• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MCC - Zanzibar in action

Multiplayer practically looks a gen ahead of singleplayer.
Also
press-tour-2014-halo-2-anniversary-cairo-station-full-house-f721b26b2ce647ebb32124392a9c34f2.jpg
The complete lack of noticeable specular on the Covies really bothers me.

rokkerkory

Looks graphically about on par with Halo Reach. They havent exactly pushed the boat out in terms of remastering it. Still bitterly disappointed H3 isnt being redone and that ODST & Reach arent in there.
This was the one thing that couldve gotten me to buy a bone, but ive no love for Halo 2 as its campaign was weak and i never played its MP. But if they redid my favourite Halo games, 3, Reach, ODST, a bone would be bought no question.

You're not really asking for much at all. I mean geezus.

Sucks you won't be playing with rest of us then.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I thought they weren't remastering the graphics for the base maps? Or am I forgetting how good Halo 2 looked?

I wish they would just scrap the whole switcheroo thing for Halo 2 Anniversary and focus on Framerate and visual punch. Halo 3 looks amazing and I feel like they could get Halo 3 there too if the "switch" wasn't available.

Hyped beyond Destiny's stars for this collection though!

Leyasu

Banned
Those pastel armor colors are bumming me out. They should really switch back to standard red and blue. Players stand out more with the standard colors.

Agreed. I want dark blues and reds.. These pastel colours are fucking shit and need to die now...

Surely it is not difficult to change the colours????????

majik13

Its odd, looks like how i remebering it looking, like they havent really improved it, outside a res bump. But I know they have. Its just the rose tinted glasses effect.

Anyways 60fps looks good, not sure I dig all the new ghost souds and effects.

And ATVs have guns now? Thats new right? Thats intresting.

I dont have an XOne. And have always hoped I dont need one. My time is too limited as is. Wish I could play this though.

RedAssedApe

Banned
What a boring looking map.

Why in a universe where a race of aliens can build and manipulate giant worlds and structures, we do constantly get maps that are so grounded in reality like this?

The other maps in the game are coming along alright. But there's so much potential to do something awesome and 343i's artists just aren't particularly doing it, IMO.

a fan favorite halo map. are you just commenting on the aesthetics or have you never played those game? couldn't tell...

Impala26

Where was the clang when the connector is blown and the bridge drops?

Stinkles I need my clang!

There was no sound at all for it actually so...

(See disclaimer at beginning of video about it being a Work-In-Progress)

But yes, the clang is arguably the most iconic part of Zanzibar (save the blue screen of death that appears when you get the main gate to the base open).

hwalker84

Ah, so they are being tricky with 1080p/60fps?

EDIT:
Oh, 343 promised it will all be 60fps at launch.
When did they say that? Last time I heard they said they weren't promising 60 FPS for the remaster single player. I personally wish they'd drop the ability to switch and use all the power for the remaster.

Muffdraul

The visuals are super underwhelming next to the improvements that Halo 1 Anniversary made.

The sound effects, on the other hand, are very much improved. Halo 2's sniper rifle always sounded so wimpy. Now it sounds like the gun God would use to shoot Satan in the face.

Every single map for every single Halo is on the disc.

They decided to take 6 Halo 2 maps and rebuild them in a custom Halo 4 engine. That's why these maps don't have a old to new switch.

How does it work? Is it like Halo 3 physics and weapons on Halo 3 maps, or is it just mixed however?

This is actually making me want an Xbox One. If I had maybe 3 more games that I wanted from it, I totally would. I love Halo 2 and 3.

AlStrong

Multiplayer practically looks a gen ahead of singleplayer.
Also

The complete lack of noticeable specular on the Covies really bothers me.

The specular is there, but I'm assuming you're referring to the typical environment map that makes it look more metallic. Anyways, the way they handle it is odd. Check out the Elite's armour that's partly in shadow and also in direct light:

Shoulder & right leg are in shadow and clearly show the env map. Back of the left leg is in direct light and looks ceramic. The lighting contribution seems to overpower it or nullify it.

hwalker84

How does it work? Is it like Halo 3 physics and weapons on Halo 3 maps, or is it just mixed however?

This is actually making me want an Xbox One. If I had maybe 3 more games that I wanted from it, I totally would. I love Halo 2 and 3.

Tweaked Halo 4 engine designed to feel and act like Halo 2.

Chorazin

I'll ask you guys since, while I love Halo, I haven't been paying much attention to the MCC until recently (just got an XBone).

From what I gather, you can just set your MP mode to, say, Halo 3, and then play every map from every Halo with Halo 3 weapons, physics, and damage. Same with Halo 1, 2, and 4 right? Or are you limited to only one game's settings and maps?

I'll ask you guys since, while I love Halo, I haven't been paying much attention to the MCC until recently (just got an XBone).

From what I gather, you can just set your MP mode to, say, Halo 3, and then play every map from every Halo with Halo 3 weapons, physics, and damage. Same with Halo 1, 2, and 4 right? Or are you limited to only one game's settings and maps?

You have it completely wrong, it's just that all the games are together and under a single UI with matchmaking mixing them together. If you play a Halo 3 map you will be playing Halo 3, not Halo 4 on a Halo 3 map.

Top Bottom