• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT6| This wolf still has teeth

JORMBO

Darkness no more
After 4 tickets they finally said it was for "account sharing". I am the only one that has ever used my account and I don't even have any friends that play the game. They would not provide more details. They also canceled the latest ticket so I can't reply and took away my ability to open another. Very scummy. Luckily it is a 48 hour ban only or I would be really pissed.

ampere

After 4 tickets they finally said it was for "account sharing". I am the only one that has ever used my account and I don't even have any friends that play the game. They would not provide more details. They also canceled the latest ticket so I can't reply and took away my ability to open another. Very scummy. Luckily it is a 48 hour ban only or I would be really pissed.

Don't worry though if Method does account sharing it's cool, they still get invited to Blizzcon and no issues.

I don't care about account sharing regarding the world first race, but it is pretty bullshit that they get away with it and other people get banned for it.

Vesmir

Banned
Never played a mage, hunter, warrior or priest. Already have a max DK, rogue and monk, and don't want to max my lock, druid, paladin or shammy. Which one to level?

TheYanger

Don't worry though if Method does account sharing it's cool, they still get invited to Blizzcon and no issues.

I don't care about account sharing regarding the world first race, but it is pretty bullshit that they get away with it and other people get banned for it.

ehh...the only people who get banned for it are idiots like Reckful, just blatantly getting random people to pass around account info or doing pilot sales etc on stream. That kind of shit is specifically WHY those rules exist in the first place. If only raiding guilds used em the way the high end guilds do, nobody would give a shit and they wouldn't make it against the tos.

The pvp community getting hung up on their heroes being complete idiots is pretty sad imo.

JSoup

Banned
So I finally got an Ethereal Soul-Trader about a week ago.
Just earned enough Ethereal Credit's to get the gloves.
Only to realize the gloves have no stats and are a white item, so they can't be transmog'd.
:mad:

Renekton

ehh...the only people who get banned for it are idiots like Reckful, just blatantly getting random people to pass around account info or doing pilot sales etc on stream. That kind of shit is specifically WHY those rules exist in the first place. If only raiding guilds used em the way the high end guilds do, nobody would give a shit and they wouldn't make it against the tos.

The pvp community getting hung up on their heroes being complete idiots is pretty sad imo.
It might be troubling precedent if it was just obnoxiousness/blatancy that decided if an account-sharing case was punishable or not.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The only reason I can think of for being banned for "account sharing" is because I connect through VPN, so my IP is always different. I have not had a problem with this before, though.

Recently I did buy a challenge mode gold carry (for ingame gold I saved for a long time), but I did play my own account throughout the whole thing. We did half of the dungeons in one sitting, then the second half at another time. Maybe the two different IPs logged on the record board flagged it?

The first three tickets I opened generated a useless reply with no information. After they reply once they close your ticket and don't allow for a response. After the 4th ticket I got the reply that said "it was for account sharing but we will not give any more details". He also closed the ticket and said he was not allowing me to open any more, so I can't ask any follow up questions about VPN since I can't create or update tickets. Very bad and rude customer service.

ampere

Yeah I agree that it's mostly to prevent selling piloting (if 2 method players "trade" toons who cares really), but I was wondering what shitty thing set off a flag for Darkness, but...

The only reason I can think of for being banned for "account sharing" is because I connect through VPN, so my IP is always different. I have not had a problem with this before, though.

Recently I did buy a challenge mode gold carry (for ingame gold I saved for a long time), but I did play my own account throughout the whole thing. We did half of the dungeons in one sitting, then the second half at another time. Maybe the two different IPs logged on the record board flagged it?

The first three tickets I opened generated a useless reply with no information. After they reply once they close your ticket and don't allow for a response. After the 4th ticket I got the reply that said "it was for account sharing but we will not give any more details". He also closed the ticket and said he was not allowing me to open any more, so I can't ask any follow up questions about VPN since I can't create or update tickets. Very bad and rude customer service.

That makes sense. Yea if you had a CM carry + you use a VPN that looks really suspicious like you bought a pilot. They might have a flag on that sort of behavior, but upon closer inspection you looked legit.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I am just hoping when my ban wears off tomorrow they did not take away my CM rewards if that is why I was banned. That would be a loss of 280k and the time we spent running them.

