• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division gameplay video (HQ)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
They were yes. Watch the bit where the bear is running at the camera. In all fairness, i don't think the weak hardware of either consoles could afford the processing power for the cloth and fur physics. Just another perk of PC gaming i guess.

Nope. The griffin and several other big creatures are not using the fur tech in the PC version.

We have yet to see a wolf, bear, or anything else on console versions, so we dont know if CDPR is using anything for fur on consoles or if they will look last gen.

Nope. The griffin and several other big creatures are not using the fur tech in the PC version.

We have yet to see a wolf, bear, or anything else on console versions, so we dont know if CDPR is using anything for fur on consoles or if they will look last gen.

I think we can take it that they're not. And what reason do you have to think that some creatures with fur won't use fur tech?

tatsuki

div4.gif

Relly

Banned
Looks legit.. I'm getting this as soon as I can

On another note.. Why hasn't Ubisoft learned to have dead characters who are either shot ( watch dogs, far cry series and this just for example) or stabbed (ac series) to leave any traces of blood. IMO, blood pools and realistic bleeding is just as important as shadows.

Why is mgs 2 the last game I remember where wounding someone actually wounded them.. (Shoot their left leg, they limp how they're supposed to) unlike shooting them in the leg once, and they are still able to maneuver at full speed.. Shoot that same leg again, they instantly die.

Max payne 3 did am awesome job at gore.. I know last gen was limited by hardware in doing something like that in most games, especially open world games.. But now in current gen, either unrealistic looking blood pools or the lack there of is a shame.

Hope I don't sound like a murderous sicko, but if you're going to emphasize on door closing in two separate demos, you should at least add some blood to an otherwise extremely detailed video game.

I know this doesn't come down to avoiding an M rating (ac and WD are M)

Anyway, thanks for the links OP. I'm still getting this game, as I've been looking forward to it since the first reveal. Being a New Yorker and seeing how geographically correct it is from what gameplay is available to watch, I'm impressed.

That snow drop engine is magnificent

DieH@rd

Banned
Game looked great, but aliasing was horrrrrrendous. They should also consider stoping adding fake voicechat in their promo videos.

Just remember to take what you see here, lower the resolution, remove some effects and drop some frames. Then you'll have your Ubi launch version. :)

Dunno about you but to me, that looked like it was running on xbox one at OR BELOW 720p with no antialiasing. It was believable to me... and by that, I mean it looked pretty bad.

I'm looking forward to seeing updated gameplay on PS4\PC.

The game itself still doesn't excite me, but if the visuals are right, it can pull me in. I'm a sucker for that sorta thing.

Badgerst3

Are the other players coop or npc's.?

She can stfu a few times though. Kinda annoying but game looks great.

Can I solo this game?

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
This looks like it could be absolutely INCREDIBLE. Emphasis on COULD BE.

If Ubisoft wants to have any chance of this being really good, they need to design the missions around choice. If the goal is almost always behind a mandatory firefight then my interest drops instantly.

I want to have meaningful objectives that are better achieved by playing smart and quiet. It would be a shame for such a detailed world to be just a backdrop for formulaic shootout gameplay.

Combat should be the result of error in using the rich and interactive environment to your advantage. The less scripted and obvious this game's mechanics are, the more genuine the spontaneity of combat will be.

Please be good. This has so much potential. My most anticipated game after TPP, Rime and No Man's Sky.

MEsoJD

Banned
After Watchdogs, I'll keep my expectations extremely low. Plus, while it looked beautiful, it seemed boring.

Trigger

If Ubisoft wants to have any chance of this being really good, they need to design the missions around choice. If the goal is almost always behind a mandatory firefight then my interest drops instantly.

I want to have meaningful objectives that are better achieved by playing smart and quiet. It would be a shame for such a detailed world to be just a backdrop for formulaic shootout gameplay.

Combat should be the result of error in using the rich and interactive environment to your advantage. The less scripted and obvious this game's mechanics are, the more genuine the spontaneity of combat will be.

Please be good. This has so much potential. My most anticipated game after TPP, Rime and No Man's Sky.

Couldn't agree more.

BigTnaples

I think we can take it that they're not. And what reason do you have to think that some creatures with fur won't use fur tech?

