• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

7 minutes of Alien: Isolation gameplay (hardcore 'survivor' mode)

slapnuts

A lot of people said it wouldnt look this good during gameplay...looks pretty close to the initial stuff we seen a while back

Anyone know when reviews start going out for this game?

Intrigued by this game, don't want to get it if reviews are not better than average.

Zaku

This is why I ordered the second Oculus Rift development kit.

Of course, I assume I'm going to wuss out about five seconds into playing, but that's my problem to deal with.

Clin

Neo Member
Great atmosphere, but the Alien not sensing somebody that close to him ruined it.

That was my feeling also. Don't get me wrong, I think it would take a concious effort to ruin the title at this point.

I did expect to see the Alien a little more aware, perhaps a little more intelligent. They don't need to see you right? Bio-sensory navigation and all that. I personally feel ducking behind a shelved trolley as it walks right by shouldn't be enough to elude the Xeno.

Mechazawa

How is the depth of field artificial? Immersion based effects are always going to be somewhat odd given you're staring at a screen and seeing the whole picture but the feature itself is realistic. Stare at your hand or a phone and pay attention to your peripheral vision. Everything is pretty blurry outside of what you're focusing on.

It also looks like you're free to toggle between having the DoF on the background or on the motion tracker, so even if it's not a "legit reason" for some people, it's very clearly playing into a game mechanic.

Top Bottom