• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division gameplay video (HQ)

div4.gif

The whole aim movement looked so fake to me. Like it was a manufactured demo rather than someone actually playing.

Edit: That was probably done for presentation purposes so they could demonstrate all the nice stuff they have going on like the paint splatters or braking glasses... But It doesn't give me much confidence.

It looks incredible, though. It feels like we are finally at a point where we can have the same fidelity and density of PSX era pre rendered backgrounds in real time.

alterno69

Banned
So much pointless chatter between tha characters, fucking awful. Other than that it looks awesome, i just hope it's more TLOU and less COD.

jaosobno

- game still looks awesome, hopefully it was running on actual console (since it was at Microsoft's E3).

- enemy models have ZERO reaction to being hit by bullets (no flinching). It's like SMGs are firing candy at them rather than actual bullets. Also, what's up with that weird blood?

- so much unnecessary drama in voice chat, sounded pathetic

- is this game even solo playable? Although I have 46 people on my PSN friends list, I still prefer to play alone since gathering several people at once to play any game is tiresome task

Ashadian

Banned
- game still looks awesome, hopefully it was running on actual console (since it was at Microsoft's E3).

- enemy models have ZERO reaction to being hit by bullets (no flinching). It's like SMGs are firing candy at them rather than actual bullets. Also, what's up with that weird blood?

- so much unnecessary drama in voice chat, sounded pathetic

- is this game even solo playable? Although I have 46 people on my PSN friends list, I still prefer to play alone since gathering several people at once to play any game is tiresome task

You got to be dreaming or need to go to specsavers if you think that was running on either console!

HelloMeow

Yeah except it was running in a top spec PC! No way any of the consoles can provide that fidelity!

I hope not. Some effects seemed limited and there was a lot of aliasing going on. Texture filtering would be better too if this footage came from a high end PC.

TrueGrime

Graphics might not be up to par on release but I'm confident the cover and move system will work. Watch Dogs has a decent cover, movement, and free run system. Especially for an open world game.

Ashadian

Banned
Lol 100% sure. Look at the aliasing and the low resolution (probably 720p). It's obvious that it can't be the PC version.

In what world do you live that you think they demonstrated the console versions at the press conferences????
These were top spec PC with dual GPU's

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
The game still looks fun as hell.. deep and detailed and extremely pretty. If their world system works like they say it could be pretty huge.

But why... fucking WHY do devs insist on these terrible.. terrrrrrrrible fuckin scripted shitty encounters/team chat sessions on new gameplay vids? And if you're going to obviously do it in such a canned fashion why would you have your players SUCK AT THE GAME
"Somebody do something!!" says the girl on the team. Of course. fuckin shameful.

Day1.

Ubisoft are just masters of animations. Gadgets look cool, love that detailed destruction especially on the car at the end with the bullet holes. Have they said this was shown on high end PC and what the lead platform is, to guess that PC version might get downgraded too?

Not a fan of these shooter RPGs where a headshot isn't an instant kill, but more of a critical hit (orange numbers). Look at that last dude before the heavy, run away from a headshot. Gives it a whiff of bullet sponge. Also, just weird seeing numbers flying off in such a photorealistic aesthetic.
the_division_headshot_by_digi_matrix-d7m0797.gif

Hit markers seem off, getting damage far away from body and doesn't seem like shots from the right side by allies.
iiqJSSpGLjDqd.jpg

Some delay in the hit reactions overall like still letting the previous animations end? Maybe signs this is another vertical slice like Rainbow Six Siege? Unless if people have had actual hands-on with these games.

The 45 minute "ask the developer" panel answered a lot of the questions being asked here

http://www.twitch.tv/ubisoft/b/537368987
That was really helpful, but it still feels they are not that quite far in development.
Not a fan of these shooter RPGs where a headshot isn't an instant kill, but more of a critical hit (orange numbers).[/IMG]

Some delay in the hit reactions overall like still letting the previous animations end? Maybe signs this is another vertical slice like Rainbow Six Siege? Unless if people have had actual hands-on with these games.
Totally agree, I don't mind them going for an RPG feel, but come on, the shooting should have been normal, a headshot is a kill, there shouldn't be any other way around it.
and I hope we can turn off those flying numbers, don't like em either.

Donos

That was really helpful, but it still feels they are not that quite far in development.

Totally agree, I don't mind them going for an RPG feel, but come on, the shooting should have been normal, a headshot is a kill, there shouldn't be any other way around it.
and I hope we can turn off those flying numbers, don't like em either.

Only beliveable scenario where headshot is not an instant kill is when they have heavy helmets (UC and other games did this).

DieH@rd

Banned
Jeff Cannata talked in latest DLC podcast episode about the demo of Division he saw at E3. Devs played the same area that was shown on MS conference twice. Once during day, and once during night.

Wow, that CG trailer is wonderfully done - great concept and so much detail in the time lapse.

I also like the concept of bringing a failed state/anarchy setting to the US without zombies or other supernatural diversions.

Ubisoft gets a lot flak, some deserved, some hyperbole. But damn if they're not trying to do interesting things within the confines of their AAA franchises.

Only beliveable scenario where headshot is not an instant kill is when they have heavy helmets (UC and other games did this).
I wouldn't really mind that, I got used to it in other games, and I can live with it, but I hate to shoot someone not wearing a helmet in the face and not have him die.
Jeff Cannata talked in latest DLC podcast episode about the demo of Division he saw at E3. Devs played the same area that was shown on MS conference twice. Once during day, and once during night.
I heard at Gametrailer interview the dev says there is a 2nd demo to those who attend The Division booth were people will get to see 'The Cleaners' faction in action, was that it or something else ?!

Philippo

Games is stunning, even if we'll get 50% of those graphics it'll still be glorious.

But i still haven't understood a thing, is it a proper MMO? Or more like Destiny, with your own game world and a bunch of other players dropping in casually (i guess the second)?

Can't wait, man is 2015 going to be spectacular.

Top Bottom