• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suits Season 4 |OT| A Firm, Divided - Wednesday 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpende

Originally, the hedge fund that Mike works for had Pearson Specter as a client to write the legalese for all of its business deals. Mike wants to buy the movie company that Gillis (sp?) owns for the hedge fund, but Harvey thought the way Mike wanted to try buying it was not a good business decision, and told him that as his lawyer.

At the same time, a different Pearson Specter client wanted to buy the same company. That is a conflict of interest, as Harvey can't represent two different clients who both want to buy the same company. Normally, this would not have been an issue, as a lawyer is ethically bound to stay with the original client. But since Mike had a hissy fit and put Pearson Specter into review (basically probation) after Harvey clowned his idea, it meant that PS was temporarily not representing Mike's company, so Harvey was forced to represent the other client, because he was still a current client.

So, now Mike has to face off against Harvey, with Mike and Harvey's current client both trying to take over the same company.

Thank you. I kind of got the gist of it but it makes more sense now.

Sundown

Banned
But Mike is being a dick so...Harvey winning will be better.

Harvey is always a dick and he always gets what he wants. This time around Mike is, or at least was, his boss and Harvey still treated him like his water boy. So if Mike is being a dick for asserting himself, then good on him for being a dick. It's time Harvey takes a loss.

I found the episode somewhat awkward, perhaps because it tried to set up the story for this season. Looking forward to see what's next.

Ashhong

Enjoyed the episode, but sometimes the dialogue is just too unrealistic. So many constant metaphors and fancy wordplay. It's just rapid fire stuff. I know it's been there from the beginning but it takes me out of it now, especially when literally every character talks like that

Vlodril

Harvey is always a dick and he always gets what he wants. This time around Mike is, or at least was, his boss and Harvey still treated him like his water boy. So if Mike is being a dick for asserting himself, then good on him for being a dick. It's time Harvey takes a loss.

Yes i think Donna was right in that Harvey had issues with adjusting tot heir new dynamic.

I give this another two episodes before Mike is back being a lawyer.

Well the showrunner indicated that won't (probably) be the case in the post-mortem he did for the premiere.

I know you wanted Mike to stick with this job, but Jonathan did say that he could go back to being a lawyer if he can't step it up. Will that ever happen?

Korsh: It's always a possibility. He wasn't serious about it. It was a throwaway line, like, "Go back to your mom and dad." To my mind, Mike can't go back to being a lawyer. Where is he going to go? Is he going to be a fraud again? It's supposed to give him a kick in the ass to get that home run.

obviously the show runner could go back on his word, but for now I'll assume he means what he says.

Aiii

So not worth it
Enjoyed the episode, but sometimes the dialogue is just too unrealistic. So many constant metaphors and fancy wordplay. It's just rapid fire stuff. I know it's been there from the beginning but it takes me out of it now, especially when literally every character talks like that
This is exactly the reason why I like this show so much. Reminds me of Gilmore Girls.

spwolf

i kind of got tired of smart ass replies.. thats really what this show has became now - witty-fast replies to asshole comments.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I don't really watch TV for realism.

Siegcram

I take it you've never seen a Sorkin show then?

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 4: episode 2 "Lunch and Dinner"

A takeover battle pits Harvey and Mike against one another, and the situation is only complicated further by Mike's relationship with Rachel. Elsewhere, Louis partners with recent SEC defector Jeff Malonein.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I dunno if anyone else is using Captions, but are they screwed up for anyone else? It's kinda hard to follow the show if I'm reading captions quickly because they're "blink or you'll miss the line" at times. :/ Like Jessica telling the new dude "no, means no" is was pretty much ate. :/

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
"I eat cock for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day!"

Oh Louis... Litting himself up.

Sundown

Banned
A few things.

I really enjoyed this episode.
Jeff is an awesome addition to the cast.
Louis remains my favourite character and he and his sidekick (I wanna say Sarah?) is awesome together.
I now ship Louis and Donna more than ever.

A few things.

I really enjoyed this episode.
Jeff is an awesome addition to the cast.
Louis remains my favourite character and he and his sidekick (I wanna say Sarah?) is awesome together.
I now ship Louis and Donna more than ever.
katrina

I also ship louis and donna now! Lets see it happen.

Sundown

Banned
katrina

I also ship louis and donna now! Lets see it happen.

I feel like I should have known that. There were hints she could have been a potential love interest for Mike like 2 seasons ago.

Yeah, I know a lot of people (probably the majority) would like to see Donna and Harvey end up together, but their scenes pale in comparison to the Donna and Louis' scenes together, whether it's them reciting Shakespeare or Louis doing something stupid and Donna being on to him.

TheOddOne

"But T-dawg, you have to be straight up with ya homies if you want us to have your back."

Louis is killing it this episode.

trinest

This episode really felt like it had a different feel then what the series normally does. Like the Mike and Racheal segments felt sweet and special, like no drama really. Plus Mike realising he needs to be like Harvey to win, but not wanting to go there.

Eldon

What I like the most is that a case is still on for more than one episode, and this is the first one of the season. Looking good Suits

Harvey told him how he should approach wanting to take over another firm. Mike ignored the advice.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Does mike not realise what investment bankers do?
Ain't nothing pro bono about that career

Aiii

So not worth it
So anyone else think Donna and Louis will get together eventually?

They better, I am not one for shipping normally, but I will be damned if Louis doesn't make named partner and has a family with Donna by the time this show goes off the air.

maharg

idspispopd
Mike is the worst no matter the job. He'll inevitably loose his job and will go back to being a lawyer by seasons end.

I'm only a halfhearted watcher of this show, and if this happens I will probably stop being even that. They've milked the peril of fraud too much already and if they go back to it they'll just do it even more.

Good episode, but i still think that this show is at its best when there is a new case every week. It just works.
Harvey, Donna and Louis are the best parts of this show.
I don't really care about Mike or Rachel. I like seeing Harvey kick Mike's ass.
Please, someone GIF Harvey's face when Rachel tells him she slept with Logan. Amazing reaction GIF.

I liked this moment so much.

harveyucrck.gif

And of course

louisx6f9k.gif

Alpende

Liked the episode. Katrina is useless, she is Louis' lackey at this point. Louis' cock story was pretty funny and I like the Harvey v. Mike battle quite a bit, I wonder how long that will last. Mike and Rachel story is boring.

I don't think it's that bad. I actually think this is the first time the tension between them is any real. This is harvey we're talking about. The guy with the most pride and the biggest ego. Also the guy who never loses. Can you imagine him taking an L to someone let alone Mike? For someone like him that's earth shattering but also has the added depth of kind of being a proud father like when he smiled at him at the end of the episode.

OF COURSE the season is gonna end with them somehow joining forces. Mike figures out a way that everyone gets what they want. Happily ever after. Somehow he rejoins harvey and realizes investment banking isn't for him.

Sundown

Banned
Harvey told him how he should approach wanting to take over another firm. Mike ignored the advice.

Harvey doesn't get to tell Mike what to do anymore. When that occurred, Harvey was Mike's employee, as in, his jobs is to help and advise Mike - not tell him what to do. Mike tells Harvey what to do - or he's fired, which he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom