• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Would like to know about the DLC at least.

They detailed all the DLC weeks ago.

The twitter Q & A wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

The 25 CAW slots stung. I don't really need the 100 but I'm thinking about people who put on twitter shows. Also, I'm wondering if this Superstar edit suite will take up a caw slot? So if I want to give Ambrose his new attire I will have to eat up a slot. That's a distinct possibility.

No WCW arena was expected. I think Hansey might be right and we're going to get hit with the fact that Create an Arena isn't in this year. I think we're going to have to deal with it being cut as they transition to a new gen. Sucks.

They suggested that Ambrose and Rollins have their separate entrances and music but that could just mean separate SHIELD entrances and MUSIC.

I'm still excited about MyCareer.

They better not fuck up this Superstar edits thing. That's one of the big features they've announced now and I fear it may end up being not as robust as we hope.

No custom music on next gen. Whoever expected that needs to think about it. PS4 just added the ability to play music off a USB. The game went GOLD this week. It wasn't happening.

Did anyone ask if we can actually make female CAWs? Pretty bummed Lana is stuck with Rusev.

They did say you can edit female superstars so I would hope the tools are there for female CAWS. That would be a big blow if they weren't.

But I thought it was a brand new engine and they purged all the bad things from last gen?

Preventing freezing and crashes is purging bad things.

More bad news, DoctorWho was right:

"Anyway, I wanted to clear some things up about the 25 CAS slots and the question concerning whether edited Superstars count towards the CAS cap.

Yes, they do. They are treated like a CAS because they are an entirely new instance of the character. They can be used as an alternate attire or they can be used as an entirely new CAS. It takes more space to save out entirely new outfits, that's why alternate attires are treated as CAS.

Concerning the 25 slots, the fidelity of the characters is much higher than previous generations. Characters look much closer to our actual Superstars than ever before. The size of the characters are HUGE. We're going to continue to look at ways to compress, but we pushed it to the limit this year. The longer that we get more familiar with this new hardware, the more we'll find (like every developer)."

"Anyway, I wanted to clear some things up about the 25 CAS slots and the question concerning whether edited Superstars count towards the CAS cap.

Yes, they do. They are treated like a CAS because they are an entirely new instance of the character. They can be used as an alternate attire or they can be used as an entirely new CAS. It takes more space to save out entirely new outfits, that's why alternate attires are treated as CAS.

Concerning the 25 slots, the fidelity of the characters is much higher than previous generations. Characters look much closer to our actual Superstars than ever before. The size of the characters are HUGE. We're going to continue to look at ways to compress, but we pushed it to the limit this year. The longer that we get more familiar with this new hardware, the more we'll find (like every developer)."
qGbfJkW.gif

So removing things is how they fix the game? Can we remove the whole game?

atomsk

Party Pooper
So a friend of mine bought the 360 version and I finally got the chance to tinker with it for a little bit, and to quote myself from a few days ago...

Are we taking bets on if both Del Rio's have the exact same theme even though it changed when he turned face?

I won that bet. Those lazy fucks. Bad enough we have two, you could at least be accurate with the theme music since they ripped out custom music.

This is what it should have been.

2011 theme

2014 theme

Yeah, the 25 sucks and the Edit Superstars taking up one is disappointing as well. I can deal but I think it will be tough for people who create entire feds of their own in Universe.

I see myself using about 2-3 for Superstar edits right now. Mostly for Rollins and Ambrose. About 10 more slots for NXT guys. Then another 10 for legends who are simply missing. That eats everything up. Just room for my personal CAW and maybe a friend.

It's a joke. There shouldn't be any technical limitation that limits them to 25 created wrestlers on next generation systems. Create a wrestlers are stored on the hard drive.
I know. They mentioned HUGE in big 'ol letters but if we're getting a 25 slot limit then they must not be HUGE at all.

Yeah, the 25 sucks and the Edit Superstars taking up one is disappointing as well. I can deal but I think it will be tough for people who create entire feds of their own in Universe.

I see myself using about 2-3 for Superstar edits right now. Mostly for Rollins and Ambrose. About 10 more slots for NXT guys. Then another 10 for legends who are simply missing. That eats everything up. Just room for my personal CAW and maybe a friend.

Waiting for them to drop that superstar edit bomb of microtransactions for updated clothing.

Sephzilla

Only 25 CAW slots and I'm willing to bet the CAW system on the next-gen versions is probably gimped as well. This has officially pushed me from "hesitant" to "not buying at all".

Only 25 CAW slots and I'm willing to bet the CAW system on the next-gen versions is probably gimped as well. This has officially pushed me from "hesitant" to "not buying at all".

Of course it is. They took out the create an entrance and music from Ps3/360 for a reason. No create an arena or WCW arenas either. So you can't even do a classic Sting match. They've killed create a wrestler.

Wow this game is sounding worse and worse by the day.

1) Garbage roster
2) garbage CAW
3) Glitches galore
4) lots of features taken out

Seriously sounds like the worst Smackdown game of all time. JBI is probably 100x more fun than this....hell even Royal Rumble on DC seems better

Wow this game is sounding worse and worse by the day.

1) Garbage roster
2) garbage CAW
3) Glitches galore
4) lots of features taken out

Seriously sounds like the worst Smackdown game of all time. JBI is probably 100x more fun than this....hell even Royal Rumble on DC seems better

I can tell you 2k15 is the worst wrestling game I've ever played and I played that AAA game.

I think they just got rid of a guy. That might have been Jared. They brought back someone named Marcus.

Honestly, I am not too familiar with the 2k/THQ community managers.

Edit: Jared apparently left on his own terms.

Stephenson?

He was a part of the design team at THQ for a game or two, was fairly active for a bit on Gaming Ring's boards and even GameFAQs. He really didn't like people saying they "recycled" models and stuff like that.

Alfredo

How do CAWs work with different console profiles/save files? Like, if you have two different Xbox Live or PSN accounts or whatever, do you both get 25 CAWs per save file? How did it work last gen with that stuff?

Why do they have to limit how many CAWs you can have by the game? I figured it should be limited by how big your hard drive is...

25 CAW's is pathetic. I have a friend who every year edits attires and movset to make them as authentic as possible. He basically had a meltdow when I told him last night. This deal is getting worse all the time.

Top Bottom