• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So when the last MCD was playing, it said the next one would be at 1:30KST, so now I'm coming back at around 1:30 and it says it started at 12 and it's on commercial break.

Great planning there, Mnet.

My bad y'all.

It's kinda my fault KhunFany is dead.

Mind you I didn't seduce Fany or anything. She saw how Ailee and I have been comfortable with each other and I guess she basically demanded Khun to do the same thing. But that fool has his head stuck up his ass, not to mention the amount of fangirls he has, so Fany got mad, then shit blew up. Next thing you know, she's on Dubsmash acting like everything's alright even though it isn't.

I kinda miss writing the GAF-fanfic me and ryan-ts wrote a year or two ago lol.

Peru

CGI6WztU4AA8jJw.jpg
CGI6WzzU4AASupf.jpg

ramyeon

So there's been reports that suggest Ladies' Code are getting ready for a comeback potentially within the year. Here's hoping they're doing alright.

Edit: Looks like it's actually been denied by Polaris looking into it more. Though they have confirmed a Memorial Concert for Rise and Eunbi in Japan.

Peru

"A representative shared, “You will be able to see a completely different side of SISTAR that hasn’t been seen thus far. You can look forward to it.”"

So we'll 100% see a side of Sistar we've seen before.

CGId6fkUoAAqxYJ.jpg

vanty

This looks like the second row seating to me. Second time is proof enough to confirm that Seohyun has company in the not-stupid club.

FcDhD7g.jpg

No No Eul

GeiiXFu.jpg

Yoona.

Just had a terrible realization watching CLC perform. A Pink is kind of locked out of anything fun now. 4 Minute will get fun/fresh and power/mature songs, A Pink will get boring/mature songs along dated Jpop flavors, and CLC will get fun/cutesy songs. The days of A Pink getting stuff like Boo, Prince, Hush, and Boy are over. Mr Chu is an example of the most fun thing you'll get from them now.

God I hope not. That would be a sorry state of affairs.

"A representative shared, “You will be able to see a completely different side of SISTAR that hasn’t been seen thus far. You can look forward to it.”"

A summer single from Duble Sidekick, producer of Loving U, Give It To Me and I Swear? Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Pendulum

What happened to Tao? has he left yet?

New SM statement:
In the statement, SM Entertainment revealed, “It cannot be confirmed whether Tao is staying or leaving. Negotiations are still ongoing.” Further, the agency also stated that Tao will not participate in the repackage album Love Me Right, confirming previous reports that EXO will be returning with only 9 members.

----

How did I not know that Seungyeon speaks English?

This looks like the second row seating to me. Second time is proof enough to confirm that Seohyun has company in the not-stupid club.

For how much attention S.K. gets for its brutal schooling and study habits... It seriously seems like basic physics isn't part of their curriculum.

And yay more sistar, which by their statement makes me wonder what it could possibly be. Metal song or something maybe lol, thats about all I can think.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Red Velvet did a thing. SPAMSPAMSPAMSPAM!
Posting in order imgur gives...
Could have traded at least one of those Yeri shots for another Irene.

llehuty

유희열의 스케치북 - BoA (보아) - Kiss My Lips
유희열의 스케치북 - BoA (보아) - Double Jack [Feat. Eddy Kim (에디킴)]
Yu hiiyeol being BoA for some seconds and Boa singing Who are you?

Why can't every music show be sketchbook?

보아 (BoA) No.1
보아 (BoA) My Name
보아 (BoA) Fox
보아 (BoA) Who Are You
보아 (BoA) Kiss My Lips

We need more BoA performing at festivals.Keeping up the fancam dump with God Shabet

달샤벳(Dal★Shabet)-Supa Dupa Diva (Subin focus)
달샤벳(Dal★Shabet)-B.B.B (Woohee focus)
달샤벳(Dal★Shabet) Full Version 30min of GOATness
_____

[MV] SEVENTEEN(세븐틴) _ Adore U(아낀다)

Solid production for a boy group debut. Pledis still has it.
If only they wanted to give some promotions to After School...

How did I not know that Seungyeon speaks English?

She is sooooo wifeable.

Seeing Sistar again is already bad news. Can they disband already?

At this point in the game, if you are Chinese and within SM, why wouldn't you leave? Not only do they treat any idol like dogs, but they make sure to put extra discrimination in if you are Chinese.

It's systematic, and there's certainly no signs of it slowing down or stopping. And people actually believed the SM family bullshit?

ramyeon

Apparently the source of this is sketchy, even by Weibo standards. Also can't find any Korean news sources for it, seems like click bait to me. Especially since she just posted a happy selca the other day on Instagram saying she was going to the SM building.

