• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of Alien: Isolation gameplay (hardcore 'survivor' mode)

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Jesus Christ at that lighting and sound design. atmosphere too strong.

I have not been paying attention at all to this game but that video made me tense up nervously watching him play, wow.

What game modes are in the game? Just this survivor mode or what?

AmyS

So looking forward to Alien: Isolation, seems they've nailed the look and the lighting,

It's the second to last game I'm buying this year, with GTA V remaster being the last.

Have any of you played Aliens vs Predator? I really want this to bring me in like that game did.

Online play was nuts. Shooting Aliens with the shotgun as they jumped in and out of sight. So FUCKING good!

Looks really cool and right up my street.

The environments and lighting etc. are exceptional, but let down by the animation of the alien itself, which is hella jank. Unfortunate, when in stealth games you spend a lot of time hiding behind crates and watching your antagonist.

Edit - to clarify, when the alien is walking around and changing direction, his feet just slide all over the floor. Animation reactive to the environment, similar to TLoU, would have been amazing here. Dunno if that stuff is off the shelf tho.

DOWN

Banned
I love the lighting and minimalism in this. It makes the world and environment stand out really well so they nailed the look of the 70s set building for a future setting.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks amazing but I don't want to play a game when I'm crawling around on my hands and knees for the most part. It's not for me.

This and GTA 5 will be my games for the rest of the year (maybe also the Evil Within, we will see).

The only thing i have to criticise is the shader aliasing. Other than that it looks really good, textures are sharp as fuck - i like.

Vaiim

First video I've seen that started me getting excited for the game.

I still need a little convincing that the gameplay style has enough longevity, but apart from that I am definitely interested now.

Is that planet LV426? Because it certainly looks like it, and if it is then we might get to go to the Derelict.

Which would be amazing considering how faithful the game looks, I'd loved to see a Giger'd out Derelict straight out of the first movie.

The gameplay in this just looks so damn good.

MedIC86

It really looks good, but i have one main concern. does the game bring enough depth to be enjoyable for 8-10 hrs (or how long the campaign will take). Mostly in these kinds of games you find out pretty quickly how to 'abuse' the AI so that they cant find you.

Here's hoping for an awesome alien game.

c0Zm1c

Two more short videos of Survival Mode [on PC], they made me jump few times. Damn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQhu-z5RvSo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7dtzJoxRwQ

The framerate looks a bit laggy there to me. But perhaps it's just the video capture and not the game, I hope! Has there been any other videos of the PC version?

It's the alpha predator, why wouldn't it walk around in its pants without a care in the ship?
Because that's not how the Alien behaved in the film? I'm willing to overlook that - the game still looks like it could be really enjoyable to play - but for a game that's inspired by the original film it has to be said it's not entirely faithful to it.

DOWN

Banned
Because that's not how the Alien behaved in the film? I'm willing to overlook that - the game still looks like it could be really enjoyable to play - but for a game that's inspired by the original film it has to be said it's not entirely faithful to it.

This was a challenge mode. Has the Alien been maybe more evasive when in the halls of single player?

UnrealEck

Compared to the alien in the movie, it seems to have lost a lot of its senses. In the movie the thing seemed more than capable of sensing people's presence when closeby.
But of course for the sake of gameplay, it looks fun.

Has there been any other videos of the PC version?

Yeah. Here's at least one just from searching 'alien isolation pc' on youtube.
There's probably more. I know there's a graphics comparison too with the PC version in that.

Bollocks

I don't know, it looks dull as fuck. Sure as a demo the concept is interesting but a full fledged game?
This has bomba written all over it.
Will check out once it hits PS+

Xpliskin

Hate to be this guy but what I'm seeing is a AAA game but very linear/corridor-based in nature and with scripted apparitions, I hope the main game has more HUBs a la amnesia and actual "patrol/seeking" A.I

EDIT: Have to backtrack a bit, actually the second video ("Ian vs Gav") is more repesentative. The alien is actually patrolling and choosing random paths.

The_Monk

Can't wait to play this game. It's not going to be a day one purchase as much as I would want to but either way hope it's good.

Love the minimalist screen right at the start of the game and I can't wait to see more, just not too much as I don't want to spoil myself. Will be watching impressions from those GAFfers getting it on release day.

Top Bottom