• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Deluxe (Limited Editon w Zelda WW + W101 + Ninja Gaiden for $270)

Planned to wait for Bayonetta 2 after missing out on all the Black Friday deals, but at this price, I jumped. Just ordered it, and also bought Super Mario 3D World from Amazon. Should all be here by Feb. 5!

Didn't intend on spending $300 today but I ain't even mad, haha.

Is Newegg taking a loss at this price?

Maybe they want to get rid of their stock? Still, all the better for me :D

462 sold in less than 1 hour. Does this mean that price IS actually the issue with Wii U?

besides all the other issues

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I will buy someone's Wonderful 101 for $15 if they don't want it, effectively dropping this bundle to $255!

jwbrown77

Planned to wait for Bayonetta 2 after missing out on all the Black Friday deals, but at this price, I jumped. Just ordered it, and also bought Super Mario 3D World from Amazon. Should all be here by Feb. 5!

Didn't intend on spending $300 today but I ain't even mad, haha.

FYI: Super Mario 3D World will be $40 at Target starting Sunday.

Possible that Amazon would price match it, but no way to know for sure. You might want to wait.

Hindl

God I feel like a chump for buying a deluxe Wii U + pikmin 3 back in August for $430...

Anyone who is remotely interested in the Wii U and doesn't jump in on this is insane

Ikki

Banned
I couldn't say no at this price, I already have WWHD: limited edition, i guess i 'll have to resell the code/book

FYI: Super Mario 3D World will be $40 at Target starting Sunday.

Possible that Amazon would price match it, but no way to know for sure. You might want to wait.

Damn, thanks for the heads up. Might as well wait it out and see, I'll cancel for now. Amazon wasn't going to ship till Monday anyways.

rjinaz

I'm talking about when the Skylanders bundle was $220, sorry.

Yeah I figured you meant when it was cheaper. I could see you making off better after selling off everything in that bundle but with this one you aren't stuck with the basic which was what turned me away from it.

drspeedy

God I feel like a chump for buying a deluxe Wii U + pikmin 3 back in August for $430...

Anyone who is remotely interested in the Wii U and doesn't jump in on this is insane

one could argue there's very few sane Wii U supporters...

Moosehole

462 sold in less than 1 hour. Does this mean that price IS actually the issue with Wii U?

besides all the other issues
IMO it is by far the biggest issue. You can get a PS4 for $100 more. Hell, you can get a PS3 or 360 for cheaper.

The gamepad drove the price too high and it's just sitting there in no man's land.

This is coming from a Wii U owner, btw.

Absolutely worth it. The Wii U is an awesome system, and The Wonderful 101 is bloody amazing. I haven't played WW HD yet, but obviously that's a great game as well.

DO IT GAF

It's getting close to my buying price. I want a retail version of WW, and I don't want the hassle of finding someone to sell the code to, and I already have the art book stuff; I don't want Ninja Gaiden, and 101 is only 20 bucks. If that was 250 for retail WW and 101, and none of the other stuff, I'd be more tempted, but I'd probably still hold off since recent news of third parties abandoning the platform, and lack of release dates for other stuff, gives me pause. Also, I have other stuff to play on the 3DS, so I can wait for another 25+ bucks off the price.

Gannd

Banned
IMO it is by far the biggest issue. You can get a PS4 for $100 more. Hell, you can get a PS3 or 360 for cheaper.

The gamepad drove the price too high and it's just sitting there in no man's land.

This is coming from a Wii U owner, btw.

I think it is a price issue but it's also a content issue. I *hope* that by the time Mario Kart 8 hits, if they can get the price down to $199 with the game, they'll hit a point that people are willing to jump in. I don't think it will turn the systems fortunes around but I'm hoping it gets out of the gutter.

Grizzo

GSas7Kw.jpg

:(

Crom

It's getting close to my buying price. I want a retail version of WW, and I don't want the hassle of finding someone to sell the code to, and I already have the art book stuff; I don't want Ninja Gaiden, and 101 is only 20 bucks. If that was 250 for retail WW and 101, and none of the other stuff, I'd be more tempted, but I'd probably still hold off since recent news of third parties abandoning the platform, and lack of release dates for other stuff, gives me pause. Also, I have other stuff to play on the 3DS, so I can wait for another 25+ bucks off the price.

Easy to sell that stuff on Ebay. (If you use Ebay)

Don't worry, no need to rush. You'd finish the rest of the worthwhile library within a week and there's literally only 2 or 3 games coming out from now until summer (excluding shovelware). Considering the situation, this sale is just the tip of the iceberg that's about to come. It will get much closer to a fair price during the course of this year.
And it's not like 3DS is fully cooling down yet.

Lan_97

Yeah I figured you meant when it was cheaper. I could see you making off better after selling off everything in that bundle but with this one you aren't stuck with the basic which was what turned me away from it.

The color, digital deluxe, 32gb drive, and dock differentiate the basic and deluxe systems. A dock is $6 and you will want external storage (if you are serious about digital) regardless of having 8gb or 32gb internal. With Nintendo Land and Skylanders (both are actually really good games, and the latter is very resellable), the $220 bundle was a comparable if not better deal depending on your color and game preference.

Damn good deal. Even with the hate I found NG3:RE an enjoyable port and W101 and Zelda WW are just great games. If I didn't have one already I'd be eating this up.

Don't worry, no need to rush. You'd finish the rest of the worthwhile library within a week and there's literally only 2 or 3 games coming out from now until summer (excluding shovelware). Considering the situation, this sale is just the tip of the iceberg that's about to come. It will get much closer to a fair price during the course of this year.

What, in your opinion, would be a fair price for the system?

GravyButt

I bit. Dont know when ill play it but my wife will be happy.

Do we still have to use the wii motes or can you play mario games laying down finally?

Freeser

Dammit living in California sucks. The $20 of sales tax kills the deal for me. Nintendo has had me at the checkout stage at least 3 times in the last month or two with these deals but I can't quite pull the trigger.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
the sad part is such a package might reach half hat price within the next 12 months at the rate the market is going...

Dicer

Banned
Dammit living in California sucks. The $20 of sales tax kills the deal for me. Nintendo has had me at the checkout stage at least 3 times in the last month or two with these deals but I can't quite pull the trigger.

Really? 20bux is stopping you?

Come on, this is just stupid. I don't know how anyone gets away with this stuff around here.

I also wanted a physical Zelda copy but at this price I just couldn't say no. I missed the $250 Black Friday bundles so this is great for me.

NInja Gaiden: Razor's Edge has some serious frame rate issues on Wii U

Is it unplayable kinda serious? I'm not really interested in it, but I'll probably pop it in eventually. I still have a copy of Ninja Gaiden 3 for Ps3 that I never even opened (got it for like 12 bucks).

Yep. Believe it or not I am buried in games for the Wii U (big backlog). Playing Monster Hunsters now.

Just bought MH3U on the 3DS like 2 days ago. Guess I should have waited, haha.

NInja Gaiden: Razor's Edge has some serious frame rate issues on Wii U
Between the system patches and game patches it got better, mostly at the cost of quality AA. Still not as good as the PS360 version but I think the overall IQ is still better and there's no screen tearing.

Top Bottom