• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S3 |OT| This peeno grabs back - Netflix 5/19

soco

i feel like i should revisit the season because i thought this season peaked far earlier and the last half was boring. i watched it with someone else and neither of us really laughed and it didn't do much to hold our attention.

iammeiam

I wasn't bored, but the back half of the season definitely felt like it was spinning its wheels a lot of the time.

I think my main issue with the season is that it sorta fumbles with Kimmy's main arc. First it's college then it sorta meanders
until she's kicked out and forced to look beyond.
I think it could've been clearer throughout that
her struggle was to plan for the future
but it's not such a huge problem that it impacts the characters relationship to each other which is where most of the comedy is for me (aside all the references/jokes that make me realize I have way too much worthless information in my head). Really liked where Kimmy ended up at the end, as it suits her despite the (serious) shortcomings from being in the bunker
and that college kicked her ass it seems.
Anyways, looking forward to the next season.

I found the resolution of Kimmy's arc kind of frustrating because there was no arc to it.
I was with them during the crossing guard thing, and thought the pointing out she was still married to the Reverend would propel her into trying to finally deal with the situation once and for all. She'd do something to resolve the season for herself.

...instead she just kind of goes and mopes until a deus ex machina gives her a job? It's annoying because the workplace itself seems like a good fit for Kimmy, but the way they work it into the show makes it seem just as likely to get written out in the next episode.

I don't know, on the whole it just kind of feels like the season left everyone partway through stories that shouldn't have taken a whole season to tell, let alone not be resolved at the end of the season.

Yeah the ending definitely felt rushed to me. It was like they got halfway through writing the final episode and realized it was the final episode so they had to stuff a bunch of shit into it. Still liked the season a lot though. I miss 30 Rock (despite having it on repeat almost 24/7) and even though UKS isn't quite as good it's still wonderful.

Maya Rudolph as Diane Worwick absolutely slays me.

Oh my GOD her mannerisms KILLED me. I was high and had to rewind like 2-3 times cause I was laughing so hard, sent videos of it to one of my best friends who loves her from Bridesmaids. TOOO WHATEND

aparisi2274

Kimmy Pulls Off a Heist is probably my favorite episode this season... the way she was
using the pixie dust, like it was coke, rubbing it on her teeth
.... I had to pause it for a few minutes... LOL!

I binged from the beginning through the last episode of S2 so far. I would put this show in my guilty pleasure category and will be seeing S3 ASAP.

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
People being offended by the sjw/pc jokes crack me up. Lighten up people!

antibolo

Banned
Almost done with the season, I think I have one episode left.

Man I feel so sad about Tina Fey's character. Who u do dis

Eidan

IMO episode 2/3 was a bit of a low (besides the Lemonade stuff), but it picks up and gets really good and smart (bless Tina Fey) as it goes on. Overall, great though.

On episode 10 now and it's fantastic.
Girl, I got keys in different area trees

The fact that you could see them at the beginning of the scene made it better.

Meohsix

At the end of season two i figured Kimmy's mom was going to be a big part / plot point of season three... And they mentioned her once... In the final episode...
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Mr. F

Banned
I don't really know what I want for this show, and a lot of the time it doesn't feel like it knows what to do with itself either. Episodes were all over the place and like last season it kind of falls off a cliff and favours cramming zaniness in wherever possible over real story or character development at a rate that gets kind of exhausting.

Anyway yeah, found myself kind of bored for a lot of it. It feels like it finds itself a lot more clever than it is

VanWinkle

So, man, I was really impressed. The first half of season 1 is still the best, IMO, but I think season 3 might overall be my favorite. Absolutely hilarious.

I am not a fan of this show. It's just unwatchable most of the time for me. To me, its humor is reminiscent to that of Scary Movie 3 and it is just mediocre. I wanted to watch it in the first place because I saw Ellie Kemper was in it. I was a fan of The Office and I assumed that it would be good because of her association.

I did slog through this season and it was like one good ep, one bad ep, one ok ep, then cycled around.

The college eps (particularly the professor's dinner party and the college dorm party) were the funniest for me, along with Ray Liotta's ep. Titus and the dude from 30 Rock was great too.
The gospel choir and the funker ones were the worst.

Season 1 was just so great and the last two seasons have been really ordinary for the most part. Actually, scratch that, last season had Tina Fey's awesome character.

Top Bottom