• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 First Footage and Gameplay changes

Even the animation is terrible. Are they really incapable of dealing with collision issues? Just look at his arms.

Collision detection is horrible in this. People keep grabbing the ropes and there hands aren't touching. Using Sami Zayn and his running dropkick using square doesn't hit the opponent 80% of the time. Commentary is completely silent during Bray Wyatt's entrance and you walk out with both members, but only one stays at ringside during the match. The other disappears.

I feel so sorry for the person in charge of the Twitter account. They have to deal with being honest to already annoyed people. Poor thing. And no-one's been excited by any of their Tweets. It's just disappointment after disappointment. Why do people still have faith in wrestling games? I just buy them every 3-4 years, to avoid disappointment. It's just as fun that way, and far less costly.

I feel so sorry for the person in charge of the Twitter account. They have to deal with being honest to already annoyed people. Poor thing. And no-one's been excited by any of their Tweets. It's just disappointment after disappointment. Why do people still have faith in wrestling games? I just buy them every 3-4 years, to avoid disappointment. It's just as fun that way, and far less costly.

The problem is they aren't being honest. The game is gold. It's finished. They refuse to show anything. All people want is to see some gameplay footage and get a breakdown of what is in the game.

Fatalah

My brother bought me my first game since WWF No Mercy for my birthday -- WWE2K14. Pretty feature-rich, but I really prefer Aki's control scheme and match pacing.

By the way, the ai is shit in this game. I did a damn omg! Move to a guy through the barricade and he got up before me. It also takes me much longer to recover from moves in general than the ai.

Was just on the 2k forums. Apparently the community manager, Marcus, so the game in action, in person, for the first time today on next gen.

I thought that was hilarious.

stn

My mind is already looking forward to 2K16. You combine the features and roster of 2K14 with the edit mode in 2K15. Could be a real winner.

strobogo

Banned
This game is bullshit, even by the low standards of the series. It's a mess. Weapons half disappear on the ground (especially ladders), collision detection is at an all time low, audio is fucking awful and frequently cuts out, repeats things, gets stuck on loops, talks over cut scenes, talks about 2014 events for wrestlers in 2003, has fans booing faces, huge pops over nothing, then silent. Half the moves in any given match will have no impact noise at all. The ref's counts make no noise. Many of the characters look like straight up CAWS (Bo Dallas, 2002 Kane, 2011 Punk, Vince McMahon, Ric Flair for examples) while some look better than most models from last year (Rusev, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper). They still can't get hair right, to the point where even guys with stubble look weird.

Glitches I encountered in under 24 hours with the game:

HHH teleporting Kane to the announce table while trying to put him in a casket, with the ropes twisting around them, then teleporting back to the casket.
2k.gif

King and Cole getting stuck repeating the same line for 3 minutes. This happened multiple times.

King and Cole's in game commentary playing at the same time as the cut scene commentary. This happened multiple times.

Weapons getting stuck in the ropes or guard rail, or teleporting across the screen. This happened multiple times.

A wrestler getting stuck in the ropes and unable to move until hit. This happened multiple times.

A wrestler attempting to either pick a grounded wrestler up or apply a hold, but bumping into the ropes, causing them to reset and get stuck in a loop of trying it. This happened multiple times.

John Cena frequently doing the above not anywhere near the ropes in the Proving Ground mode. Just getting stuck trying to pick you up off the mat. Also, his mouth would randomly open all the way up and stay that way for large chunks of the mat.

The occasional sucked inside yourself through your asshole glitch that happened in the last few years.

Adrian Neville's hand spinning around for no reason.

Every now and then, the game just wouldn't respond to grapple or punch inputs. Just flat out wouldn't do anything but walk around the ring for 10 seconds.

Names flashing on the screen after the name plate vanished at Survivor Series 2012 in Showcase mode.

The ref CONSTANTLY getting in the way of corner running strikes.

The announce table sometimes vanishing during cut scenes. King and Cole sometimes vanishing during cut scenes and the game.

WCW/NWO Revenge level slow downs during 6 man tags. Going outside of the ring would cause the camera to pull back and the game would be slow as shit. This happened in 3 different matches.

Pretty consistent hands/fingers clipping through title belts in Showcase mode.

Vince McMahon's irises momentarily disappearing in a cut scene.

In the Rusev/Ziggler match where you can't get to light damage, body slamming Ziggler caused me to go to light damage.

All of that in less than a day of playing. What I'm saying is this game is a piece of shit and if there are any Yukes/2K members on the board who were in anyway involved with the making of this game, they should feel ashamed of their shitty work and think about a different profession.

This game is bullshit, even by the low standards of the series. It's a mess. Weapons half disappear on the ground (especially ladders), collision detection is at an all time low, audio is fucking awful and frequently cuts out, repeats things, gets stuck on loops, talks over cut scenes, talks about 2014 events for wrestlers in 2003, has fans booing faces, huge pops over nothing, then silent. Half the moves in any given match will have no impact noise at all. The ref's counts make no noise. Many of the characters look like straight up CAWS (Bo Dallas, 2002 Kane, 2011 Punk, Vince McMahon, Ric Flair for examples) while some look better than most models from last year (Rusev, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper). They still can't get hair right, to the point where even guys with stubble look weird.

HHH teleporting Kane to the announce table while trying to put him in a casket, with the ropes twisting around them, then teleporting back to the casket.
2k.gif

King and Cole getting stuck repeating the same line for 3 minutes. This happened multiple times.

King and Cole's in game commentary playing at the same time as the cut scene commentary. This happened multiple times.

Weapons getting stuck in the ropes or guard rail, or teleporting across the screen. This happened multiple times.

