• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever quit on a show after one of its season finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cake Boss

Banned
Because right after the season 3 finale of Downton Abbey I am done with this show lol, cant believe I lasted this long, it was a guilty pleasure of mine and kept going for sone reason. But that last 2min of that finale did it for me. DONE.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Weeds season 7 finale.
I just pretended that the shot at the end blew Nancy's head off. Perfect ending for the show.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The Killing season 1. Fuck that show.

I lost interest in The Americans after season 1. I don't hate it, just apathetic towards it.

Heroes season 2.

Syf

Banned
House season six. That's how I wanted the series to end and I didn't want to watch House inevitably screw things up.

UrbanRats

Homeland Season 2.
But it was indeed the sum of all the shitty season.

i usually stop after a season finale or after the first 4 epsodes.

I'm on the final episode of the first season of Big Love, and I'm really not sure if I should continue.

Can anyone vouch for season 2 or the rest of the series?

Sons of Anarchy Season 3.

I got so tired of all the contrived conspiracy bullcrap that the
pseudo happy ending ... (I forget exactly what happens. Jax gets his son back or something?)
felt like a good stopping point.

I stopped watching Lost after the first season because I could tell the writers had absolutely no fucking clue where they were going.

sn00zer

Sword Art Online once
everyone wakes up and the last scene is the main character walking out of a hospital....perfect way to end the series...watched the first ep of the next arc and it was just awful, better just wondring if if he ever gets to meet the girl

Nah.

I'm the kind of person who wants to see most things to the end. Even if I stop watching/reading/playing something, as long as it's at least I little interesting, I'll go back to it and see it to the end.

I still need to finish off Dexter, even though I keep hearing the last season is fucking terrible.

JdFoX187

Banned
Homeland season 3. The second season was a definite step down from the first, but there were still bright spots and I thought they could go something interesting with it. Season three just threw all the goodwill away that I had after that second finale. The way they handled Brody's character at the end -- awful. Done with that show.

devilhawk

Because right after the season 3 finale of Downton Abbey I am done with this show lol, cant believe I lasted this long, it was a guilty pleasure of mine and kept going for sone reason. But that last 2min of that finale did it for me. DONE.
This is one of the best examples.
I remember the news of the actor who plays Matthew leaving the show and how the final episode was spent wondering if this was the moment he would die. Is he going to poisoned here. Is he going to be run over by a train. Nope, random car crash.

Lost. Almost. Season 4 finale. I stayed up late and got beer and everything and I was so underwhelmed. I came on GAF to a LTTP Lost thread though and everyone encouraged me to persevere through Seasons 5 and 6. Turned out to be good advice because there were some damn good episodes leading up to the finale and I enjoyed the ending to the show.

I think I was right to question progressing at the end of Season 4 though. The show went through a steep quality decline from it's first two fantastic seasons and never really recovered.

Cyan

Banned
Whatever season of Alias involved a time skip. Because fuck time skips.

Whatever season of BSG involved a time skip. Because fuck time skips.

Also season one of Lost, even though it didn't involve a time skip. Just because.

The Killing season 1. Fuck that show.

I lost interest in The Americans after season 1. I don't hate it, just apathetic towards it.

Heroes season 2.

Bingo. If you stop watching just before the finale, that show has a decent level of finality & weight. Then they just toss it all away.

LOL. So much hate for The Killing. Season 2 is awesome, y'all missed out.

Season 4 of Downton Abbey is indeed dreadful so you guys made the right decision. I have no choice but to keep watching cuz my wife likes the show :(

I believe I quit Downton Abbey over the same finale that you did actually.

Sword Art Online once
everyone wakes up and the last scene is the main character walking out of a hospital....perfect way to end the series...watched the first ep of the next arc and it was just awful, better just wondring if if he ever gets to meet the girl

Wow. I actually had this in mind when I clicked the thread but I didn't expect anyone to post it. Too bad SAO Season 1 part 2 took a nosedive after the ending but I agree 100% with you.

Heroes season... 3, I think it was? When Nathan died and then they had Sylar transform into Nathan and gave him Nathan's memories for some reason. I'm not even gonna spoiler that, everyone deserves to know how goddamn stupid that show got.

GCQuinton

Probably the most recent "high-profile" one for me was Season 3 of Glee. As far as I'm concerned the series ended when Rachel walked off into NY.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I haven't bothered with True Blood this season. Not because of anything particular about last year's finale, but because it's just shit

Whatever season of Alias involved a time skip. Because fuck time skips.

Whatever season of BSG involved a time skip. Because fuck time skips.

Also season one of Lost, even though it didn't involve a time skip. Just because.

That was the beginning of the best storyline in the series. You missed out

Fnord

Falling Skies. Last season. The show just kept going further and further off the rails. I even overlooked the fact that an entire season was set in Charleston, SC (my town), has a major cast member that is FROM Charleston, and looked absolutely nothing like Charleston. Which was hard, because it was really distracting. But the show just kept getting worse and worse. And based on what I've read about this season, I don't regret jumping ship.

Laieon

I quit taking Dexter seriously in it's final season but kept watching, I just treated it as a comedy instead of a drama.

javadoze

Dexter Season 5 finale.

I thought the season 4 finale was great and stuck around for another year. After it was apparent that the writers didn't know what to do afterwards, I stopped watching.

Seriously, I laughed so hard at the final scene with Dexter facing the camera. You might as well add a sad trombone while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom