• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta now taking applications, the thread of begging and whining

Gandie

I'm trying to get everyone in. Please bear with me, I'm trying not to scare the support person away.

Still have one Xbox one key to give away. Waiting until 3:45 German time to do the random draw.

jax

Banned
Dunno why people are still hammering to get into Beta, its clearly still broken.

You can't connect to servers, at all.

Gandie

Sorry guys, ;_;

Abhishek finally gave up. no more PC codes from me. Still have the Xbox one key. You have 25 minutes left to enter.

Tecl0n

Another success story, a "Rachit" added the beta to my secondary account (My usual one was unable to connec to the chat for hours). I kinda like this service.

fade_

There we go. It starred Michael Dorn so I thought more people would get it. It's got one of the best stories in a video game. Seriously, and I've played Planescape Torment.

I have to ask did you look it up or have you played it. Also, you got a PM.

Everyone who wants a good story should play it.

gE1bG.png

335_5.jpg

mission_critical_screenshot2.jpg

Pretty sure this game is considered abandonware now and can be downloaded for free.

sp3000

Pretty sure this game is considered abandonware now and can be downloaded for free.

Yeah it's trademark is gone so its free now. GOG doesnt have it since no one is there to license the rights to it.

A simple google search should turn up a download link.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Heh, my brother received 2 codes thinking that they were both for PC and he gave me one. Turns out the other code was for XB1 so now I have it on there. I've submitted for the beta as well, so if I get some codes, I'll definitely be handing them out here :)

harrytang

Heh, my brother received 2 codes thinking that they were both for PC and he gave me one. Turns out the other code was for XB1 so now I have it on there. I've submitted for the beta as well, so if I get some codes, I'll definitely be handing them out here :)

damn dude. you the best. good looking out.

Elev8ion

Neo Member
Well one less sell for TitanFall here, cannot deal with the sluggishness of the game and the textures are just abysmal.

Next play.

Nafai1123

Banned
Got them to add it to my Origin account via email support. I'd suggest doing that if you don't want to wait around for the chat queue.

BraXzy

Well one less sell for TitanFall here, cannot deal with the sluggishness of the game and the textures are just abysmal.

Next play.

I can appreciate the fact that it isn't the most next-gen looking, particle effect driven game coming out but seriously? What is your definition of sluggish?

Elev8ion

Neo Member
I can appreciate the fact that it isn't the most next-gen looking, particle effect driven game coming out but seriously? What is your definition of sluggish?

Maybe it is just my experience, but quite a bit of slowdown when I am playing. Constant framerate dips and definite lag issues.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
In hours: ~16

I will wait to see what kind of buzz the final build gets. I think the XBone is really holding this game back, I have no comment on the PC side so apologies if I came off that way.

??

You posted in this thread 10 hours ago still without a code, and the servers died 5 hours ago. No one can play. ;_;

dang it... i try to spend some time with my lady and miss the hookup with pc codes :( am sad... oh well hopefully my attempt at getting a code from the site yesterday works.. nothing yet :(

Atilac

Just got into the beta by asking!!!!!

Amarjeet: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Amarjeet. How may I assist you today?
you: Hello Amarjeet, my name is Alex. I was wondering if you could make my day and add the titanfall beta to my origin account.
you: I've been a goof customer in the past.
Amarjeet: Hello Alex, Nice to meet you .
you: hello
Amarjeet: We apologize for the high wait time. We’ve been receiving heavy influx today.
you: no problem
Amarjeet: Alex, May I know for which platform are you contacting ?
you: PC
Amarjeet: Would you mind holding for a minute while I give you a new one ?
you: sure
Amarjeet: Thank you for waiting.
Amarjeet: The Titan fall beta is provided on the account.
you: no problem
you: aww, thank you sooo much
you: You made my day
Amarjeet: You are welcome, It's was my pleasure to assist you today.
Amarjeet: ***Cheers***
Amarjeet: :D
you: You have a great day
you: :D
Amarjeet: My pleasure :) Alex .
you: Good bye
Amarjeet: Same to you.
Amarjeet: You may now go ahead and press the 'End Chat' button to end this conversation smoothly.

EDIT: To get in go here: http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/?product=origin&platform=pc
Choose demo and beta, then write eligibility then go to chat. If the option to chat doesn't show just refresh every 5 minutes or so until the option appears, I had to wait about an hour and half to talk to someone. BUT IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

harrytang

Maybe it is just my experience, but quite a bit of slowdown when I am playing. Constant framerate dips and definite lag issues.

feel like its expected in a beta. maybe if it was a demo publicly available on the xbox live marketplace i would write it off on performance, but that's how i operate.

I just had a terrible day/week at work. I'd very much like to play the beta. Can anyone help a brotha out with a code? I'm PC Xbone ambidextrous

If they're going to give out keys just for asking, the least they should do is give out keys to people who preordered. Rolling out seems completely arbitrary.

border

Big thanks to Gandie for sending me the Xbox One beta key.

If EA ever mails me a code, I will definitely give it away in this thread in his honor!

ChuckNyce

Tried just asking EA support for a key nicely last night, got a 15 percent off code instead. Not sure if I can try begging them again or not, fuck this sucks.

Top Bottom