• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Haven Season 5 |OT| Audrey's gone and the bitch is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strike

Thursday Friday nights @ 8/7 7/6 Central (New night and time!) on SyFy

10402968_912998025394231_4488960949792308219_n.jpg

Plot synopsis:

The plot is based on Stephen King's "The Colorado Kid".

When FBI Special Agent Audrey Parker (Emily Rose) arrives in the small town of Haven, Maine, on a routine case, she soon finds herself increasingly involved in the return of The Troubles, a plague of supernatural afflictions that occurred in the town at least twice before. With an openness to the possibility of the paranormal, she also finds a more personal link in Haven that may lead her to the mother she has never known.

Parker begins to realize that her arrival in Haven may have been planned and that her name and even her memories may not be her own. As the series progresses, she learns more about the mystery of both Haven and her true identity.

She and her partner Nathan Wournos find themselves frequently facing problems caused by both the effects of the Troubles, as well as town folk who take more drastic measures against the Troubled.

Main characters:

Audrey Parker (Emily Rose)
Haven-Season-5-Cast-Promotional-Photos-6_595_slogo.jpg

Nathan Wournos (Lucas Bryant)
Haven-Season-5-Cast-Promotional-Photos-7_595_slogo.jpg

Duke Crocker (Eric Balfour)
Haven-Season-5-Cast-Promotional-Photos-8_595_slogo.jpg

Season 5 trivia:
Former Alphas actress Laura Mennell was cast as worldly scientist Charlotte Cross (formerly Erin Reid) who uncovers a possible cure to the Troubles.
According to a tweet from Eric Balfour, Emma Lahana decided not to return for season five due to family emergency.
Season 5 will be 26 episodes, the first half airing in 2014 and the rest in 2015.

Spoiler Rules:
Anything from the previous four seasons is fair game. Once an episode has aired on the East Coast, it is fair game. Speculation based on episodes aired does not have to be spoilered. Rumors should be spoilered at your discretion.

Schedule: http://www.tv.com/shows/haven/episodes/

Links:
http://www.syfy.com/haven/
https://www.facebook.com/haven/

Relevant twitter handles for Haven fans:
@HavenHerald
@EmilyroseLA
@ERICBALFOUR
@DaveHaven

Help me out here: how do I watch this if I don't have SyFy? I don't want to torrent it and the SyFy website last year ran episodes like 6-7 weeks after broadcast. Is there something better?

Help me out here: how do I watch this if I don't have SyFy? I don't want to torrent it and the SyFy website last year ran episodes like 6-7 weeks after broadcast. Is there something better?

Unfortunately I don't know of any other way to view it. There's just Hulu and Syfy.com and both will have a time delay before putting the eps up if you don't have a cable provider that has the Syfy channel. ;/

I enjoyed it. I'd let Evil Audrey handcuff me any time.

Also, I'm enjoying the overt link between this show and Stephen King's dark tower mythos (silver green thinnies being doorways between realities).

Subscribed.

Shame Emma Lahanna's not coming back.
She's not? That's a shame.

Wiktor

Jeez...5th season already? I stopped watching when the real FBI girl camed to town. I guess I have lots to catch up on :D

Forsythia

Nice episode. Any word if Colin Ferguson is coming back? Loved him in season 4!

And I just realised that Dave is Mr. Lahey from Trailer Park Boys. Why didn't I see that before?

Also, I'm enjoying the overt link between this show and Stephen King's dark tower mythos (silver green thinnies being doorways between realities).

iirc Haven is based on a Stephen King novel. "The Colorado Kid" I think?

Enjoyed the ep thoroughly. Emily Rose, like Colin, plays a convincing baddie. I especially enjoyed the ever-so-rare moment of "Why would I answer ANY of your questions?" Villains explaining everything to the Heroes is a trope that I would love to see go the way of the dodo.

Hystzen

Haven't they also mentioned the Crimson King a couple times if Roland pops out a door I go mental

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Emily kicking ass as Mara. I hop they let her be Mara for more episodes than she was Lexi in the last season.

Sad that the actress for Jennifer had to drop out of the show because of her family. What's with Haven and its secondary characters though? Always dead, gone or missing.

Wasn't very big on the trouble for this episode but Duke's development is mildly interesting.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
That pencil kill was brutal... Not in how violent it was but in how different the character of Mara is and how random she is when it comes to killing and harming people.

Just makes you go "Nope, no Audrey in there".

That pencil kill was brutal... Not in how violent it was but in how different the character of Mara is and how random she is when it comes to killing and harming people.

Just makes you go "Nope, no Audrey in there".

She's really unpredictable. Crushing Vicky's hand with the van's door, that must've hurt.

Manu

Sucks that Jennifer was killed so unceremoniously. I knew she wasn't coming back this season, but it still felt like a bit much.

DieH@rd

Banned
Sucks that Jennifer was killed so unceremoniously. I knew she wasn't coming back this season, but it still felt like a bit much.

I liked it. Not everyone needs to get big sendoff. There was tension before we found out about her, and now there will be period of mourning after she's gone.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
She's really unpredictable. Crushing Vicky's hand with the van's door, that must've hurt.

I thought she was going to kill Vicky too :(

Good choice of outfit to steal though. Looks better than what Audrey would wear.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't really like this episode. Felt that the trouble was very filler. Emily's acting also felt off whenever she is slips back, like she's just pretending.

Didn't really like this episode. Felt that the trouble was very filler. Emily's acting also felt off whenever she is slips back, like she's just pretending.
I'm pretty sure it is Mara pretending.

But it could just be that Emily has trouble slipping between the two. Can't wait to find out!

I agree with you on the trouble for the episode though. Good episode that had really slow moments.

Hm, I'm not sure about the pretending theory, we'll see.
I know one thing for sure though, Nathan is a lot stronger than I am :)

Manu

Can we talk about how Nathan is being an idiot?

I'm constantly yelling at the screen. "Don't be an idiot. Don't be an idiot. You're an idiot."

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Can we talk about how Nathan is being an idiot?

I'm constantly yelling at the screen. "Don't be an idiot. Don't be an idiot. You're an idiot."

Hasn't he mostly been like this since the beginning? :p

He needs to have Audrey around and so do we. Mara's not interesting enough to replace her absence. She's good to watch in small doses but we still aren't getting anything beyond the "I'm evil and want to make more troubled Muahahaha" evil villainess part of her yet.

GavinUK86

Bit late to this thread but DAMN those belly lasers were so dumb! And like everyone else, I am loving Emily as Mara.

Finally watched the second episode last night. Duke is starting to remind me of Heroes, and not in a good way. He's basically Peter if he he got that crying ladies power - OP and constantly needing to be talked down. I think that the knowledge that they have two seasons to sort this out is the reason things are moving so slowly. They know they have time to drag things out.

Duke was hilarious, I wonder how many times they had to redo those takes lol.
Mara is vicious but she's a lot of fun to watch, I think Emily did a good job.
I'm guessing Audrey will be back for good soon, no point for them keeping Mara around since she can't cure people and lost her leverage, unless she has a key role in stopping the new threat.

Delicious taco.

Man, this OT is dead.

The look on his and Nathan's faces after delicious taco was what made the joke.

That was a pretty good episode. Good to see after the last couple of questionable. Though the belly lasers trouble did get an interesting boost from Mara. Part of me still thinks its Mara screwing with them and for all inattentive porpoises Audrey is dead.. Manipulating them to her end.

The look on his and Nathan's faces after delicious taco was what made the joke.

That was a pretty good episode. Good to see after the last couple of questionable. Though the belly lasers trouble did get an interesting boost from Mara. Part of me still thinks its Mara screwing with them and for all inattentive porpoises Audrey is dead.. Manipulating them to her end.

image.php

I still say giving them two seasons was dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom