• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) : official website opens [Up: more screenshots]

PensOwl

Banned
I'm guessing the job classes are akin to different weapons in MonHun, but with more stats and abilities locked behind it. Sounds promising, hopefully it's well fleshed out despite being the first entry.

Kandinsky

Damn, my beloved FFCC is back with a kinda sorta MH twist, it sounds perfect for me, day -1 if it comes over, most wanted game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I thought 4 Heroes of Light was a terrible game for FF fans on the DS. I sure hope this turns out better. I wish they made the characters look better. The 90's/early 00 might seem dated for some, but they had way better character models. I don't know if it's because it's a portable or what. I was never a big fan of FFCC, so I don't know what to say.

Sounds like they're too lazy to come up with a story, dialogues, puzzles, and world building so they're just focusing on a battle system.

I'm pretty sure we get most, if not all, Final Fantasy titles localized sooner or later. The only big exception was Type 0, and that's coming over.

MilesTeg

Banned
I hope I'm not the only one who can't get excited about another FF game with the standard classes. It's just so played out especially on handheld.

After the success of Bravely Default, this should be a no brainer for localisation... right? (Even if Nintendo has to do it, the 3ds lineup has become unbelievably barren all of a sudden anyway)

Katsuragi

I'm not particularly interested in Monster Hunter type games, but this one sounds kind of cool (mainly due to the Final Fantasy setting and the different jobs).

zroid

Banned
It says the game is set for release, and it's a ARPG where up to 4 players can play online through WiFi. Also mentions Adhoc/local wireless. So local play and online play are supported.

the hype is real

edit: the reply to that tweet :lol
gkOAlna.png

Shojx

I like the idea behind it, looks like it'll be fun.

I hope the gameplay is closer to Phantasy Star Portable rather than Monster Hunter though, since my experience with Monster Hunter was that it felt really, really clunky and slow. It wasn't for me.
I loved the heck out of Phantasy Star Portable though.

Kouriozan

I'm sold but bring it to EU/US, knowing Square-Enix we will have to beg Nintendo >.<
More RPGish than MH is what interest me.

Zornica

Banned
I like the idea behind it, looks like it'll be fun.

I hope the gameplay is closer to Phantasy Star Portable rather than Monster Hunter though, since my experience with Monster Hunter was that it felt really, really clunky and slow. It wasn't for me.
I loved the heck out of Phantasy Star Portable though.

you should try monster hunter 4. It also heavily depends on which weapon you pick

Volcano (?) map render:

443Nd1E.jpg

The Monster Hunter in me I now set free.

Looks like a straight Tri volcano rip off.

Koppai

After the success of Bravely Default, this should be a no brainer for localisation... right? (Even if Nintendo has to do it, the 3ds lineup has become unbelievably barren all of a sudden anyway)
It's sad because 3DS has only been out 3 years and already released like every major series for it except Metroid and a new entry in Star Fox.

I really hope Nintendo and niche publishers step up and bring more 3DS games westward.

From what I can tell in the pipeline

Pokemon ORAS
Fossil Fighters
Pokemon Art Academy
Layton vs Wright
Fantasy Life
STEAM

Is all Nintendo has planned for release And I think 2 of those are 2015 I think.

Top Bottom