• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo announces Yoshi's Woolly World [Wii U] for 2015

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
"Yoshi's Yarn" would have been a fun title (wordplay on Story), but too close to yawn I guess.

The use of Yarn for Story is a bit archaic too, so maybe people wouldn't have gotten the reference.

For whatever reason they seem to not want to admit that they did this with Kirby already. Kirby's Epic Yarn already did what you suggested.

Nice of them to finally remember this bloody game, though it sucks that it's 2015. Kind of hard to get hype for it when it got announced so early.

KemoSabe

Not another fabrics yoshi.
I hated other ones including that abominable yarn kirby...

Just make the style like the one on SNES...

traveler

Not Wario
Looks beautiful, but Yoshi, Feel Good, and Epic Yarn have all been incredibly kid oriented. It'd be nice to get a real successor to Yoshi's Island, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Griss

So... one of my favourite games of all time in Yoshi's Island (SNES) meets another of my favourite games Kirby's Epic Yarn (Wii) and it's developed by the people who made the latter. Then the trailer proceeds to deliver on all counts.

I don't even need to play it to give it 10/10. It can't be anything else. GOTY 2015, here we come.

Jeels

Looks way better than the initial reveal.

I too am concerbed about too many platformers. This isnt going to expand the base.

The only thing I don't get is why he's collecting gems from the Kirby Epic Yarn instead of delicious fruits.

Looks beautiful, but Yoshi, Feel Good, and Epic Yarn have all been incredibly kid oriented. It'd be nice to get a real successor to Yoshi's Island, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Epic Yarn had some pretty difficult optional challenges believe it or not and GoodFeel's work on Wario Land Shake It shows they can do masterful level design. I have way more faith in this than the Yoshi's New Island on 3DS, that's for sure.

traveler

Not Wario
Yoshi's Island isn't kid oriented now?

I meant actually targeting younger, lesser skilled players. I think the majority of Nintendo's games are for actual gamers while most of the darker themed stuff from other devs is so mechanically shallow it shouldn't appeal to adult gamers- I don't give a shit about aesthetic in that regard. But I think that things like Epic Yarn are explicitly for new gamers, in how ridiculously simple and easy they are.

Yoshi's Island was a legitimately challenging platformer for its time.

solarus

This was the best game shown from Nintendo (not enough of the new zelda shown) looks amaaazing. Will wash away the taste of the meh artoon games.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
This game looks soooo cute. Art style is fantastic. I'm hoping the gameplay is a bit more challenging than other Good Feel titles.

tolkir

agsad0d22.jpg

NFC figure?

I wonder if this will be like the Wind Waker art style they use every once in a while to shake things up. That's what it reminds me of, anyway.

Love the art style. More Epic Yarn-like visuals are a good thing.

I was pretty much smiling the entire time this was on stream. Looks absolutely incredible to me (especially since I really liked Kirby's Epic Yarn and this looks like a fusion of that with Yoshi's Island, which looks like it works excellently). Can't wait~ :D

Diiig the art style, but this franchise has taught me to be skeptical about music and level design now :\

I'm worried about it being a bit of a baby game. I do enjoy challenge, and making it crushingly difficult to collect every last thing and finish the level perfectly, a la New Yoshi's Island, while simply playing the entire game is a piece of cake is not good difficulty design.

My girlfriend is a Yoshi fanatic though, so we'll get it regardless. I love that art anyway, and the two player mode sells it.

Oh, it's by Good-Feel.

Purchase. Loved Kirby, even if it was "too easy", but it was a nice, relaxing game that I found extremely fun and amazing.

Then you're putting Yoshi's Island basically on top of it?

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
For whatever reason they seem to not want to admit that they did this with Kirby already. Kirby's Epic Yarn already did what you suggested.

Oh, oops, I didn't catch that game. I can see how they would want to avoid using "yarn" again.

I loved this in the DE. I can't wait. The original footage we saw was clearly super early prototypes and concepts. Not even in the same league as this in retrospect.

CD'S BAR

looks kinda cool visually, but man can't they find someone who can at least try to imitate kondo's yoshi island score for these games?

Top Bottom