• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS Vita releasing on the 15th october in Europe

amardilo

You can upload your Vita save to PS4, but it's a one way trip. The real Cross-Save compatibility (2 way) is between PS3 and Vita, since they have the same world size.

Thanks, I have the game on the PS4 but not the PS3 edition.

So I assume the world size is similar to the PS3/Xbox 360 editions?

Human_me

Thanks, I have the game on the PS4 but not the PS3 edition.

So I assume the world size is similar to the PS3/Xbox 360 editions?

Apparently you can pay a small fee to get the Vita/PS3 edition if you own the PS4 edition.

The Vita world size is exactly the same as the PS3/X360 edition.

Though it does look like the Vita edition has a smaller draw distance.

SmokyDave

About time, man!

Sent to die.

Sony had the perfect opportunity to market the Vita as the true portable MC machine and what are they doing?

Sitting at home, washing their tights.
It was always going to be this way. Themed bundle at Xmas? Nope. TV advert? Nope.

They'll lift a leg and let it slide out like a shameful fart in a hot car.

Finally! This has been dragging on for far too long. After it went for final cert testing I expected it to be out last week. When that didn't happen I thought oh well it will be this but nothing. Glad that we finally have a date for it.

amardilo

Apparently you can pay a small fee to get the Vita/PS3 edition if you own the PS4 edition.

The Vita world size is exactly the same as the PS3/X360 edition.

Though it does look like the Vita edition has a smaller draw distance.

Nice, thanks for the info. Thought the small fee was for going from the PS3 version to the PS4 version. If they give a discount for the PS4 Mincraft owners then I might pick this up.

Cornbread78

It's a shame Sony treats the VITA like Sloth from the Goonies. Minecraft could be a killer app for it. I mean, once my daughter finds out Minecraft is on the VITA, I'm going to have to hide the damn thing when she's around....

Jigorath

Banned
Sent to die.

Sony had the perfect opportunity to market the Vita as the true portable MC machine and what are they doing?

Sitting at home, washing their tights.

An iPhone already is the true portable MC machine for an entire generation of kids. Nothing Sony could do will change that.

What's the console version like compared to the mobile version?

Untill recently the difference was day and night, since the mobile version was missing a LOT of what I consider to be crucial Minecraft content (e.g. CAVERNS), but the gap has closed considerably since.

Still though... if you enjoy actually having a sense of control when you play a game, can't reccommend the console edition enough.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I can't find this on the UK Vita store at all...

Top Bottom