually they have a game from the Wii virtual console also) with new games changed every month. This month for example, for 200 coins earned, you can get a free download of the SNES classic F-Zero (the WiiU virtual console version with off-screen play).

Also make sure to register your new NNID with the Deluxe Digital Promotion website (applies to the black 32GB model bundle and for people who have made or redeemed at least 1 purchase off eShop...and yes....the Zelda WW HD digital download counts as the one purchased/redeemed product).
https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/index.do

For every 500 points earned, or $50.00 spent in the eshop (will differ if you are in other countries...see website details), you earn a credit of $5 bucks to use in either WiiU or 3DS eshop (now that the accounts for eShop money deposits are unified). Once you earn 500 points, you log onto the Digital Deluxe Promo website, and it will create a $5.00 code for you to redeem on eShop in order to add money to your account.

For that Zelda WW bundle (which I bought on black friday), my NNID account was creditted for a full purchase price of the digital version of Zelda Windwaker HD. So just for buying the bundle itself and redeeming the Zelda WW HD code, I got 499 points (or $49.99) for Zelda Windwaker HD. Since you get $5.00 eShop credit for every $50.00 spent, I got $5.00 eShop credit automatically after getting something else. Just spent that $5.00 credit (along with some more creditted money) on the badass Mighty Switch Force 1 Hyper Drive Edition for WiiU (currently part of that very sweet WiiU eShop Indie game sale this week...ends on 2/13/14).

Briarios

Is there any way to make Wii U purchases in the eShop without the Wii U? In the PSN store, you can buy stuff online. I ask, because the Monster Hunter sale ends before my Wii U is scheduled to arrive.

Is there any way to make Wii U purchases in the eShop without the Wii U? In the PSN store, you can buy stuff online. I ask, because the Monster Hunter sale ends before my Wii U is scheduled to arrive.
Not possible. Nintendo has said that they are working on it but we still haven't seen the store online yet.

There have been some decent discounts on the disc version at retail so you could look into that.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Wow that's an amazing deal, I might actually consider that...

I found 2 Wii U deals on craigslist and I'd like your opinions

Option 1 - $300
-Comes with Deluxe Wii U and Gamepad
-Nintendo Land and NSMBU/Luigi U
-Blue 3DS XL
-Harvest Moon, Mario Kart

Option 2 - $225
-Deluxe Wii U with Wind Waker HD

I'm not sure if I should take the binge cause it sounds like a good deal, especially the XL deal where I can just resell the XL and get like 100+ dollars back.

go with the first one, it's defnitely got the better value

Briarios

Yeah, I figured ... I looked around and couldn't find anything. You'd think they would love the spontaneous purchases for someone browsing on the 3DS or a PC. But, I guess Nintendo is always behind the curve on these things.

I'll probably end up grabbing ZombiU & Super Mario 3D World, as well as MH3U. it's always fun getting a new system ... Finding time to play it, well, that's something else ...

That's too bad. I was in a similar situation but I canceled just in time. If you have the money in the bank you could buy this deal and then when the other one arrives either refuse it or return it. I'm not sure what I would do though, probably just save the trouble and keep it.
Yeah, I ended up keeping it. I do have W101 and NG3 (on PS3) anyway. Though the nicer price and being able to sell those games would have been nice. :/

kick51

Banned
I have a feeling I know the answer to this, but is there anyway I can buy stuff on the eshop before getting the system? Monster Hunter deal ends 2/3, system gets here 2/4

HardRojo

I would've ordered this in a heartbeat but I don't have enough money right now, been on a spending spree for the last couple of weeks and still need to make it to the 15th till next paycheck comes :(

Top Bottom