• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Have you ever quit on a show after one of its season finale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Heroes in season 2, I just lost interest.
Lost in season 1, again I lost interest and the show got moved from Channel 4 to sky 1.

Boardwalk empire season 2.

I just started S3 on HBOgo, and am considering dumping that show. Kinda wish I did after S2.

Rationale/spoiler:

Michael Pitt was by far my biggest problem in a sea of bad acting, so him being gone gave me hope. What a shitty, shitty performance.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I see a lot of hate for Dexter here, specifically the last few seasons. I only ever saw a couple of episodes of season 1 and thought it was pretty good.

What exactly happens in the last few seasons? Feel free to spoil it as I'm never gonna watch it anyway

I'm not sure. I know with a few shows I've stopped watching on the penultimate episode, not even bothering to watch the finale, which is even funnier to me I think that I couldn't even be bothered to see it through to the end of the season when things are supposed to be amping up.

Bungie's

Walking dead Season 2. Didn't like season 2 but managed to finish it. Been hearing it gets worse so kinda glad I stopped watching it.

Calibus

Bones. Made it to the end of Season 3 or 4 (forgot which) before it evolved into the most derivative, predictable crap I have ever seen.

Bebpo

Banned
Walking dead Season 2. Didn't like season 2 but managed to finish it. Been hearing it gets worse so kinda glad I stopped watching it.

Yup. Was going to post this one. I rarely quit on a show, but S2 was a slog and ended terribly and everyone says it only gets worse. Dunno why the show is so popular.

Laieon

Yup. Was going to post this one. I rarely quit on a show, but S2 was a slog and ended terribly and everyone says it only gets worse. Dunno why the show is so popular.

It's incredibly fun. Season 4 was pretty good and I thought Season 3 was a pretty big step up from Season 2.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Walking Dead season 1.
True Blood season 1.
Dexter season 4.

There's probably more but those are the only ones that come to mind.

Vidpixel

Because zombies.

I will admit, some of the make-up and designs for the zombies can be pretty impressive at times. But yeah, the show isn't exactly bad, but it could be oh so much better than it is.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Actually this one, too. I marathoned through to the end of season 1.
I would have started season 2 but I heard really bad things about it.

I hate-watched it. That made it better, to see what NOT to do with a series like that. There are a few good episodes in the series, but eventually got bland and I didn't even watch the last episode. Got bored.

Bones.

Computer genius serial killer guy simply changes his identity and then just like *that*, he gets to walk away and no one is gonna stop him. Yep, that would totally work in reality.

Homeland - Season 2
Smallville - Season 7
Tudors - Season 1
Being Human US - Season 2
Bleach - Season 2
GameofThrones - Season 3 when
--just kidding, I still watch Game of Thrones.
--
I just couldn't keep watching anymore.
Harry Potter- Movie 4

The finale episode for the second cast of Skins. That casts seasons had problems to begin with, but the finale was some next level bad writing and doesn't belong in the skins universe in any way.

Oh, and I stopped watching Californication after season 1, but not because I didn't like it; because I thought it was the perfect ending to that story, and knew that any additional stories in that universe would ruin the perfect ending and not be as good as the first anyhow.

Amir0x

Banned
True blood season 5.

Boardwalk empire season 2.

man some of its best seasons were after the second!

i know why you left though, but man they did not skip a beat

I left Dexter sometime around season 4 or 5, can't remember how far I went with this miserable piece of shit fucking brain cell killing garbage bin pile of rabid fuckin' llama feces tv show.

Nameless

I was done with Homeland after the S1 season finale. The writers exposed themselves as cheap, spineless, storytellers and turned me off completely to the show.

Judging by Homeland-GAF's reactions to subsequent seasons I did the right thing.

Amir0x

Banned
I was done with Homeland after the S1 season finale. The writers exposed themselves as cheap, spineless, storytellers and turned me off completely to the show.

Judging by Homeland-GAF's reactions I did the right thing.

Season 2 is basically like dipping ones testicles in a bowl of sulfuric acid.

Walking dead season 3
weeds season 5
dexter season 6

I think those are the most notable series that started well and I kept up with a few seasons only for them to tank to the point I couldn't bother anymore.

I went back and powered through Heroes and Chuck, otherwise they would be on the list. Chuck I liked but was distracted at the time from watching tv

Rubenov

I marathoned "The Wire" recently now that's on Amazon Prime.

Since, I've quit on watching Justified, and have tried and quit after one episode of several other random tv shows.

Every show is so fake and unrealistic compared to The Wire. Don't know what I'll watch now :O

Sticking with Mad Men and Game of Thrones.

Tenumi

Banned
Legend of Korra: Season 1

I feel like "pulling a happy ending out of your ass" is a bit too kind for that. I couldn't even stand to watch the episodes again, I lost any interest in seeing the show at all.

Amir0x

Banned
I marathoned "The Wire" recently now that's on Amazon Prime.

Since, I've quit on watching Justified, and have tried and quit after one episode of several other random tv shows.

Every show is so fake and unrealistic compared to The Wire. Don't know what I'll watch now :O

Sticking with Mad Men and Game of Thrones.

Ah, "The Wire" effect. There is no known cure for "The Wire" effect, but doctors say a steady diet of Mad Men, True Detective, Rectify and Sopranos is required for... something.

Blader

The Killing S1
The Walking Dead S1

I also quit Dexter after its S5 finale, but was somehow roped back into it when S7 started. I should have just stayed out.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I loved The Office, but have never watched the last season. The season before that was awful.

People saying they quit The Killing after the 1st season are missing out. Show get's 1000 times better.

Wish I had quit Dexter. What a dumb fuck ending.

zulux21

Legend of Korra: Season 1

I feel like "pulling a happy ending out of your ass" is a bit too kind for that. I couldn't even stand to watch the episodes again, I lost any interest in seeing the show at all.

season two was a bit better (first half was on par second half started getting better)
season three has actually be on par with what I expected when the show was announced (aka it's pretty darn good)

anyways most recent one for me was the following. I watched and enjoyed the first season... but never wanted a second season... because I knew it would be bad.... thus I just ignore the last 5 min of the season finale and treat it as a one season show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom