• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Rogue |OT| Black Flag 2

What's dissapiinting is how the modern day story has so little bearing on the overall mythos now, it's even more removed than Black Flag. Before it felt like they were building to something big but now it seems they don't know what to do with it anymore.

Euron

Part of me really wishes AC: U was pushed to 2015 and we got current gen versions of Rogue this year. The concept is something I'm a big fan of but I'm not sure if I can go back to last gen consoles.

TehOh

Unity sounds like the more exciting game to me, but I did like Black Flag a lot. I really want them to announce a current-gen version of this.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Part of me really wishes AC: U was pushed to 2015 and we got current gen versions of Rogue this year. The concept is something I'm a big fan of but I'm not sure if I can go back to last gen consoles.

It's going to come to current gen eventually. I wouldn't be surprised if it comes during May-July which are the dry months.

Pagusas

Elden Member
so will the PC version look as good as Black Flag? And will all the Nvidia enhancements be in it? Worried about this as this game is made for current gen, I figured the PC was so nice looking last time as it used all the PS4/Xbone One assets.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I'm probably the only one who doesn't think that Rogue will be ported to current gen consoles. Ubisoft is the only top tier company who hasn't ported any previous gen game to current gen and I don't see it starting now. If they were ever going to port any previous gen game over to current gen, it would have been Far Cry 3 and since that didn't happen, I don't see it happening with Rogue.

I can understand those who want to play Unity and that it would be tough to then play Rogue but even if by some chance Rogue is ported to current gen, the game itself will be the same but with upgraded graphics and visuals. Anyone who owns an Xbox 360, PS3 or plays games on PC should just play Rogue first and then Unity.

2014 has been the year of the upgraded/remastered/definitive edition ports and quite honestly, the only one that's worth buying whatsoever is Halo: MCC simply because you're getting four games plus more for the price of one. Sure, for those who missed out on The Last of Us on PS3, buying and playing it on PS4 makes sense but Ellie's AI and CPU AI in regards to detecting her still sucked and didn't look any better in my opinion.

Personally, the ports and cross-gen games need to end along with 2014. Starting with 2015, any game that's on Xbox One and PS4 shouldn't be cross-gen or an upgraded port. Simply, I want current gen only games because what's the point in owning an Xbox One or PS4 is if all im getting are cross-gen or updated ports? UGH.

I think that Rogue finishes off the AC franchise on past gen consoles. It's all about current gen from here on out and updating Rogue to be on current gen consoles will be nothing more than a waste of everyone's time and money.

I think I'm more interested in this than Unity. After Black Flag and that feeling of freedom on the high seas, the idea of being confined to only foot travel in one big city doesn't seem as appealing.

sjay1994

What's dissapiinting is how the modern day story has so little bearing on the overall mythos now, it's even more removed than Black Flag. Before it felt like they were building to something big but now it seems they don't know what to do with it anymore.

From what I've seen in unity, its so half assed now

Basically Shawn and Rebecca hack into your Helix console, and tell you hey go look at Arno's memories and see how bad the templars are.

They should have just dropped the modern plot :/

Yeah I may be in the minority but I've really liked the modern day story stuff as a nice side part to the main gameplay cycle. I think the end of ACIII did a major disservice to it though (although in general I like that game more than most). ACIV I thought actually recovered a bit and I thought it was pretty neat, but I hope they continue forward with it; even though I understand the historical stuff is the main draw, I've always liked the modern day hook as well.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I'm probably the only one who doesn't think that Rogue will be ported to current gen consoles. Ubisoft is the only top tier company who hasn't ported any previous gen game to current gen and I don't see it starting now. If they were ever going to port any previous gen game over to current gen, it would have been Far Cry 3 and since that didn't happen, I don't see it happening with Rogue.

I can understand those who want to play Unity and that it would be tough to then play Rogue but even if by some chance Rogue is ported to current gen, the game itself will be the same but with upgraded graphics and visuals. Anyone who owns an Xbox 360, PS3 or plays games on PC should just play Rogue first and then Unity.

