• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever quit on a show after one of its season finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
My boy Brody :(

What the fuck are they even going to do with Season 4?

To be perfectly honest, I don't even really hate show. Yes, Carrie gets on my nerves a lot but there were still some really good characters like Quinn and Saul.

I felt pity and closure when
Brody died
but it annoys me they're going to carry on with the show instead of just ending it there where it felt like it should have ended.

Killua

True blood season 1. That last episode was so laughably bad, I stopped right there.

Lost I stopped after season 4. Seasons 3 and 4 were so bad.

Heroes after season 1. Everyone kept telling me season 2 was terrible so I didn't bother with it.

Hell on wheels after season 1. By the end the story didn't grab my attention anymore.

Being human UK after season 4. I loved seasons 1-3. But season 4 was dog shit.

After watching the first season of Resurrection, I definitely won't be returning for the second. Especially since I've been following The Leftovers this summer, a show that handles a similar premise albeit much more realized and compelling.

Most of my shows get cancelled though...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Dexter after the season 3 finale. And judging from what people are saying, I didn't miss much.
You kind of missed Season 4, one the best seasons.

Season 3 was pretty terrible though, so I could see why you would have stopped watching.
Hearing that from other people too has made me consider revisiting Dexter.

Besides Dexter, only other one I can think of is Parks and Rec Season 6. I don't want to see what happens next. Time jumps, man. Possibly Game of Thrones Season 4, as 5 will be using material from future books.

EDIT: Forgot about The Office (US) Season 7. I knew the series quality was done after the song and Michael leaving.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Really should have been Walking Dead after season 2.
Why am I still watching this show.

I was seriously considering quitting then. I hated everyone except Daryl by the end of that season finale. I've still only seen a few episodes of season 3.

Supernatural----whatever season ended with the greatest apocalyptic battle of all time
between Michael and the Devil.
My god, I've never seen such intense staring in my life.

devilhawk

No one watched the 4th season of Dexter as it was airing and then quit. I'm betting many were watching it years after it aired and had been told to stop. Seems some people are also just listing what would be considered the last good season and claiming they stopped there.

To contriubute, I dropped Dexter after season 4. A shame how they screwed that show.

Dropped the walking dead midway through season 4. Went to shit. Season 3 was already all kinds of bad though, so is my fault for sticking with it.

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
No one watched the 4th season of Dexter as it was airing and then quit. I'm betting many were watching it years after it aired and had been told to stop. Seems some people are also just listing what would be considered the last good season and claiming they stopped there.

What a baseless accusation. The horrible ending to Dexter season 4 is what made me quit watching, not someone else's opinion.

Well to be fair I did stop watching Dexter midway during season 5. I tried to keep wathing but stopped at episode 9 of that season I think. There is no going back though.

Red Comet

Usually if a show can hold my interest until the season finale, I stick with it. It's when the shows can't hold my interest from week to week that I drop them.

AkuMifune

Banned
Dexter season 1.

Spartacus season 1.

I know people tell me to continue Spartacus all the time, but fuck off. It's not the same without Andy Whitfield.

Archer

End of S1 of Lost.

I did see S2E1 of Lost. When Michelle Rodriguez popped, I said hell no, and never looked back.

TheXbox

Game of Thrones Season 4. I didn't really care for the forth season but it's still good enough to keep watching... except I know by next season they'll be spoiling shit left and right. I don't want to know who the Nights King is until GRRM tells me who he is, goddamn it.

Also no stoneheart wtf was that bogus shit

devilhawk

Well to be fair I did stop watching Dexter midway during season 5. I tried to keep wathing but stopped at episode 9 of that season I think. There is no going back though.

Exactly. I'm guessing a ton of people dropped the show at random points in 5 and 6. Don't blame a single person for doing it either.

Heroes - Season 1. Once that nonsense with feudal Japan started and they began introducing silly characters in the Season 2 premiere, I was out.

Dexter - Season 2: As far as I'm concerned, the show hit its peak here. Despite everything I've read that happened afterwards, this is when the show stopped being "event tv" for me.

TimmmV

Homeland - didn't like it at all. Only watched it because of all the hype it was getting, but after it didn't justify any of it through the whole season I just gave up

Weeds - didn't think it was bad, but nothing was there to keep me interested enough to bother afterwards, kinda just never bothered with more than actually quitting

Boardwalk Empire - Bought this on Blu Ray over some Xmas holidays and rushed through it really quickly (loving it), bought the 2nd series but returned to work by the time it arrived, and then just never got round to watching it. Dunno when I'll ever get round to it now

Dexter, season 4, no regrets.

Spartacus, season 1, one and done.

The Walking Dead, season 2, i tried to like this show but i found it just boring.

Sleepy Hollow, season 1.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Ctrl+F "Fringe".

Surprised at no results. Considering how many people complained about how bad/stupid/confusing the 4th season was.

Didn't stop me from watching all seasons at least 2-3 times though. :p

The Killing season 2 was solid, season 3 is great. It's worth giving it another shot, dudes.

I can see how people who followed The Killing week-by-week on TV were put off by the end of Season 1. As binge-watching material though, The Killing is excellent. They do cliffhangers really well.

Camwi

Just finished season 2 of Louie, started the first episode of season 3, and then realized that the show just wasn't funny anymore and there was no reason for me to continue watching it.

trixx

The Walking Dead.

Quit after season 2, what a piece of trash. Very long episode of the Jerry Springer show, with occasional Zombies.

Heroes - S3
Homeland - halfway through s3
True Blood - god awful season finales made me stop at end of 2
How I met your mother. Stopped after s6, but watched that stupid finale.
Supernatural - midway s7

My biggest regret: Not stopping Dexter after the trinity killer season. What a waste of my time!

Diablos

My biggest regret: Not stopping Dexter after the trinity killer season. What a waste of my time!
Yeah... and then they teased us with Season 7 actually delivering, only to royally fuck the plot yet again for the final season.

I regret investing so much time in watching this stupid ass show.

Desperate Housewives. Can't remember which one, but yeah. Got a bit sick of it.

The OC after the second.

I can't think of any particularly recent ones. I try to give shows more of a chance now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom