• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever quit on a show after one of its season finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Season 2 of Walking Dead. I still couldn't bring myself to actually enjoy it after all that time, so I stopped trying to make it happen.

The Walking Dead
True Blood
Heroes

Not sure if I'll continue watching GoT after this last season finale. Getting tired of the "zomg shocking" moments and a few of the major character,
Daenerys, Bran, and Jon Snow
among others. Might end up just reading the books.

Edit: That said, I did stick with Dexter to the bitter end, and GoT is nowhere near as bad (it's mostly the disappointment talking), so I might just continue watching it. We'll see.

Amir0x

Banned
No, once I'm in...I'm in.

Quitters never win.

i can assure you anybody who quit Dexter before the final season "won"

ridley182 said:
Not sure if I'll continue watching GoT after this last season finale. Getting tired of the "zomg shocking" moments and a few of the major character,
Daenerys, Bran, and Jon Snow
among others. Might end up just reading the books.

Spoiler Alert:
everyone still dies anyway in the books. and it's not about zomg shocking so much as it is a logical expression of what a society like this would act like. Real history has even more horrific backstabbing shit going on. Seriously, read up on War of the Roses.

Varna

Stopped watching House after season 5. I eventually did intent to pick it up again but I hear they really run that show into the ground.

True Detective. Only because I consider the entire eight episodes of the first season damned near flawless. I'll leave the series on its insanely high note.

Amir0x

Banned
True Detective. Only because I consider the entire eight episodes of the first season damned near flawless. I'll leave the series on its insanely high note.

But season 2 of True Detective is like a completely new show anyway. None of the same characters, none of the same story, none of the same locations. It's like taking a chance on a new show anyway, except some of the writing talent has crossed over and you liked the writing, right? :p

But season 2 of True Detective is like a completely new show anyway. None of the same characters, none of the same story, none of the same locations. It's like taking a chance on a new show anyway, except some of the writing talent has crossed over and you liked the writing, right? :p

I know, I know.

Maybe... maybe I'll give it a shot.

Walking Dead.

mlkRU0M.gif

Sorry Rick.

Yeah I quit on Dexter before the final season

The show had been treading between occasionally good to flat out terrible for a few seasons. Seems I made the right call quitting when I did

J10

Banned
I couldn't be bothered to watch True Blood after the first season. Not sure why though, because I enjoyed it. I feel like I should catch up on it because I've heard they've upped the weirdness a lot since then.

katkombat

Banned
If Dexter had another season after 8, I surely would have been done after that one. (I know, its a series finale, but this is hypothetical)

Ultimadrago

Dexter - Season 6 finale. It went something like that anyways. In any case, quit after that. It's a shame it took me so long to drop because the show was shit a long, long, long ways from that episode and season.

Weeds - 7th season finale. Another shame in taking so much time to drop this one, as Weeds was a shitty show from the get-go. Whatever novelty it had wore off within season 1 and yet I kept watching for whatever reason. I finally decided to leave for good after that finale though.

Orange is the New Black - Season 1 finale. At least I learned my lesson from Weeds this time: Jenji Kohan. Never again.

Legend of Korra Season 1: An awful finale with a huge drop in quality due to poor pacing from a flawed concept. I was actually wise enough to drop this one after the first season.

The Walking Dead is another mistake within these halls still in progress. It has always been a bad show and the latest season was simply drop-down-dead boring. However, I'm still there to see how much it can shit the bed in poor characterization, drama and CG blood.

Tabby

Heroes - Kind of? I watched Season 2 episode 1 for 10 minutes and I bored of it, everyone saying it was terrible kind of killed my motivation.

Smallville - Shit was terrible. I wanted to finish Season 1 hoping things would get better towards the end but nope.

Misfits Season 2 - I didn't want to watch a Misfits without Nathan, people say it wasn't the same anyways so I guess I didn't miss much.
Might revisit it in the future.

Heroes - Season 2
The Office (U.S.) - Season 4
Homeland - Season 2
Dexter - Season 2
American Horror Story - Season 1
30 Rock - Season 3

Kuroyume

Banned
Prison Break - After two episodes in the Brazilian prison
24 - The season before Tony came back from the dead
Heroes - Can't remember where... Maybe when Matt met his dead/comatose girlfriend.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The Walking Dead S2 (I don't know how/why I even made it that far)
Scrubs S6 (I know, I know, it got better again in S8 or whatever... I'll get around to it someday)
Boardwalk Empire S2 (simply lost interest)

Dysun

I made it all the way through Prison Break Season 3. When I heard Doctor Lori Grimes was coming back I didn't even bother to watch the final season.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
none, if I find a show to be bad it gets dropped after three episodes, if it's good, a season finale won't change much

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
dexter. the finale of the season with the trinity killer. it was a bad ending on so many levels.

edit: also walking dead season 1 and heroes season 1 finales. both are terrible.

SuperOrez

Sword Art Online once
everyone wakes up and the last scene is the main character walking out of a hospital....perfect way to end the series...watched the first ep of the next arc and it was just awful, better just wondring if if he ever gets to meet the girl

Exactly what I did. I read up on wiki afterwards to see what I'd miss and was not impressed.

Fey

Banned
i wish i did the same because season 4 was NOT enjoyable

my answer is downton abbey season 4 finale

Maximus.

Yes many shows. The shows that come to mind are Dexter, Chuck and Suits. Suits was always a struggle to watch and Chuck just lost my interest close to the end. I didn't watch the last season of Dexter because the show became complete shit long before the last season.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Nah.

I'm the kind of person who wants to see most things to the end. Even if I stop watching/reading/playing something, as long as it's at least I little interesting, I'll go back to it and see it to the end.

I still need to finish off Dexter, even though I keep hearing the last season is fucking terrible.
Same. I have to know what happens regardless of how terrible it gets.
Dexter is very wut. Be prepared.

I seem to be forever in the minority on this one, but season 4 of Doctor Who. I couldn't stand the show at first but I eventually grew to love it, with s4 shaping up to be one of my all-time favorite TV seasons, and then its final two episodes (and the specials that followed) were fanfiction-level nonsense. It devastated me. I did eventually go back and try to watch again, but I could only ever go a few episodes at a time before falling out again. The s4 finale was the end of it for me.

geomon

The Walking Dead: Season 2

Agents of SHIELD: Season 1 (actually the 4th episode)

Enterprise: Season 1 (Done after first episode)

The X-Files: Season 6 (Quality went down really fast)

stuminus3

I almost stopped watching all TV period after that Bones season finale with the whole Gormogon twist. Just terrible, awful nonsense. It was insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom