• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS Vita releasing on the 15th october in Europe

rafbanaan

Minecraft PS Vita is releasing on the 15th october in Europe. They haven't heard yet from PS North America, so no date for an US release.

screenshot2014-10-09am1xw2.png

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFZoDbgncJA

Source: https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/519987042139525120

Garraboa

I would've expected for the NA version to be released on the 14th. Same day as PSTV, since that's one of the games that would give PSTV way more notoriety in the mainstream eyes.

Then again, who knows what extra steps SCEA makes the developers do with this cert test, so SCEE's probably more lax when certifying games IMO.

btkadams

I am so excited for this to come out in NA! I hadn't played this game until the PS4 release and it really is a blast. The vita version seems ideal.

dracula_x

Just curious, does this mean that Microsoft has some Vita's sitting around for the testing/update process?

Don't think that Microsoft is controlling testing/update process right now. Microsoft is a very large company and even "small" acquisition like Mojang could take months to complete.

RK128

Great :D! Didn't expect this to come out for a while (honestly was half expecting it to be the PS+ tittle for November....) but that is awesome news :). Minecraft on the go has to be one of the best ways to play it (especially if it has cross-save with the PS3/PS4 versions; can make a world and continue making it on the go).

Awesome news for the Vita :).

Also have to say, it really is cool of Microsoft to push this on other platforms even though it is now a 'first party' IP to them now; it reminds me of how they let Rare make DS and GBA games with Nintendo and Microsoft IP (Banjo, DKR:DS and Viva Pinta).

lewisgone

I'm so excited for this! Haven't played Minecraft in months and a full version on a portable system is just what I wanted to get back into it. That trailer reminded me how much I love the soundtrack, too.

Krilekk

Banned
In three months ...

Alltime best selling games

Sony Playstation Vita
1. Minecraft - Microsoft Game Studios

... Oh Boy. ;) Sony is not gonna like that.

Steel

Banned
This will be awesome for making redstone blueprints in my creative world and looking at them at the same time I build them.

Oersted

Ummm, because MS owns Minecraft? You're telling me you don't find it odd that MS is allowing the PS4 physical version to be released a whole month before the Xbox one?

Like it has been said, deal hasn't gone through yet. Also, the development started way earlier.

Ummm, because MS owns Minecraft? You're telling me you don't find it odd that MS is allowing the PS4 physical version to be released a whole month before the Xbox one?

Acquisitions like this don't tend to change established contracts. Sony announced months ago that Minecraft would be releasing on PS4 first, so they obviously signed some kind of deal with Mojang. If MS wanted to change this, they'd have to pay Sony a fat wad of cash, and that ain't happening.

Sent to die.

Sony had the perfect opportunity to market the Vita as the true portable MC machine and what are they doing?

Sitting at home, washing their tights.

About fucking time.

Entirely unsurprising that this will probably be very very poorly marketed.
Also have to say, it really is cool of Microsoft to push this on other platforms even though it is now a 'first party' IP to them now; it reminds me of how they let Rare make DS and GBA games with Nintendo and Microsoft IP (Banjo, DKR:DS and Viva Pinta).
This was a deal with Sony set in stone months before Microsoft even contacted Notch. MS couldn't do jackshit even if they wanted to.

About fucking time.

Entirely unsurprising that this will probably be very very poorly marketed.

This was a deal with Sony set in stone months before Microsoft even contacted Notch. MS couldn't do jackshit even if they wanted to.

It'll get a dedicated post on the PlayStation Blog at best (maybe a few days after it's out). SCEE and SCEA aren't going to spend a cent marketing the Vita version.

amardilo

Anyone know if this will have any cross-save or cross-buy functionality with the PS4 edition?

Cross-buy would be amazing but I would really like cross-save support.

Anyone know if this will have any cross-save or cross-buy functionality with the PS4 edition?

Cross-buy would be amazing but I would really like cross-save support.

You can upload your Vita save to PS4, but it's a one way trip. The real Cross-Save compatibility (2 way) is between PS3 and Vita, since they have the same world size.

Top Bottom