I feel like I'm slowly drowning listening to the original tempo of Kiss My Lips... and it feels like it wants to keep slowing down some more as I go through it.

Wish she did Home, Love and Hate or Who Are You instead of Double Jack. DJ's a good song in it's own right, but L&H and Home are on another level compared to it. Plus, a live version of L&H would be the best thing ever.

At this point in the game, if you are Chinese and within SM, why wouldn't you leave? Not only do they treat any idol like dogs, but they make sure to put extra discrimination in if you are Chinese.

It's systematic, and there's certainly no signs of it slowing down or stopping. And people actually believed the SM family bullshit?

Yet Henry is running around taking a shit on TV with Yewon in the background.

The "systematic" issue here is EXO's delusions of grandeur. Just because some schmuck managed to ditch the group, everybody thinks they're able to do the same thing when they don't even know shit about how contracts work.

Just look at Sica's split with Soshi. Even with all the money in the world, the best her lawyer can do is to get her to leave Soshi not SM. AFAIK, she's contractually obliged to be with SM for the remainder of her contract. Otherwise, she would've left SM at the same time she left Soshi.

You could argue she stayed with SM so she can still get that contracts to support her company, but at the same time... why would she do that when she's got Tyler Kwon in her pocket? Or why not join another company instead? You could say she had a no-compete clause added to her contract so she couldn't join another company, but if that's her only reason to say... then I'd say she's doing a terrible job at managing her business. Most NCC's only last 6 months or so and even then, most people go behind the clauses anyway and sign a contract with a competitor but keep it under wraps until the clause is over.

Let's not even get into the fuckery SM pulled with JYJ... you're crazy to think this is some racist scheme conducted by Lee Soo-man and his cohorts... it's all contracts, that's all there is to it.

Dogs with sports cars. Excuse my lack of sympathy for these poor Chinese SM artists, lol. I mean, I don't doubt for a second that that SJ guy actually had a hard time back in the day, but I don't believe for a second that the guys in EXO went through the same thing. While SM is probably still among the greedier entertainment companies, it's obvious that todays groups have very little reason to break from SM like that SJ guy and JYJ did. The only reason the Chinese are doing it is because they'll earn more for less in China, and SM can't stop them unlike their Korean counterparts, so why stay? Mind you I don't have much sympathy for SM either. It's just business. I expect the end game will simply be that SM stops recruiting Chinese idols, unless that Lay thing works out.

llehuty

Yet Henry is running around taking a shit on TV with Yewon in the background.

The "systematic" issue here is EXO's delusions of grandeur. Just because some schmuck managed to ditch the group, everybody thinks they're able to do the same thing when they don't even know shit about how contracts work.

Just look at Sica's split with Soshi. Even with all the money in the world, the best her lawyer can do is to get her to leave Soshi not SM. AFAIK, she's contractually obliged to be with SM for the remainder of her contract. Otherwise, she would've left SM at the same time she left Soshi.

You could argue she stayed with SM so she can still get that contracts to support her company, but at the same time... why would she do that when she's got Tyler Kwon in her pocket? Or why not join another company instead? You could say she had a no-compete clause added to her contract so she couldn't join another company, but if that's her only reason to say... then I'd say she's doing a terrible job at managing her business. Most NCC's only last 6 months or so and even then, most people go behind the clauses anyway and sign a contract with a competitor but keep it under wraps until the clause is over.

Let's not even get into the fuckery SM pulled with JYJ... you're crazy to think this is some racist scheme conducted by Lee Soo-man and his cohorts... it's all contracts, that's all there is to it.

People should stop comparing EXO kids situation with Sica's situation. EXO guys voluntarily decided to leave the group (and the company) with the help of chinese companies. Sica was kicked out (of the group, only?).

I wouldn't be surprised if Sica is still getting some money from SM until her contract expires or something.

Dogs with sports cars. Excuse my lack of sympathy for these poor Chinese SM artists, lol. I mean, I don't doubt for a second that that SJ guy actually had a hard time back in the day, but I don't believe for a second that the guys in EXO went through the same thing. While SM is probably still among the greedier entertainment companies, it's obvious that todays groups have very little reason to break from SM like that SJ guy and JYJ did. The only reason the Chinese are doing it is because they'll earn more for less in China, and SM can't stop them unlike their Korean counterparts, so why stay? Mind you I don't have much sympathy for SM either. It's just business. I expect the end game will simply be that SM stops recruiting Chinese idols, unless that Lay thing works out.

Pretty much this.

llehuty

ramyeon

Someone at YG doesn't know what midnight means. Poster implies it should have been out about half an hour ago KST but it's actually going to be released at midnight on the 2nd.

Top Bottom