• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Forgot the cheap ass teleporting into moves. I try to do a drop kick to the CPU and automatically teleport into him doing a bodyslam or some other move to me. Then each move to me takes forever to recover from. I got dominated for like 5 minutes straight by Cesaro because I couldn't do anything but let him keep doing moves to me. The only way it stopped is the glitch with the Cesaro swing where the CPU freezes in position once its done forever until you get up.

That's just the first gameplay trailer with a different song.

lol..

Anyways, can we just chalk this up to transition issues? Next gen... 2K in control... etc?

I mean, is there any hope that 2K will do the series better justice than when THQ was in control with 2K16?

I just want a good game already dammit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's old footage where the author couldn't stand shitty Kid Rock music and dubbed it over with shitty Linkin Park music.

lol..

Anyways, can we just chalk this up to transition issues? Next gen... 2K in control... etc?

I mean, is there any hope that 2K will do the series better justice than when THQ was in control with 2K16?

I just want a good game already dammit.

2k had full control over 15. As long as Yukes is making the game it will be horrible.

The later this creation suite stuff hits the more I think they are stalling so everyone is out for the weekend and doesn't have to deal with the fallout.

strobogo

Banned
VGCW is bullshit. GAF had its own home grown promotion with GWF and shit heads here wouldn't give it the time of day. It was MUCH better and far more creative.

nobody cares about wrestlegaf's bullshit though
I don't like your attitude, Beef! How people could forget the match of the year between Spindashing and I is beyond me. A Ladder match for the GWF Intercontinental Championship. Truly a match for the ages.

I sent that blue rodent back to the 90s with all his terrible animal friends!

So does the next gen version have gimmick matches (cage, HIAC, table, ladder match, Chamber) or is it just the basics like single, tag, 4 way etc....

Havent seen anything to indicate that stuff is in next gen.

So does the next gen version have gimmick matches (cage, HIAC, table, ladder match, Chamber) or is it just the basics like single, tag, 4 way etc....

Seeing how they still haven't shown ANY official gameplay or given any real info on game modes, nobody knows. All we have is the leaked gameplay footage from gamescom. I would imagine it would have table and ladder matches atleast, but who really knows at this point, since they won't fucking say anything. The damn game is finished and 2 weeks out and they are still playing this bullshit deception game. I bet you won't find out until someone gets the game early and starts playing on twitch from PS4.

I still can't believe they released this video of entrances today and the slowdown is horrible in them. It drops to like 10fps in the Daniel Bryan intro.

hhRKXWe.png

pqvqwXV.png

Other than higher resolution this just doesn't seem like a very big leap to me.

Hmm, I dunno. It does look better than 2K14/15 which are pretty burned into my brain at this point. It seems like it could be a lot better though, yeah. I say wait until in game screenshots, not because I'd defend the game but because I want to see if the eyes are as truly horrifying as 2K15 PS3.

Is there really not an actual gameplay video of the game yet? Jesus. You would think they'd want to get out in front of those offcam videos people posted months back to show that the game looks a lot better than those and the gameplay is awesome.

...Unless it looks exactly the same and there aren't many improvements made over those initial clips. 2K wouldn't do that though, would they? They've been so transparent and in depth up to this point!

Hmm, I dunno. It does look better than 2K14/15 which are pretty burned into my brain at this point. It seems like it could be a lot better though, yeah. I say wait until in game screenshots, not because I'd defend the game but because I want to see if the eyes are as truly horrifying as 2K15 PS3.

Is there really not an actual gameplay video of the game yet? Jesus. You would think they'd want to get out in front of those offcam videos people posted months back to show that the game looks a lot better than those and the gameplay is awesome.

...Unless it looks exactly the same and there aren't many improvements made over those initial clips. 2K wouldn't do that though, would they? They've been so transparent and in depth up to this point!

Its going to look exactly like those off screen videos man. A few months won't fix what they had there. The worst part is once the game is out Yukes never fixes bugs and glitches. So you are stuck with how it releases. But remember 2k says its a brand new engine and they purged all the code from last gen lol

It's really up to 2K to do that stuff, Yuke's can't do it without their say so. Yuke's are largely just 2K's code monkeys as they were with THQ. Still, do think they need to drop Yuke's and do something new with a fresh start and even better alternate between two different WWE games so these games have a healthier development cycle. But...

So much for the hopes that 2K would bring about the changes this series has needed pretty much since it moved to last gen. I guess there's next year.

I was thinking about this.

If they're doing Universe Mode some of these match types come with certain PPVs. HIAC, TLC and Chamber each have their own PPV that uses a certain match type. That would really fuck up Universe mode if they are omitted. I'm going to assume they are in.

We know the MITB briefcase is in MyCareer so I am going to assume ladder matches are in.

Still, the could SHOW us something.

Hasney

I'm just waiting on the announcement that the PC version is the last gen version. Why? because fuck you, that's why.

strobogo

Banned
God you guys are dense. Theclosetfan keeps talking about the crawling technique. A picture of Linkin Park is posted. The trailer with Crawling by Linkin Park dubbed over Kid Rock is posted. How much more obvious does the joke need to be?

Some new nextgen footage from Smackdown. Ziggler vs Kane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsIYnsljyWs

Those carny fuckers trying to work the fanbase pretending next gen is PS3/360 footage. Also the animation still looks janky. There is some stuttering during the animations, especially Kane's chokeslam.

Using horrible quality pictures is nowhere near the best way to compare something.

It's kind of hard to compare something when they don't give you anything to work with.

Top Bottom