TheYanger

I am just hoping when my ban wears off tomorrow they did not take away my CM rewards if that is why I was banned. That would be a loss of 280k and the time we spent running them.

They shouldn't, but yeah I'm with Ciaossu, it's almost inevitably because of the vpn. Something must've gone wonky there and it looked like you were doing them from a very different ip than usual probably.

lazygecko

Seems there's been an unusual amount of drought in terms of patch content since WoD hit. I would have expected 6.2 to be out at this point but not even a peep or preview so far.

The meager content treadmill, which is especially important for a MMO of a theme park nature, has persistently been one of the biggest failings of the game for a long time now. Moving most of the Titan team back to WoW doesn't seem to have made any difference so far. If they're going to pump out new expansions faster as they said, does that come with a significant expense of output rate inbetween?

ampere

Seems there's been an unusual amount of drought in terms of patch content since WoD hit. I would have expected 6.2 to be out at this point but not even a peep or preview so far.

The meager content treadmill, which is especially important for a MMO of a theme park nature, has persistently been one of the biggest failings of the game for a long time now. Moving most of the Titan team back to WoW doesn't seem to have made any difference so far. If they're going to pump out new expansions faster as they said, does that come with a significant expense of output rate inbetween?

Dude there are good 5 night guilds that are just killing Mythic Blackhand lol. It would be waaaaaaay too soon for 6.2. The problem is really just that 6.1 didn't add much, they could have added some new dungeons, a questing hub, etc.

My 2 night Mythic guild needs a lot more time with BRF. We just got Thogar last night and I expect Maidens and Furnace to take 2 weeks each with Blackhand taking a lot longer, depending on when we stop full clearing and start only pulling him.

TheYanger

Yeah the problem is that the raid is the only content atm, and the raid tsill needs time to simmer if they want more than a handful guilds killing it. It's been 6 months, but half of that time there was no progression able to be done, so this tier is not baking in the oven very long. I think it's taking the gating thing to the extreme, and it'd be fine if not for the fact that they missed everything else besides raiding - if there were other random shit worth doing it wouldn't matter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Next raid tier needs 1 less difficulty, honestly. 4 difficulties just means they'll have to ilvl prune again at the end of the expansion.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Next raid tier needs 1 less difficulty, honestly. 4 difficulties just means they'll have to ilvl prune again at the end of the expansion.
As much as I would want to see Raid Finder gone, in a scenario like this Mythic would probably be the difficulty removed.

TheYanger

As easy as it is to say Normal and Heroic seem the same from a mythic standpoint...I've done em both, and they're DEFINITELY different in terms of difficulty, I don't think there's a problem with 4 difficulties, or with an item squish now and then. I actually think they should squish every xpac and then we'd just accept it and it wouldn't be too hard for them to keep up on. A lot easier to balancing basically squishing one expansion at a time than the entire game (and squish everything every now and then if necessary).

More likely we'll have a Sunwell Radiance/Chill of the Throne situation in the final raid tier, but I'd hope Blizzard would have learned their lesson on player power curves by now.

ZenaxPure

Yeah the problem is that the raid is the only content atm, and the raid tsill needs time to simmer if they want more than a handful guilds killing it. It's been 6 months, but half of that time there was no progression able to be done, so this tier is not baking in the oven very long. I think it's taking the gating thing to the extreme, and it'd be fine if not for the fact that they missed everything else besides raiding - if there were other random shit worth doing it wouldn't matter.

I'm a bit shocked here because you have spent the past few months saying that the non-raid part of the expansion was fine and exactly the same as previous expansions citing things like achievements, pet battles, dungeons, and picking up garrison work orders as "things to do" (which is funny considering how bad all of those things were handled in WoD).

The problem is really just that 6.1 didn't add much, they could have added some new dungeons, a questing hub, etc.

6.1 is a problem but I don't think it is the main problem. The biggest issue is we waited 14 months to get WoD and it offered nothing long lasting or meaningful for a huge chunk of the player base. It basically had the kind of content you'd expect in a single player game, something you can go through and have a bunch of fun with over a weekend but after that not much else to look forward to.

To me this panel from blizzcon sums up everything wrong with Warlords.

brngWoWRecap035.jpg

"Variety!" How about renaming that slide you spent minutes talking about "Shit you don't care about a week after the expansion is out!"

