• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Costume Quest 2 (W/M/L, PS3/4, Wii U, 360 and X1) details and new screenshots

Sendou

Polygon did a hands-on. Game is coming out this Halloween.

I'd take some quotes but the whole article is so full of details about the game and I don't want copy too much. One big part to Double Fine seems to be refining the battle system.

costumequest2_screen_kujhc.jpg
costumequest2_screen_j2jxa.jpg
costumequest2_screen_bak2z.jpg

Ruruja

I really need to get around to finishing the first one. It's a really charming game. Hopefully this will be just as good.

atr0cious

Probably my favorite Double Fine production of last generation. Too bad it was so short, it was unbelievably charming.

EBE

PLEASE have the combat be less repetitive. and maybe have some voice acting? im not too sure about that one though. might work. might not.

will keep my eye on this. i really liked costume quest.

Eusis

Ohhh, need to beat the first sometime. Didn't realize for a long time you could use payphones to save in it.

I really love that it's not topdown anymore. It looks much more like an adventure game and that makes me want it a billionjilliontillion more.

Andrefpvs

Never completed the first one, despite trying two times.

First time, got the save corruption glitch.

Second time, got the French Fries glitch, which was never patched.

Needless to say, I have very sour memories of this franchise. I don't think I'll be getting this one.

Pyccko

I mean, I'm obviously gonna snatch this up, but it's still kinda weirding me out that they made this even though Tasha's not involved at all. Well, they seem to have kept her style intact, at least.

Cautiously optimistic.

Zach

Wow! Did NOT expect this! But I welcome it. My son and I really enjoyed playing through the first one (as well as the DLC). I look forward to playing this with him on Halloween! :D

Jeremy

I loved this game so much. I am so glad they're making a sequel! Hopefully they'll improve on the very few things that weren't all there.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Hard-corn Mode"

Hahahaha, alright, that's pretty good. I'm half tempted to try & beat the game in that "mode".

Blues1990

Now I'm curious to see what the Clown Costume transforms the kid into. If anything is in consideration, that character will probably transform into a killer, psychotic clown.

Weetrick

Loved the first game. I'm hoping they can retain the suburban nostalgia that made it so great. Day one either way.

not bad.

I can see the reviews already though :( ...

"more of the same - which is ok"
"played it safe."
"new coat of paint, same decent gameplay"
"feels just refined rather than expanded"
"feels more like CQ 1.5 than a full blown sequel"

etc. etc.

can't wait though!

Shiggy

Wonder how they can spice it up. Costume Quest 1 was pretty repetitive and I only played through it as it was pretty short (I mean it had the right length).

I hope this continues from the cliffhanger ending from the Grubbins on Ice DLC. If I recall, a portal or something opens up.

Labadal

The first one was charming, I'll probably buy Costume Quest 2. more of everything, it seems. A good change in the way you execute attacks in combat. Sounds more like Paper Mario.

Top Bottom