• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division gameplay video (HQ)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I don't like creating new threads, but I just got it from Ubisoft so I figured you guys would like it.

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJVdt7z_WP8

HQ : http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_the_division_gameplay-15397_en.html

Also the CG trailer:
Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPq_NVi-TC4
HQ : http://www.gamersyde.com/news_e3_the_divsion_cgi_trailer-15422_en.html

Box Arts said:
td_pack_pcbxsht_e3_14q5dft.jpg
td_pack_ps4bxsht_e3_1imf5s.jpg
td_pack_xonebxsht_e3_2fcx5.jpg

screenshots said:

Key Art

Just remember to take what you see here, lower the resolution, remove some effects and drop some frames. Then you'll have your Ubi launch version. :)

anddo0

Fool me once (Watch Dogs)..

The game looks good, but that had to have been the PC version.
I'm not overhyping myself this time around.

jediyoshi

Just remember to take what you see here, lower the resolution, remove some effects and drop some frames. Then you'll have your Ubi launch version. :)

But was this a lower resolution, effect removed version of the game they showed in the first reveal?

Blinck

This honestly looks too good to be true. I just refuse to believe that the game will be an open world MMO with this level of detail. Unless every place in the world looks the same I just can't believe it.

Still, great to see this footage. Even if it's bullshit I have confidence that open world games will look like that one day.

Thanks Blim!
I noticed a lot of aliasing during the stream, so it was clear they already stripped it down a little. But that was expected. It still looked very good!

Phil4000

Yup pretty much, yesterday I went back and watched the live conference demos of Farcry 3 and Assassins Creed IV and they did look better than the final versions so....
Keep your expectations in check people.

Fool me once (Watch Dogs)..

The game looks good, but that had to have been the PC version.
I'm not overhyping myself this time around.

Thanks Blim!
I noticed a lot of aliasing during the stream, so it was clear they already stripped it down a little. But that was expected. It still looked very good!

A lot of aliasing means it was probably a console version and that doesn't indicate a downgrade.

AU Tiger

The fact that they were "playing" this game on stage better be indicative of the quality of the final product.

Dem bullet collisions, dat taxi door and bumper physics, dem paint cans!!

in b4 downgrade :(

fedexpeon

Banned
Game looks good...But horrible gamers to showcase the action.
I mean you have 4 characters with grenade, drone, spider bomb...why are you taking cover?
Just spread out so the AI get confuse on who to target while you throw your explosion into the AI.

woolley

Game looks good...But horrible gamers to showcase the action.
I mean you have 4 characters with grenade, drone, spider bomb...why are you taking cover?
Just spread out so the AI get confuse on who to target while you throw your explosion into the AI.
Its on purpose to show off different features of the game not to show fantastic team precision.

Rflagg

Damn looks sexy as hell, thanks Blim. Side note going to try twitch for ea conference as gametrailers looked pretty bad for msoft.

Winter John

It looks very impressive and I can imagine having a lot of fun with it. There were some nice touches, like the part where she called out, "Holy crap," as she jumped down off the truck; and the little flying drone that was used to blind the enemies. Looking forward to playing this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Player control looks too smooth/fluid... I'm skeptical this thing is even a real vertical slice. Reminds me of the first time Ubi showed GRAW. It was a complete fabrication.

I'm getting a similar vibe from this.

coastel

My most wanted game.Really like the look of the game play wouldnt care about a graphics down grade with it as long as it plays really well.

There is no reason to release a game without AA on any of the console.

Every normal game will have AA, i can bet with anyone for that.

Definitely looked sub-HD.

Even TitianFall with it's low res doesn't look that bad with the aliasing.

Watch it in HD on my TV on Spike TV. The streams probably hide the jaggies a lot more.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game develop and I'm psyched overall... but damn, the "team banter" that they script is year-on-year awful.

"Watch your step."

Are you kidding me? In what world do you tell a human ally to watch their step when going up a flight of in-game stairs. Is there a danger of tripping? I'm pretty sure my character will navigate the terrain just fine.

Still hyped, obvs, I just hate that shit :)

orioto

Good Art™
Player control looks too smooth/fluid... I'm skeptical this thing is even a real vertical slice. Reminds me of the first time Ubi showed GRAW. It was a complete fabrication.

I'm getting a similar vibe from this.

Ok maybe i'm totally used to next gen graphics already.. But last year The Division was a "is this real life, real time cgi omg".

That demo looked like any shooter currently.. Light, texture, models.. I'm looking forward the comparison with last year's footage but that was absolutely not impressive to me..

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
fucking sold, looks like the graphics are holding up. important to remember this is a great team working on this game with a totally different engine from watch_dogs.

fucking sold, looks like the graphics are holding up. important to remember this is a great team working on this game with a totally different engine from watch_dogs.

Also important to remember, is that we're seeing the benefits of next-gen ONLY development.

The new consoles are now on the same architecture as PC, so development can start on PC and trickle down to PS4 and XONE respectively.

It's cross-gen games that really are holding us back here.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Looks slightly downgraded but fantastic still, the only thing putting me of is this multiplayer aspect because online games don't play like that....people don't play like that, everyone is a 5 year old Rambo listening to shit music and generally ruins games.

Ok maybe i'm totally used to next gen graphics already.. But last year The Division was a "is this real life, real time cgi omg".

That demo looked like any shooter currently.. Light, texture, models.. I'm looking forward the comparison with last year's footage but that was absolutely not impressive to me..

I think their choice of lighting does the game a ton of favors, it's not the most impressive thing I've ever seen but it looks good to me and the cooler lighting has a lot to do with that.

Ensirius

My thoughts exactly.
I'm getting so tired of this amazing graphic tease not anywhere near what finally goes in stores.

Top Bottom