• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U] for 2015

I've never been big into Nintendo games but this looks pretty great. I'd consider picking up a Wii U for this game. Also, I want one of those Yoshi plushies they were playing around with.

Love the graphical style. Really hoping this is a worthy successor to Yoshi's Island after the underwhelming last game :(
You mean worthy successor to Yoshi's Story.

This game looks the BEE'S KNEES, people. I was really worried it had been cancelled, so glad it hasn't. Shame we've got to wait until next year for it though.

I'm kinda ambivalent towards Yoshi's Island these days but I did enjoy Epic Yarn as a laidback platformer, actually I found it to be akin to a Yoshi game itself what with the lassoing being slightly similar to how Yoshi's tongue could be used, enemies made into projectiles, transformations and a focus on collecting things.
The key here for me is that Kirby managed to make collecting tons of trinkets more enjoyable by having everything count and more open criteria for the top rank (in this case gold medals to YI 100/100 score) so it's not like missing 1 red coin made things feel like a failed run.
So with that in mind I'm thinking this could end up my favourite Yoshi game if things go well.

Also Epic Yarn's soundtrack was pleasingly pleasant, here's hoping for more of that and a YI Athletic/Obstacle Course remix.

Madao

Assuming Good Feel is still working with Tomoya Tomita, the music will be incredible.

i'd love to be wrong since it's been so long since SNES YI and i really want to see a pretty good Yoshi game again (YIDS was decent but the music was really bad in it)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
The feel and gameplay, even level design, in Kirby's Epic Yarn are superb IMO. Good Feel's Wario game was great too. Good Feel = good shit.

The only issue with Kirby is it was tuned to be easy even by Kirby standards.

People should not judge this game in any way shape or form by the developers involved with YI:DS and YNI.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Looks so much better than the 3DS game.

And much better than if it were just yarn outlines.

Looks awesome. Hopefully it's fleshed out and not just a quickie like Yoshi's Story was. (Though I loved that game. Especially the music.)

As long a the game isn't mind numbingly easy like Kirby's Epic Yarn I'm in. Such a beautiful game ruined because is was such devoid of any challenge.

The people saying this will have shit music... this game has nothing to do with Yoshi's New Island and it's made by completely different people. This is more of a sequel to Kirby's Epic Yarn and that game had an amazing soundtrack.

Grinchy

Banned
I love the look and I'm sure I'll play it, but it looks quite a bit like a NSMB re-skin. Not that that's a horrible thing, it just seems to have so many similarities in the way it plays.

bumpkin

My only hope for this game is an actual soundtrack. By the end of Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, I just wanted an option to mute the music. Hearing the same exact track over and over for 60+ courses was too much.

LocalE

Visually, this game looks just awesome. I really really like the look they have achieved here.
Can't wait to play it!

Garcia

The thing here is, this is most likely going to be a completely different story to Kirby's Epic Yawn. The mechanics were thought from the ground up to fit they style of a Yoshi's Island game. Another point to mention: I've come to terms with the fact that we won't see another game that comes close to the level of polish of the very first YI, probably ever again.

That being said, this game looks beautiful, and since I won't be judging it as a sequel or prequel to the original SNES installment, I'll just focus on the fun factor it delivers.

nikos

As I read the live blog from work, I thought "lol" but this is actually really adorable and looks fun. Will probably get it on day one.

SmokeMaxX

The thing here is, this is most likely going to be a completely different story to Kirby's Epic Yawn. The mechanics were thought from the ground up to fit they style of a Yoshi's Island game. Another point to mention: I've come to terms with the fact that we won't see another game that comes close to the level of polish of the very first YI, probably ever again.

That being said, this game looks beautiful, and since I won't be judging it as a sequel or prequel to the original SNES installment, I'll just focus on the fun factor it delivers.

I'm gonna hold out hope that you're wrong.

Garcia

I'm gonna hold out hope that you're wrong.

I also hope to be proven wrong down the road. I will be one of the first guys jumping out of joy if there's a game that surpases the first one. I'll stop waiting for that to happen and maybe, sometime, the true YI killer will see the light of day.

hwy_61

Banned
I could never play yoshi's island because of that art style. I was just never a fan of it. This game however looks amazing. I will gladly buy this day one.

Game looked great(was very cute :p). I loveeeeed the developer story with it in the yarn store. Always Nintendo. Nobody else seems to take the time to go behind the concept of a game quite the way they do...

Davey Cakes

This basically looked like Yoshi's Island meets Kirby's Epic Yarn. It's a gorgeous and adorable game that puts the focus on relaxed, exploration-based platforming.

Can't say there's anything wrong with that. Epic Yarn was really fun if you understood the kind of game it was. Not a challenging platformer, just a cute, enjoyable experience.

Also, having the developers talk about it was the best way to present. Really seemed like a passion project.

CrisKre

Played this today and I'm going to predict it is (Finally!) A return to form for yoshi.

It's breathtakingly beautiful and plays phenomenal.

I didn't expect to like this. Haven't really liked a Yoshi game since the original Yoshi's Island, so when screenshots appeared of this game last year, I was already writing it off. The direct got me back on board though. The game oozes with style and seems a lot more relaxed in nature than most Yoshi games thanks to the lack of babbis. The comparison is obvious, but I can't help but think of Epic Yarn, which I really enjoyed.

Davey Cakes

after YNI, it's hard to get hyped for this. the odds of it having shit music are too high.
You should be basing your expectations on Kirby's Epic Yarn's soundtrack, not Yoshi's New Island.

Epic Yarn had a fantastic and fitting soundtrack. I'm sure Woolly World will have something similar.

Good Feel has a good track record.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Looks amazing. Hope it turns out a great game!

Top Bottom