A wrestler getting stuck in the ropes and unable to move until hit. This happened multiple times.

A wrestler attempting to either pick a grounded wrestler up or apply a hold, but bumping into the ropes, causing them to reset and get stuck in a loop of trying it. This happened multiple times.

John Cena frequently doing the above not anywhere near the ropes in the Proving Ground mode. Just getting stuck trying to pick you up off the mat. Also, his mouth would randomly open all the way up and stay that way for large chunks of the mat.

The occasional sucked inside yourself through your asshole glitch that happened in the last few years.

Every now and then, the game just wouldn't respond to grapple or punch inputs. Just flat out wouldn't do anything but walk around the ring for 10 seconds.

Names flashing on the screen after the name plate vanished at Survivor Series 2012 in Showcase mode.

The announce table sometimes vanishing during cut scenes. King and Cole sometimes vanishing during cut scenes and the game.

WCW/NWO Revenge level slow downs during 6 man tags. Going outside of the ring would cause the camera to pull back and the game would be slow as shit. This happened in 3 different matches.

In the Rusev/Ziggler match where you can't get to light damage, body slamming Ziggler caused me to go to light damage.

All of that in less than a day of playing. What I'm saying is this game is a piece of shit and if there are any Yukes/2K members on the board who were in anyway involved with the making of this game, they should feel ashamed of their shitty work and think about a different profession.

Honestly if any game studio deserves to be shut down its Yukes. The bad thing is these glitches will never be fixed. Yukes is a one and done studio. They never fix issues after release.

2k.gif

If they made a game with the bolded being intentional, I'm sure that it would be an astonishing one.

Another glitch with Cesaros swing. After the CPU does it they have no idea what to do and just stand there frozen in place until you get up.

My brother now saved 60 bucks from avoiding this disaster, oh my the PS3/360 sounds worse than I thought.

I played 11, 13, and 14, and this is by far the buggiest one I've ever played. The roster is also horrible compared to previous games. That 5.9 ign gave was really overly generous.

Timu

I played 11, 13, and 14, and this is by far the buggiest one I've ever played. The roster is also horrible compared to previous games. That 5.9 ign gave was really overly generous.
Funny enough my bro played 11 and 14 and still preferred the older ones, but this is just, wow.

Funny enough my bro played 11 and 14 and still preferred the older ones, but this is just, wow.

14 was an improvement to me just because they stopped using the PS2 era menus and presentation. The roster was also very good. This series has continually gotten worse gameplay wise over the years though. This year games is just another level of bad, even for Yukes. There was definitely no qa testing done on this.

Acerac

Banned
Not gonna lie, I had to stare for a second to figure out which was from the recent game.

...the one with the jacket, right? Minus the jacket I couldn't tell you.

Hard to judge something from a several month old build. We don't know what state the finale version will be in.

We don't, but we have previous history that can guide us to a sensible conclusion of how it will turn out. Yukes is using the same base for the game as the previous generation version. Glitches litter the game and are never fixed, often being accompanied by more in the next version. In the gameplay videos from Gamescom numerous glitches were seen. Common sense tells me that the same issues will still be there due to the developer, the base being used, and gameplay footage that we have seen.

We don't, but we have previous history that can guide us to a sensible conclusion of how it will turn out. Yukes is using the same base for the game as the previous generation version. Glitches litter the game and are never fixed, often being accompanied by more in the next version. In the gameplay videos from Gamescom numerous glitches were seen. Common sense tells me that the same issues will still be there due to the developer, the base being used, and gameplay footage that we have seen.

You've made that perfectly clear over and over and over and over.

Visual Concepts is also working on this game. Maybe they will make a difference.

By the way, the ai is shit in this game. I did a damn omg! Move to a guy through the barricade and he got up before me. It also takes me much longer to recover from moves in general than the ai.

It was the same in 2K14, AI generally gets up waaaay faster than you. Selling is flat out borked, and has been for a while now.

Visual Concepts is also working on this game. Maybe they will make a difference.

You have faith, that's adorable.

The way you book stories in Universe mode is neat. It has room for improvement but be able to select your stories is a great feature. You need to make sure you meet the parameters of the story clues in order to get the cutscenes which makes it a little more like a scripted event. They're on to something with it.

We know VC is doing the motion capture, audio, and some presentation stuff like menus. Yukes is still the one putting everything in the game and doing the programming. Things will stay the same with glitches and collision detection because its still Yukes. Expecting anything different is ignoring the history of Yukes.

Lol this twittertwitter post is like people asking about unlockable characters and them telling people to just play the game and find out with everyone else, because the unlockable roster was horriblehorrible and they didn't want people to know before the game was out.

So the Q&A is tomorrow? Not sure if I can be on much tomorrow or friday. I hope someone asks about the story creator and advanced CAW options. Or rather, I hope they answer questions about it. I really hope it isn't restricted to making realistic characters.

Ric Flair

Banned
120a38f9d438e0f97db0c3a5843951473cf432e9.jpg__846x0_q80.jpg

We miss you Aki :-(

What's funny about this particular pic is WCW/NWO revenge didn't actually have backstage areas. This image is taken from the intro video to the game. I always wondered why they took the time to make those areas but not use them (maybe time constraints or something)

So the Q&A is tomorrow? Not sure if I can be on much tomorrow or friday. I hope someone asks about the story creator and advanced CAW options. Or rather, I hope they answer questions about it. I really hope it isn't restricted to making realistic characters.

There won't be a story creator. That's assured.

Tomorrow is a Q & A. Friday is apparently when they lift the embargo on the creation suite.

I'm not sure the devs will be saying much tomorrow.

Top Bottom