Because in the PC footage there are multiple creatures that don't use it.

It seems only creatures with short/medium length fur use the tech. Like wolves, bears, fur coats, etc.

Humans, Griffins, larger creatures, horses, all do not use it, even on PC.

Flintty

I wasn't too fussed about this game. I knew it potentially looked great but I wasn't gonna get hyped on a pretty tech demo. Now I've seen it, I'm well up for it. Love the concept and I actually really liked the NPC chatter. Very excited about this now :D

I wasn't too fussed about this game. I knew it potentially looked great but I wasn't gonna get hyped on a pretty tech demo. Now I've seen it, I'm well up for it. Love the concept and I actually really liked the NPC chatter. Very excited about this now :D

Yes, the concept. But I'll save my hype for real gameplay on specific hardware.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Getting Freedom Fighters vibe. Day 1.

Oooooh yes.

Also, I get a feeling that your appearance won't be decided by an automatic dystopian future fashion generator. That your perks and they things you equip actually shape a lot of your general appearance.

The most exciting thing about cameras like the Kinect and the PS Eye is that they can scan in 3D, thus giving developers the ability to approximate player facial features. Would be really cool to see my likeness in a game like this. :p

Xiaoki

Are you sure you know what this game is?

This isnt a single player game where it doesnt matter if you sneak past enemies or kill everything in sight just as long as you got to the next story objective.

This is a co-op multiplayer online game where the objective is to kill so you can level up so you can kill more.

Sorry, if you feel that is a "shame" but that is what this game is.

That actually looked good. I can't wait til this is availible.

I wonder if the the 5th person with the tablet will be promoted.

Mines and traps obviously, not talking about the steps. I have heard "Watch your step" countless times in any coop game with traps, mines, sensors, etc.

Sure, but in the context of the video, that did not seem like it was the case :) It, of course, had to be scripted "gameplay" with fake 'team talk' and I know I'm nitpicking... It just really bugs me because the actual game itself looks really neat.

What exactly is eyeroll worthy about that?

I thought it was pretty awesome and can't wait to see what other "event" holograms you can find throughout the world.

Whatever serious reflection they intended to evoke with that scene is terribly undercut by the gaminess of the XP popup. "Look upon the ravages wrought by this disaster and LEVEL UP!"

Faith

The amount of details in this game is craaaazy.

The game isn't out yet.... Also it may have just been the video, but the aliasing definitely looks more noticeable this time around.
It was the Xbox One version, what did you expect? That it looks like a PC game?

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Only I think that there is NFW that this game will be released at this state in terms of graphical quality in 2015?

BigTnaples

The game isn't out yet.... Also it may have just been the video, but the aliasing definitely looks more noticeable this time around.

Indeed, but as I said before that will vary from platform to platform.

I expect more aliasing, lower resolution on XBO, Higher resolution better AA on PS4, and sky is obviously the limit on PC.

Don't really consider that a downgrade.

All of the physics, lighting, volumetric effects, bokeh, holograms, etc were all present in this demo as well as the announcement. No downgrade..

jond76

Banned
Looks great. I loved when he was hiding behind the bus stop (where he deployed the strobe drone) you could see the bullet impacts on the sheet metal.

BiGBoSSMk23

Are you sure you know what this game is?

This isnt a single player game where it doesnt matter if you sneak past enemies or kill everything in sight just as long as you got to the next story objective.

This is a co-op multiplayer online game where the objective is to kill so you can level up so you can kill more.

Sorry, if you feel that is a "shame" but that is what this game is.

That pretty much means the story is just an afterthought to gameplay, in which case they wasted their time with that reveal trailer explaining how the world ended up the way it did.

IMO, the reason MMO games like WoW get players to max out their character's level is because of a very strong lore and the interest to see a central quest to the end.

If you are indeed better informed than me and this game is in fact as you claim, then it's a huge waste, and not next-gen at all, in my book.

Genio88

The amount of details in this game is craaaazy.

It was the Xbox One version, what did you expect? That it looks like a PC game?
Do you really think all those demo were played on Xbox One? In my opinion that was the PC version played with a One controller, and the same thing is gonna happen in the Sony conference.

Top Bottom