• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 21-27 | Easter EG Hunting

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I'm not really sure what to think about Poison's ending

i cant stop laughing at the poison one. i guess this is what capcom has been working on for so long, release a metal band with street fighters kappa

I've been studying these things in certain other fighting games. I think you are meant to think something like:

That is Rolento playing the drums right? How does that make sense? He has never played the drums in the series before. I can't believe they would do this, they might as well just put in anything at this point if they are going to ruin the story completely. Why can't they make another fighting game where they just put in imaginary things like this and leave the game as is?

Kimosabae

Banned
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";109171476]Man, I-No is so much fun. I've really been putting KOF on the backburner to learn her.[/QUOTE]

Fuuuuuck that character. Essentially unblockable in the corner and does so much damage for no reason.

The nerfs to Ky's satellite make this matchup so frustrating now.

Anne

It's been a weird day

HiYVqLW.jpg

Anne

Haha. Seeing stuff like this just makes me more frustrated that going to the arcade is such a long drive. And I don't even care much for KOF.

Jason has been doing stuff like this a lot lately, ever since he moved the CvS2/3S/ABK boards around and I got him to put HnK back in. Today we had like 20 people show up for no reason so we had a SF4 tourney. I lost to Eugene and Patrick and ended up in 3rd ;_;

Come crash at my place, I'll play ABK with you and we can be dumb. There's actually a ST/3S/SF4 event this Saturday :p

Papstr

Neo Member
Jason has been doing stuff like this a lot lately, ever since he moved the CvS2/3S/ABK boards around and I got him to put HnK back in. Today we had like 20 people show up for no reason so we had a SF4 tourney. I lost to Eugene and Patrick and ended up in 3rd ;_;

Come crash at my place, I'll play ABK with you and we can be dumb. There's actually a ST/3S/SF4 event this Saturday :p

3rd is still legit. There's no shame in losing to Patrick and Eugene haha.

Crashing at your place does sound like a good idea, but its getting there that's the issue. Plus I tend to work on weekends. I want to visit the Game Galaxy more so badly

gutabo

Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I can only say for now that going to a family meeting with a bad hangover must be one of the worst things ever. And my son won't let me sleep at all :(

Anyone know if sp00ky is hosting tomorrow's battle circuit? Or will it be Art again? I really liked Art's stream last week. Didn't feel stale; same ol same ol; Art was great.

Hope he gets another chance at hosting the main event. He deserves it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
There is science behind special effects. There is no science behind ki.

As cool as it would be otherwise. :/
Not that I believe some VHS footage of a dude lighting a crumpled mountain of paper on fire with his bare hands necessarily, but I like where they're drawing their inspiration from.

Science is entirely the wrong word, I agree lol

So Daigo has a card for 6 characters, 4 are familiar faces with 2 being new. The 2 new characters being Evil Ryu, and Hugo. He has a pretty good win percentage with everybody except Hugo. And his win rate with Hugo isn't just bad, it's really fucking terrible.

https://twitter.com/SSF4_Ranking/status/458692826596114432

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm going to jump to conclusions. This character probably won't be a real threat to win major tournaments in USF4. Probably just a good counter pick for some characters and some guys will pick him up and do OK with him but that's all I expect out of him.

On the bright side it's cool to know Daigo is playing Evil Ryu. I don't expect him to main Evil Ryu at all, but hopefully I get to see some more footage of him actually playing the character(their is only one video so far).

SimSimIV

Lol Zangitan has a 90+% win rate.

And that dude isn't just playing against randoms as far as I have seen. So we could probably guess that Gief isn't in urgent need of buffs, but I have sources saying he is getting buffs. I think the sources are based on chats with Combofiend from before arcade release. My question is: Do you guys think that the success rate of characters in the arcades in Japan will impact the changes that are added in the console release? Is the Whole Arcade release a big location test so far?

And that dude isn't just playing against randoms as far as I have seen. So we could probably guess that Gief isn't in urgent need of buffs, but I have sources saying he is getting buffs. I think the sources are based on chats with Combofiend from before arcade release. My question is: Do you guys think that the success rate of characters in the arcades in Japan will impact the changes that are added in the console release? Is the Whole Arcade release a big location test so far?
I feel like it is so far. Combofiend did say that some characters should get a little sum sum by the time of release. Or at least Abel was supposed too.

Also, I was speaking to Kurokiba (NorCal Deejay player) about his changes in Ultra. He's pretty happy with the changes so far, but from 2012 -> Ultra, Deejay is actually more free on wake up than he was before.. If possible. Capcom doesn't eem give a microfuck about Deejay's wake up game :(

The digital copies of Ultra are coming out in June. This means there will be a month or so of information that Capcom can use. That said I don't think the results from the the arcades will change much. Maybe a few tweaks to fix glitches but thats it.

SimSimIV

The digital copies of Ultra are coming out in June. This means there will be a month or so of information that Capcom can use. That said I don't think the results from the the arcades will change much. Maybe a few tweaks to fix glitches but thats it.

I guess they won't add any MAJOR changes that could totally ruin the balance, but with a month of arcade play it should start to become obvious which chars are stronger and which ones are weaker.

Shito

So Daigo has a card for 6 characters, 4 are familiar faces with 2 being new. The 2 new characters being Evil Ryu, and Hugo. He has a pretty good win percentage with everybody except Hugo. And his win rate with Hugo isn't just bad, it's really fucking terrible.

https://twitter.com/SSF4_Ranking/status/458692826596114432

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm going to jump to conclusions. This character probably won't be a real threat to win major tournaments in USF4. Probably just a good counter pick for some characters and some guys will pick him up and do OK with him but that's all I expect out of him.
Or maybe Daigo just sucks at grapplers. ^^
All of this other characters are shoto-esque, so I'm not surprised he's having a harder time with a character that plays totally differently from his other SF4 mains. Also, we don't know how many matches he played -- could be he played a few and run into bad match-ups or good players.

That being said, I agree that Hugo probably won't be tournament viable.

Akimo former Deejay player current Honda player is the highest ranked Elena.

There's a website you can use to check all the Japanese arcade stats, but it's all in Japanese ofc. If you can read some of it it's pretty easy to navigate.

OceanBlue

Akimo former Deejay player current Honda player is the highest ranked Elena.

There's a website you can use to check all the Japanese arcade stats, but it's all in Japanese ofc. If you can read some of it it's pretty easy to navigate.
Can you post a link to the website?

SimSimIV

Yet another indication of changes to come with console release of USF4:

@Alioune85 @NualphaJPN if the nook came out on the 18th, wouldn't that suggest that there will be no more changes (except bug fixes)? Weird.

@jav1ts @Alioune85 Good question Javits. This book only discusses the system details, and some tips for players. No data, etc.

Top Bottom