• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division gameplay video (HQ)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Looks fantastic.

There is no downgrade at all. Aside from maybe resolution and or AA. And that will vary from XBO, to PS4, to PC, obviously.

Demon Ice

Banned
Yeah after Watch Dogs I'm taking this video and the AC Unity video with a colossal grain of salt. Day one on PS4 or PC if the game actually looks like that but I highly doubt it will.

I'm looking forward to seeing the game develop and I'm psyched overall... but damn, the "team banter" that they script is year-on-year awful.

"Watch your step."

Are you kidding me? In what world do you tell a human ally to watch their step when going up a flight of in-game stairs. Is there a danger of tripping? I'm pretty sure my character will navigate the terrain just fine.

Still hyped, obvs, I just hate that shit :)

Maybe they're making it the most realistic Tom Clancy game to date.

"Realtime dynamic stair tripping!"

mcz117chief

HA !

Told you !

Massive are excellent developers, no downgrade at all, actually it looked a bit better in my eyes :)

Massive has never ever EVER failed me and I am damn sure it won't start now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ok maybe i'm totally used to next gen graphics already.. But last year The Division was a "is this real life, real time cgi omg".

That demo looked like any shooter currently.. Light, texture, models.. I'm looking forward the comparison with last year's footage but that was absolutely not impressive to me..

I'm more interested in how games move than their resolution or whatever other shit gaf argues about all the time.

The game looked pretty good. Not my kind of thing, but it looked pretty decent.

That said, the demo of the game was the most groan inducing part of Microsoft's show. (Which of course is not the fault of the game itself.) Just the way the people playing were bantering back and forth. No one talks like that.

But again, that's just a criticism of the way the game was presented at the show, not the game itself.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Have to remember people that this is being developed purely for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, so while the graphics might not be at the exact level, they won't be changing too drastically we hope.

But hey, who knows with games development.

Can someone make a GIF of that segment where the guy gets 2000 xp for witnessing that poignant, ghostly tableau of the family being separated?

Video games.

BigTnaples

I'm looking forward to seeing the game develop and I'm psyched overall... but damn, the "team banter" that they script is year-on-year awful.

"Watch your step."

Are you kidding me? In what world do you tell a human ally to watch their step when going up a flight of in-game stairs. Is there a danger of tripping? I'm pretty sure my character will navigate the terrain just fine.

Still hyped, obvs, I just hate that shit :)

Mines and traps obviously, not talking about the steps. I have heard "Watch your step" countless times in any coop game with traps, mines, sensors, etc.

tatsuki

div2.gif

They just had to go and show a car door getting shut again.

Fbh

Looks fun but I still don't see what is so spectacular about this game.

Everyone craps on The order 1886 for being a generic cover shooter that stands out for having nice graphics.

And, IMO, this demo does also look like a generic cover shooter that stands out for having nice graphics. It even has your generic armored bullet sponge enemy at the end

Is this supposed to be gameplay on an Xbox? On an XBox spec'ed PC? Super PC?

Be nice to know this from the get go.

Probably a Xbox 1. Based on the big ammount of jaggies that would probably not be there if it was running on a gaming PC

Dr Dogg

I want to know why yet again the three people who were talking over the gameplay weren't on stage. If that didn't set alarm bells ringing at last years E3 then the fact the same thing has happened again and no one is picking up on it is quite worrying.

Probably PC footage. Call me when they show console footage and then I'll be impressed.

Watch the Witcher 3 gameplay, that was on Xbox. You can tell because there are no fur physics on the Griffon, which is a PC only feature. This means that the final product will look much better on PC!

I'll believe it when they bring his teammates on stage. That guy and girl were blabbering through the entire demo but they were nowhere to be seen on the stage. Show me that guy and that girl along with the guy playing the demo on stage and I'll believe. Until then...nope.

BigTnaples

Watch the Witcher 3 gameplay, that was on Xbox. You can tell because there are no fur physics on the Griffon, which is a PC only feature. This means that the final product will look much better on PC!

Were there fur physics on the griffin in the trailer from last week?

Disappointing if the PS4 version wont get next gen wolf, bear, creature fur.

Edit: Nope. PC version of the griffin does not have the fur tech either, just the bear.

The people playing the game are really annoying. And does anyone else think it is a little corny how that guy flies in on the tablet? Lol.

Were there fur physics on the griffin in the trailer from last week?

Disappointing if the PS4 version wont get next gen wolf, bear, creature fur.

They were yes. Watch the bit where the bear is running at the camera. In all fairness, i don't think the weak hardware of either consoles could afford the processing power for the cloth and fur physics. Just another perk of PC gaming i guess.

geordiemp

Yeah I though witcher looked bloody awful (even given 720p Twitch stream)...so much hype died in minutes...

orioto

Good Art™
untitled-205zhu8w.gif

I looked at it again and actually that's me being used to that level of graphics now. I don't think the difference is that much.

Sylfurd

As always, since the pres of Tom Clancy Ghost Recon @ E3 on 360 I think, "Gameplay" videos from Ubi are meticulously prepared and choregraphed.

In "real" gameplay, you don't look at the good place, you don't hide where the script wants you to, you're stuck in a barrel and 100 feets in front of your team mates ...

That's exactly what I've seen in AC Unity & The Division.

Sure it looks good like that, but it won't when you'll see real gameplay.

I don't know why... but I just can't get excited for this game. It just looks plain and boring! The graphics are amazing but I don't see any interesting gameplay.

Top Bottom