• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 2 coming April 15th

Status
Not open for further replies.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link.

Today is Netflix day at the TCA Press Tour, and that means it's essentially Christmas for fans of their original series.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt's second season finally has a confirmed release date – it'll be released on Friday, April 15 at 12.01 PT.

Just in case you've been living under a VPN-proof rock for the past year, the Tina Fey-produced comedy centres on a young woman (Ellie Kemper) who's trying to build a life for herself in New York City after escaping a doomsday cult.

The full cast are expected to return, including Jane Krakowski as Kimmy's gloriously insensitive boss Jacqueline, and Tituss Burgess as everybody's favourite, Titus.

Fey has teased that the second season will see Titus getting a love interest, and Kimmy "grappling with the fact that the world is not black and white​".

Watch this space for more news coming out of Netflix's TCA panel today (January 17).

mreddie

giphy.gif

So not only are we getting season 2 of The Katering Show in April, but we're also getting Kimmy Schmidt season 2? What a glorious time to be alive.

The first season wasn't very funny to me but it had its moments and undeniable charm. Also best intro song of all the times, cuz females are strong as hell.

Strax

I hope its more like the first half of the first season. The moment her dad came to town it went down the toilet.

NYR

First season was good, not great. Looking forward to see if they can build on it - to be honest, the subject matter leans towards it dying quickly, her ignorance can't last forever, right?

rexor0717

I loved the first season, so this is great news. My favorite joke is when Tidus complains to Lillian that he doesn't look like that dog.

Cardon

Excellent news. I was a bit lttp with watching this, but once I caught the first ep I went on an instant binge watch. Usually hate comedy shows but I thought Kimmy was brilliant.

Yes! Super glad to see it's coming in just a few months. I really loved the first season, and I'm hoping the show keeps up the quality for the second season. Bring back the robot Titus and Jacqueline nearly killed for an episode to extract revenge!

giphy.gif

Exactly how I feel. Didnt think it was funny, but I watched all episodes.

It's weird, yeah. I never really laughed much, but I was always into it due to quirk. So, I liked it and especially loved the back end with Jon Hamm. Characters were great too, mostly Titus, Kimmy and the blonde whose name escapes me.

Toothless

I just hope that Fey put a limit on the runtime, because the second half of the season was notably worse because the episodes started running too long. Still, I'll check it out even if I thought the first season was just alright. Great start, bland finish.

Honestly my favorite Netflix original. This show caught me by surprised and I binged it in a day. Hopefully they make it more like the first half and less like the second. The last few episodes of season 1 were atrocious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom