• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U] for 2015

dmr87

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vR8EHatIIE

TVO.png

UVO.png

VVO.png

Bunch of screenshots from the Nintendo Press Kit:

c0G89RB.jpg

W3udxCE.jpg

t5iVGUf.jpg

Gz5XaeD.jpg

FDTGwoE.jpg

HUBqQIV.jpg

ryznMaA.jpg

2CooiGY.jpg

rbiNCFW.jpg

2BphF9P.jpg

Album of uncompressed PNGs

Empty

the yarn balls trailing behind like yoshi's island eggs was amazing

gonna prepare for the release date by knitting my own yoshi

Mike Golf

Getting bad vibes of Yoshi's Story from this. Hated that game and hope this isn't going to be the same. Still working through YNI which is turning out to be ok, but nowhere near as good as the original.

EDIT

So watched the trailer, I take back my comment, it actually looks fun and challenging. Made that comment only looking at the OP's pics, couldn't watch the vid till I got off of work. Like many others have said though, PLEASE no music like NYI.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yoshi's New Island was an adequate homage but this is the real sequel to YI.

Looks amazing.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
"Yoshi's Yarn" would have been a fun title (wordplay on Story), but too close to yawn I guess.

The use of Yarn for Story is a bit archaic too, so maybe people wouldn't have gotten the reference.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Breathtaking visuals. So charming, god damn how did they fuck up the last Yoshi's Island so bad yet this looks so incredible.

LoveCake

Looks nice, but it's another platform game on the WiiU, i want something other than platform games to play on my WiiU :(

Vaiim

Love the graphical style. Really hoping this is a worthy successor to Yoshi's Island after the underwhelming last game :(

-PXG-

Looks so cute. Love it. Great art. I don't care if it's too easy. I just hope they really deliver on the promise of exploration.

Hell, a Metroidvania styled Yoshi game would be cool.

Top Bottom