• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

So Yukes isn't responsible for the horrible graphics? Yukes isn't responsible for the increasing number of glitches every year? Basically you are saying that Yukes is unable to add a new feature to a series of games they've been working on for close to 20 years without breaking everything and by your own admission, their last good game was over 8 years ago.

Budget! Re-coding everything costs a lot of programming hours, and they aren't going to do it unless they get paid to. QA costs money too. THQ quite literally wasn't paying them for their work. They owed them something like $20 million according to the court details.

Marcus said on Twitter yesterday that they purged all the legacy code in the new versions so they have a solid foundation to build on. We'll see.

Budget! Re-coding everything costs a lot of programming hours, and they aren't going to do it unless they get paid to. QA costs money too. THQ quite literally wasn't paying them for their work. They owed them something like $20 million according to the court details.

Marcus said on Twitter yesterday that they purged all the legacy code in the new versions so they have a solid foundation to build on. We'll see.

When they went to 360/PS3 I do wonder why they didn't go with the Day of Reckoning 2 engine. I guess they just assumed the Smackdown one was more popular.

Day of Reckoning had a far more solid foundation.

If they purged all the legacy code why does the game move and play almost exactly like the last gen versions? Why do the weird glitches from PS3 still exist in the build from August?

strobogo

Banned
Bobo, stop being so mean to 2K and Yukes, god damn it. You fucking prick.
i4GDJFk5z9dZR.gif

When they went to 360/PS3 I do wonder why they didn't go with the Day of Reckoning 2 engine. I guess they just assumed the Smackdown one was more popular.

Day of Reckoning had a far more solid foundation.

My guess is that porting from PS2->PS3 was easier with the existing code base as opposed to doing it all from scratch.

Rapstah

The PS2->360 era switch was weird for them. SvR 2007 was the first game on 360, but games kept coming out on PS2 until SvR 2010, and then WWE '13 was on Wii. There never was a clear switch.

You can't say the game "plays" like the last gen versions when you haven't played it.

We've all seen the gameplay and it looks like it plays almost exactly the same other than aanother dumb grapple lockup mini game where you have to spin the sticks in circle motionsmotions to try to put your opponent in a headlock

Gonzalez

Banned

I wonder what spread Yukes is using that keeps your lips firmly pressed against their posterior?

They are going through questions fast. Hope someone compiles them.

Paint tool IS removed. They say they have replaced it with something that goes far beyond it.

Yeah, that's a fucking vague answer. Bobo will like it.

They also said more entrances are coming soon. Whatever that means. Edit: Just referring to videos of entrances.

A lot of "more info coming soon".

They are being their usual vague self about the creation suite. That shit better come tomorrow.

New main menu.

Ambrose and Rollins won't have their new attires but you will be able to create alternates in creation suite.

MyCareer can span up to fifteen years.

You can edit divas with the same tool they are going to use for superstars.

Aggressive moderation program for online (I really don't care about this).

XB1 PS4 WILL ONLY HAVE 25 CAW SLOTS. Awww shit. Apparently it pushes first party limits given the visual fidelity of the superstars.

Foffy

Banned
Ambrose and Rollins won't have their new attires but you will be able to create alternates in creation suite.

MyCareer can span up to fifteen years.

You can edit divas with the same tool they are going to use for superstars.

Aggressive moderation program for online (I really don't care about this).

XB1 PS4 WILL ONLY HAVE 25 CAW SLOTS. Awww shit.

How does this number seemingly get smaller every few years? I know it's not Fire Pro so I'm not expecting it to match 500, but couldn't you get at least 50 CAWs just two or three iterations ago?

How does this number seemingly get smaller every few years? I know it's not Fire Pro so I'm not expecting it to match 500, but couldn't you get at least 50 CAWs just two or three iterations ago?

It's been 100 on last gen for the last two years. It's gone up. It's going back down for next gen due to the quality of the character models, they say.

Face scans for created superstars? The twitter guy answered yes but I'm pretty sure it's already been said it won't be happening.

Alfredo

I lament the supposed death of the Story Designer. It'll be a bummer if I can't make dumb stuff like this on current gen systems.

And the PC mods would've been AMAZING.

Commentary is apparently the same across both last and current gen versions but the current gen ones may be more polished.

Lol conmentary is fucking horrible in PS3 version. Not surprising they took out even more moves and 25 caw slots is a joke. Still being vague about everything.

Conan-san

Awww shit. Apparently it pushes first party limits given the visual fidelity of the superstars.

Translation; "Couldn't be arsed to properly optimise for the lackluster hardware, please understand."

Just watch, they'll axe the '14 servers and for an encore go after the CAW Leagues next, Jesus Tapdancing H. Christ on a Bike.

Adam Rose DLC comes with the Bunny... megaton!?

Everyone on the roster can be edited in WWE 2k15 with more options than ever before. Well, we didn't have that many options at all before.

Top Bottom