TheYanger

I'm a bit shocked here because you have spent the past few months saying that the non-raid part of the expansion was fine and exactly the same as previous expansions citing things like achievements, pet battles, dungeons, and picking up garrison work orders as "things to do" (which is funny considering how bad all of those things were handled in WoD).

6.1 is a problem but I don't think it is the main problem. The biggest issue is we waited 14 months to get WoD and it offered nothing long lasting or meaningful for a huge chunk of the player base. It basically had the kind of content you'd expect in a single player game, something you can go through and have a bunch of fun with over a weekend but after that not much else to look forward to.

To me this panel from blizzcon sums up everything wrong with Warlords.

"Variety!" How about renaming that slide you spent minutes talking about "Shit you don't care about a week after the expansion is out!"

I think that stuff is all there and fine. I do think they probably should've added more by now.

Dot50Cal

Banned
I'm already regretting resubbing. I left a few months ago and they still haven't added anything meaningful to the game since launch. I don't raid anymore, so its just boring nothingness. I wonder if they're trying to kill the game on purpose or something.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I'm already regretting resubbing. I left a few months ago and they still haven't added anything meaningful to the game since launch. I don't raid anymore, so its just boring nothingness. I wonder if they're trying to kill the game on purpose or something.

They are trying to milk the content as much as possible IMO while they have all of their other projects going on on the side, like over watch, Starcraft 3 and heroes of the storm. And who knows what diablo is doing.

Once those are "out" I can see them refocusing some of the development crew into wow... But that's gonna be like the expansion after the next one at this rate.

Shahadan

They won't change anything ever, it still works when adding nothing. Why would they even bother.I mean seriously, it makes no business sense.
MoP had content patches and people complained they had too much to do and patches came too quickly, many casual people felt overwhelmed and quit the game. Not to mention reps.

Also they've stated multiple times this dreadful thing devs shouldn't ever realize: "patches don't make people come back, expansions do"
WoD proved them right too.

Personally I don't really mind, the less there is to do the faster I quit and stop paying. I just come back whenever content is added.
Also besides raiding endgame has always felt non existent for me. And going to the same place over and over again for multiple hours each time is not my idea of fun.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Its annoying especially because they touted the increase in the WoW dev team, and what has come of that? To me this is the least interesting time to be playing the game, and I've been playing since WOTLK.

ZenaxPure

And going to the same place over and over again for multiple hours each time is not my idea of fun.

That is exactly what raiding is. :p

But whatever I know what you mean, the problem is I really do think you are in a minority. Most people want to log on a few hours per night and feel like they made some progress on a character. That isn't something you can do in Warlords. Even with LFR if you are dps you are looking at like sometimes up to an hour queue for BRF.

If you look back to when WoW was the most successful (the middle of Wrath) it really tells you all you need to know. You could get a full set of tier gear and many off set epic pieces just from running dungeons, you could run ToC 5 man each day for a shot at a weapon and if that failed you could slowly grind seals each day and eventually buy one from the tourney vendor. If you did want to step into raiding you could just hit up naxx 10 or ToC 10 which are two of the easiest raids ever and they rained loot all over you.

All they've done each expansion since then is make it harder and harder to get gear by either making the content way harder (like cata) or just removing options entirely (VP in MoP was only really good for item upgrades after 5.0 and now in WoD it doesn't even exist). The only time since wrath it was that easy to go out and get a bunch of gear on a character was the Timeless Isle, which, blizzard said was a success in their eyes so they decided to incorporate elements of it into WoD. Except they seem to have forgotten the part where all the Timeless Isle stuff was repeatable and awarded gear/coins you could grind out to buy gear.

I think that is really the core of the issue. Even if you want to argue the non-raid content in Warlords is good for some weird reason you can't really argue that there is any meaningful character advancement from it. Apexis crystals only cover 6 pieces of gear and they are an ungodly insane grind (you need over 60,000 crystals to upgrade a single piece of gear to max in some cases) and the garrison missions only cover a few slots of gear, and, well obviously they are a very passive thing you don't have much participation in.

Shahadan

The stuff you talk about made to ease the way to get gear is typically added later in an expansion's life so I'm almost 100% positive something will be done later about that.

