• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt S2 |OT| Spiderman Too, 2 Many Spidermen (April 15th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

- J - D -

This season was overall pretty good. Maybe a step down from the sheer volume of pure laughs of the first season, but a step up in characterization for just about everyone. Kimmy's trauma has always been a deeply troubling undercurrent to the generally upbeat nature of the show, and I appreciated that they tackled some of the more taboo aspects of her victimization without being too heavy handed. Elsewhere, I thought Titus/Mikey were great, as was Anna Camp. What an amazing new character.

a couple nits, however:
- The episode where Titus does the geisha play and all the activists/hecklers learn their lesson. I think Fey and Co. took the wrong lesson from ethnicity-related critiques of last season, and this episode felt outright arrogant in their dismissal.
- Jacqueline and Russ. I get the logic behind the pairing, but I still don't buy it. I thought this was poorly developed.

Just watched season 1 and 2 back to back. I had watched a few episodes when it came out last year but couldn't get into it, something clicked around ep 3 or 4 this time and I just cruised through.

Both seasons are great in my opinion, but I think I enjoyed S2 more. It maybe had a a couple of episodes I didn't like that much, but the good ones were soooo good. I think even if it wasn't as consistently funny in spots, the story beats and relationships all worked better for me than the first.

Don't want to spoil anything but some of the guest appearances were also incredible, and I really like where things left off. Tina Fey's role had me on the floor. I hope she comes back next season

redhood56

Banned
I watched both seasons over the past 2 weeks and I greatly enjoyed both seasons but I don't think the show is for me. It never really clicked for me and while I think that the characters are amazing like Titus it never really grabbed me. I can see why people really like it though.

Montresor

I've tried watching Episode 1-2 for several weeks and couldn't - I felt it was way too boring and slow.

But I finally finished Episode 2 and started Episode 3 and I'm finding it much more compelling now. I like that (Jacqueling spoiler)
Jacqueline gave up on impressive her rich friend and went to the party/ball alone, and stopped abusing both Kimmy and Doug
, and I feel the end of Episode 2 and beginning of Episode 3 have finally seguewayed into seriously awesome/funny comedy bits, namely
Kimmy going to the library when her friend tells her to check a video on the Internet, and Gretchen grabbing a cop's gun in her "choose-your-own adventure"... I yelled out "No!!!" and Lol'd heheh

I think the reason I've finally compelled to watch/enjoy the show is because Kimmy doing something that directly relates to the events/people surrounding her kidnapping 15 years ago.

Titus (Especially) and Lilian are absolutely the best parts of the show. I'm enjoying this season so much, I'm so sad it's almost over.

On the Episode where Kimmy
Starts Therapy

Joeku

Just watched the entire show for the first time over the last couple days.

Really good. After how one-note he was on 30 Rock, I was worried about Titus but he's the best part of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom