• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) : official website opens [Up: more screenshots]

L~A

Official website just opened: clickey here!

logo.png

nRB0Sp6.jpg
ae9gTv9.jpg
GPl6yBG.jpg

fVHXVN7.jpg
xmnVf0e.jpg
W6rXAIs.jpg

ZCxTsmi.jpg
TcwHAup.jpg
kDzah9G.jpg

LmNPekS.jpg
AHhepba.jpg

Pictures of the first four classes, Ifrit, and the homebase.

There's a bunch of screenshots and artworks, also found on 4Gamer.net :

More pics, but nothing really new:

Reminder: it's an action-RPG for the 3DS, a take on the monster hunting genre with Jobs from the FF series.

Looks interesting from what little I've seen of it so far, and hey it's on something that isn't phones for once so it may actually be worth looking into. Now the question is will it actually come out here?

Looks cute and like something I could enjoy. The only thing that makes me a bit hesitant is that it's a Square Enix action game. Not really something they have the best history in, in my experience. I'll keep it on my radar either way.

Oregano

Any mention of character designer? Looks very close to Itahana's style and the white mage is basically Shirma/Shiroma.

Anyway day 1 if/when it releases here.

Reveirg

Looking forward to seeing more. A Final Fantasy spin-off on 3DS is pretty much an automatic buy for me. I do hope it has a robust single player campaign though.

Do we know who's the composer yet?

L~A

Oops, totally forgot to mention the platform in the title + OP. Thanks to the mod who fixed that (I presume it was you, Duckroll)!

ss-hikaru

Wow it looks adorable, I hope there are heaps more classes/jobs to come though.

Can't interest my lil bro in MonHan at all, but I think this might be more his thing!

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
At first I was like "Eh, looks too much like FF III." but a Final Fantasy take on Monster Hunter playing as a Monk? Now this will be interesting to see.

Action RPG? Summons confirmed? Hm, I wrote this off when it was announced but they may just have a sale. Cautiously interested, will wait to see more.

It looks like Crystal Chronicles, which is good. I have been yarning for a sequel ever since Echoes of Time (and no, Crystal Bearers doesn't count, even though it is a decent game).

Reveirg

Music sample doesn't sound anything like the usual suspects (Mizuta, Uematsu, Tanioka, Hamauzu, Suzuki, etc.)

Maybe Takeharu Ishimoto? Kinda sounds a bit like some of Type-0's themes. Or it could be Sekito.

Yakkue

So, up to 4 player multiplayer sounds interesting, but I'm glad they specified that the single player experience is also a focus. Definitely interested in buying it! I wonder what other jobs are going to be available.

L~A

Yeah, that could simply mean downloadable items via SpotPass, unfortunately. Really hope there's online co-op though, could make a nice addition to the game, especially if SE is planning a Western release at some point.

Top Bottom