Those are catch up mechanics if anything and for now well there aren't many things to catch up to. That said you can argue than garrison mission bringing back gear and invasion stuff are still useful (except not really if you're already raiding).

Apexis gear are an utter failure imo, and I was saying that during the first week, but not necessarily a bad idea. I expect valor and shit pôints to come back next xpac anyway (or the one after that).

But let's be honest in WoD, especially for a first tier, it's easier than ever to get gear without raiding. It's just that even that doesn't serve any purpose really. I've been gearing my monk for the sole purpose of doing brawler's guild and soloing old raids, because otherwise it's not really useful :p

ZenaxPure

But let's be honest in WoD, especially for a first tier, it's easier than ever to get gear without raiding. It's just that even that doesn't serve any purpose really.

That's the exact mindset you have to get yourself out of if you want to understand the complaints. It's not about whether gear is useful or not, it's about having a "thing" to work towards. The "thing" in WoW that people like working for is better gear, not because they need that gear to do the next difficulty of raiding but because people like having a full set of pretty purple gear. For a hardcore raider gear is a means to an end, for a casual player it is a hook to keep playing the game.

As for catch up mechanics, a little yes and a little no. At the start of Wrath you could still grind out 2 different types of emblems and get gear that way. Its function then was as an anti-RNG thing more than anything but it turned out to be really popular with more casual players. They used it as a catch up mechanic to make sure people could jump into raiding any time they wanted but what they seemed to have not taken away from it was that people loved it as just an easy way to grind something out.

Most people who benefited from catch up mechanics in the past weren't using them to "catch up", they are using them because it gave them an easy way to log on and get some gear and feel like they did something productive that night.

I don't plan to return until WoW tokens release and/or 6.2. At the very least. There really is fuck all to do right now. 6.2 would mean new content (ideally something more than just a raid), and the tokens would mean I wouldn't have to pay to play. Other than that there's no reason for me to be playing WoW right now since deciding I wanted to skip the rest of the tier (at least), so I'm not.

I'm not there yet, but if I get sucked into EVE enough this go round, it might be awhile before I even consider WoW again, depending on how long I could sustain a sub with WoW tokens. It's liberating not having to conform to a raiding schedule, so I don't know how I'd feel about getting on that track again.

Shahadan

Yeah I'm still wondering why they don't talk about a patch as soon as the previous one goes live. Well not exactly wondering why, but still. They should.

People should know what to expect when they're paying monthly or more than that.

Fjordson

After years of running ICC, Invincible finally dropped!! Holy shit am I elated. No more ICC clears! And he looks awesome.

Sadly I still have to go to Kael four times a week because he'll never drop that damn Ashes.

Still trying to luck into a H Blackhand pug.

I need AotC to get AotC.
This is one of the most annoying things in the game. I understand why people ask for achievements, but man it makes it torture when you don't yet have it. Garrosh was like that for me. I had pretty good gear and knew the fight, but couldn't get into a group for months. Can't even remember how I finally snuck into one to get the AotC achievement.

After years of running ICC, Invincible finally dropped!! Holy shit am I elated. No more ICC clears! And he looks awesome.

Sadly I still have to go to Kael four times a week because he'll never drop that damn Ashes.

Mega grats! One of the few I would consider spending gold cap or at least a significant amount on if it appeared on the BMAH. At least TK is shorter than ICC (especially considering you can skip straight to Kael), even if you have to deal with all his scripted garbage.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They definitely think you were piloted. With a VPN and changing IPs... good luck getting that reversed.

Sucks man.

They just told me it's a done deal and any contact about it would be ignored.

Sucks I am out 280k but all my garrisons can make that in a month and a half with no effort so I guess it's not the end of the world.

Nokterian

This is one of the most annoying things in the game. I understand why people ask for achievements, but man it makes it torture when you don't yet have it. Garrosh was like that for me. I had pretty good gear and knew the fight, but couldn't get into a group for months. Can't even remember how I finally snuck into one to get the AotC achievement.

Congrats show that glorious picture i did that with my raven lord (that one is of the list). Also just got my hearthsteed with a bit of help.

This is awesome love comparisons and how it evolved over the years.

ampere

They just told me it's a done deal and any contact about it would be ignored.

