• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf, will we ever see The Last Guardian

B.O.O.M

They "reassured fans" of Eight Days and The Getaway 3 as well. But look where that got us.

For how long tho? TLG is being pushed as coming even during this E3. It would really dumb PR to push it for this long. A good example would be the Agent. Totally pushed under the rug by now

ps: ideally, TLG would be released in the west prior to UC4 next year. Sept/Oct title to keep things going until November madness

For how long tho? TLG is being pushed as coming even during this E3. It would really dumb PR to push it for this long. A good example would be the Agent. Totally pushed under the rug by now

ps: ideally, TLG would be released in the west prior to UC4 next year. Sept/Oct title to keep things going until November madness

Well see now, Sony isn't actually "pushing" The Last Guardian.

They only mention it when interrogated by journalists...and even then they never give serious responses.

"Oh, haha, it's still in development, don't worry about it" is the most we've got out of SCE executives for years now.

B.O.O.M

Well see now, Sony isn't actually "pushing" The Last Guardian.

They only mention it when interrogated by journalists...and even then they never give serious responses.

"Oh, haha, it's still in development, don't worry about it" is the most we've got out of SCE executives for years now.

I think the PR department can block those Qs if they really wanna hide it tho. The current answer is they don't want to show it until they are really ready. Which makes sense really. They can't afford another delay for this game after a re-reveal. And we heard from that user who used to work at sony (gaffer) that it was moved to PS4 a while back too.

Guess I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt here. And don't get me wrong, I'm not that gaga about this game like some gamers are.

Gorillaz

He also doesn't want to enrage the fanbase that's been waiting for the past 8 years.

Hell, The Getaway 3 and Eight Days for PS3 were "still alive but on-hold," according to SCEE. This was in 2009.

Sony has a bit of a precedent not officially announcing permanent cancellations. And why should they? Announcing a cancellation is nothing but bad PR, and Sony can just string it along indefinitely until people forget about it, so why not lie?

Pretty much. I mean there has to be a dwindling number of people who actually cares now a days? I mean what barely gaf and reddit?

I just want the Behind the Scene story of it at this point. That's more interesting then the game itself.

It'll only be TRULY, 100% dead if it doesn't show up at TGS 2017, guys.

I think this sums this up quite well

bkXxHF3.gif

FTF

It already came out, strangely on the same day as FFVII remake and Half-Life 3. What a crazy day that was.

farmerboy

First I'm like

"Yeah look, it's done for. Not coming, a no show. Be happy with what we saw of it, let it live on in your hearts, yada, yada, yada."

And then I'm like

"Yeah but what if? What if it shows at Gamescom/e3/TGS with no warning? Just materializing on the screen, it's brilliance so obvious to all who witness it. The tears, the unbridled joy, the utter amazement, the awe, the stifled murmurings of a press so enthralled they become trance like in it's presence. The throng of a billion keyboards chattering away as every fanboy on the planet blogs, vlogs and comments about the epiphany he/she just had.

A Revelation to all.

The shame we feel for having doubted.

The wonder.

The hope we feel as we embrace The Last Guardian in all it's glory.

You've broken me Sony. You win.

Exr

Agent is still around.

sublimit

Banned
No we won't.Let it go.
It's not even dead because it never existed. There are so many other (real) games that deserve your attention and hype instead.

And this comes from someone that used to be a big Team Ico fan.

I have honestly given up on it. We'll either get a half-finished but heartfelt attempt or an editorially murdered attempt. If we were gonna see an earnest realization of Ueda's dreams for it, it would've happened by now.

yurinka

Yes, and I bet it would be shown in TGS. It will be changed a bit
(they're adding feathers to Knack)

Sony is probably still making a game called "The Last Guardian", and this game might even use some of the art assets that was shown on a trailer for a game called "The Last Guardian" at E3 once upon a time.

But the game that they are making now is probably very different from the game that was conceived when that trailer was shown. That' why we have conflicting reports about whether the game was cancelled. Because the original project was probably scrapped, but Sony knowing how much bad PR they would get if they announce that is making a new game with the same name so that they can deny that "The Last Guardian" has been cancelled.

eXistor

If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on "yes". They would have announced its cancellation by now. It's probably been axed and rebuilt from the ground up. It could turn out to be a very different game from what was originally shown/suggested, but I still have faith in it being a landmark title.

Despera

Banned
Well it's possible they scrapped the whole thing and have been working on a new idea from scratch, right?

Would explain the countless delays and no-shows. Expect a surprise appearance at TGS :D

We might, and I hope it will be good. Hoping for the best, expecting the worst. But after TLG, that's probably it for Team ICO, and despite of all the wonderful indie developers these days, nobody has managed to replace them for me, and I fear nobody ever will.

y2kev said:
The Last Guardian is dead and you will deal

Hello Ponies,

It has come to my attention that yet another E3 has passed and some vaporware trash game called The Last Guardian decided not to show its hideous face yet again. I know, I know. You have all heard my warnings and my decrees that you shouldn't be hyped for this game because it no longer exists. That you shouldn't be hyped for this game because it wouldn't be at E3. And that you shouldn't be hyped for this game because you look all sloppy when you get emotional and your makeup is terrible.

But of course some of you chose not to listen. You'll believe and believe and believe while Big Men in Suits tell jokes about NAPA VALLEY and preach to you about innovative crossmedia polymorphic free to play content.

The game's dead. If it isn't dead (which it is), it's been so dramatically retooled and reworked that it's not the game anymore and you should look forward to something new from the people that actually work at Sony Japan and not the corpses that failed on this game for over five years.

If someone from Team ICO or Sony would like to contact me to give me the full story of this game's development or explain why exactly we haven't seen anything from this game in four years, they can write it on some toilet paper and I'll wipe my ass with it cause this is all bullshit.

#teamy2kev

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=834395

I have learned to move on.

I refuse to hold onto things that just won't happen anymore. I won't believe the false hope.

I've got too many other games that want my love now to waste my time waiting for what will never be later.

deim0s

It's better to forget about it and be surprised when GAF explodes with the news of its release date and/or release.

Rather than actively waiting for it, it'll just leads to more disappointments.

Heh, it'll be funny if the actual game bombs like Duke 4.

Top Bottom