Sucks I am out 280k but all my garrisons can make that in a month and a half with no effort so I guess it's not the end of the world.

: /. Given how often those pilot sales happen there's no way they'd believe you. Is there a way you can play WoW not using a VPN?

Grats man. Still my favorite mount. Post a picture!

JSoup

Banned
My damn mature language filter keeps turning itself back on.
Apparently this has been an issue for weeks.
Edit: Ah, it's related to Heroes of the Storm. If it's on there, it screws with the settings in other games.

Tarazet

I got the idea of really getting back to basics, and leveling a toon with no heirlooms in solo PvE. Not necessarily doing all the quests, since randomly killing mobs is faster, but definitely on a class that is not that self-sufficient. Leveling a Druid or a Paladin is easy because you have so many effective self-healing and defensive tools, but leveling as a Rogue, a Mage, or a Warrior is not so straightforward.

I just felt like this whole drive to kit everyone with heirlooms, and blow through all this content like it's nothing to have 11 character slots all doing garrison duty, is trivializing a great, deep and polished game with more content than perhaps any other in history. And so much of it is still there for me to re-experience, occasional hard knocks and all.

Oibignose

I got the idea of really getting back to basics, and leveling a toon with no heirlooms in solo PvE. Not necessarily doing all the quests, since randomly killing mobs is faster, but definitely on a class that is not that self-sufficient. Leveling a Druid or a Paladin is easy because you have so many effective self-healing and defensive tools, but leveling as a Rogue, a Mage, or a Warrior is not so straightforward.

I just felt like this whole drive to kit everyone with heirlooms, and blow through all this content like it's nothing to have 11 character slots all doing garrison duty, is trivializing a great, deep and polished game with more content than perhaps any other in history. And so much of it is still there for me to re-experience, occasional hard knocks and all.

Before the heirlooms tab came about last patch I started levelling a pandaren rogue clearing all the quests. I was intending to go for loremaster.

He has the relevant 1 - 90 heirlooms and it does trivialise the content. Would love to try levelling up without them, however this is my first non dungeon grind level up since the days of TBC and I thoroughly enjoyed the revamped vanilla zones. Really looking forward to wotlk, cataclysm and mop content as I only came back to wow a week before draenor landed.

Tarazet

Before the heirlooms tab came about last patch I started levelling a pandaren rogue clearing all the quests. I was intending to go for loremaster.

He has the relevant 1 - 90 heirlooms and it does trivialise the content. Would love to try levelling up without them, however this is my first non dungeon grind level up since the days of TBC and I thoroughly enjoyed the revamped vanilla zones. Really looking forward to wotlk, cataclysm and mop content as I only came back to wow a week before draenor landed.

Leveling as a panda rogue in the world makes a ton of sense, since they are coming off their isolated island and experiencing Azeroth for the first time. Probably will do it as Combat since they can deal with more than one target at a time.

Fjordson

Grats man. Still my favorite mount. Post a picture!

Congrats show that glorious picture i did that with my raven lord (that one is of the list). Also just got my hearthsteed with a bit of help.
I'm always hesitant to post screens since I'm sort of in Uglycraft territory with my laptop :lol but here's my new rogue on it

There is definitely still a lot of neat content to see when leveling. I still enjoy just questing and doing dungeons. And now that I'm leveling a horde character for the first time post-Cataclysm, I'm doing questlines that are totally new to me, so that makes it even more fun.

There are just so many cool areas to see and so much interesting lore to absorb. It's why I always push back a little when people say the story in WoW sucks. Sure, the main plot is kinda all over the place and advancing a story in an MMO will always be awkward, but there are tons of amazing questlines and interesting NPC's in WoW.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Leveling my 6th character through Draenor and it is so quick now with full heirlooms + 3 level 4 BOEs. I can pull as many mobs as I want, click barrage and watch everything fall over. I think hitting 100 is going to take 5-6 hours total.

Robin64

CRZ makes picking an egg and camping it the only real way to play this event.

Used this spot myself. Didn't have to move to loot either egg and they spawn really quickly with all that's going on.

dG7Kg1j.jpg

Didn't take long to get the 100 I needed for this year's one new addition, the non-combat companion pet.

lZk3Wz1.jpg

Top Bottom