2014 has been the year of the upgraded/remastered/definitive edition ports and quite honestly, the only one that's worth buying whatsoever is Halo: MCC simply because you're getting four games plus more for the price of one. Sure, for those who missed out on The Last of Us on PS3, buying and playing it on PS4 makes sense but Ellie's AI and CPU AI in regards to detecting her still sucked and didn't look any better in my opinion.

Personally, the ports and cross-gen games need to end along with 2014. Starting with 2015, any game that's on Xbox One and PS4 shouldn't be cross-gen or an upgraded port. Simply, I want current gen only games because what's the point in owning an Xbox One or PS4 is if all im getting are cross-gen or updated ports? UGH.

I think that Rogue finishes off the AC franchise on past gen consoles. It's all about current gen from here on out and updating Rogue to be on current gen consoles will be nothing more than a waste of everyone's time and money.

What do you mean they Havnt ported over any games, they ported AC4 Black Flag

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

So much fail in this post.....

AC: Liberation was ported from Vita to PC/360/PS3

You're argument is invalid.

Gray Matter

Still boggles my mind how milked this franchise has become. First they start a new family trilogy (AC3,AC4,rogue) and then ubisoft decides to release 2 AC games on the same day. And to top it all of, you need to play one first to comprehend the story of the second game to the fullest.

Astral Dog

They dont give a shit about that, the original writers left long ago, this is just Ubisoft milking the series,not that we can blame them.

Wow, i thought this was coming early next year for some reason,the screenshots look nice.

XavandSo

Neo Member
I think I'm more interested in this than Unity. After Black Flag and that feeling of freedom on the high seas, the idea of being confined to only foot travel in one big city doesn't seem as appealing.
You are not the only one, dear sir. I will be picking Rogue up at the midnight launch among the Unity guys and hope I get some weird looks. Unity just doesn't look appealing to me, while I loved III and Black Flag. Yes, I love ACIII. I had no problems with it.

Toa TAK

Banned
ACIII is my favorite next to AC1.

It's like being the black sheep of AC fans. But their stories were a lot more compelling.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Great OT .. for all intents and purposes this game looks like The Empire Strikes Back of the Kenway trilogy. Should be interesting killing familiar faces :D

You need to check the audio logs and emails and grab all the animus fragments. It ties up almost every loose end from the kenway trilogy, retroactively makes AC3 good story wise,
introduces us to a new cast of both assassins and templars (including a gay couple!), and sets up the metaplot of both sides preparing for the return of Juno.

Setsuna

They dont give a shit about that, the original writers left long ago, this is just Ubisoft milking the series,not that we can blame them.

Wow, i thought this was coming early next year for some reason,the screenshots look nice.

Quick search shows the original story writers are still there

ZeroX03

Banned
I suppose I should stop reading this thread before the spoilers start becoming untagged. Oh man, the wait for this game is going to be horrific but I really want to enjoy the story fresh as it's getting pretty positive buzz.

Dafuq? You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. Is your last name by any chance Pachter?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Great OT but you may want to cut back on the screenshots, bit too many imo. Grabbing this, Unity, Far Cry 4, Dragon Age and god knows what else. Screw life.

Joey Ravn

Banned
I will try not to spoil the game for myself before it comes out for PC. I wouldn't care that much for this game if Haytham wasn't in it, even if it's only a cameo. Haytham rules.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'm getting the review copy this afternoon, but even though I really want to play this game it will be a bit difficult to get back to old gen graphics after having played through ACU...

dex3108

I'm getting the review copy this afternoon, but even though I really want to play this game it will be a bit difficult to get back to old gen graphics after having played through ACU...

Based on NeoGAF comments ACU has PS2 graphics XD I don't know what are you talking about :D

Joeki11a

Banned

How if Desmond is dead, the point of that ended once Veronica Mars didnt Sign in
For more games.

Now they just parodying Ubisoft as Abstergo
Ent making video games smh silly crap. Worse they said you are now the main character smh.

If they were smart they would make a INITIATES story now for the new games, it has plenty of new characters in the modern realm.

Joeki11a

Banned

These comments are odd, I can play PS1 games after playing 4K pc games

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Based on NeoGAF comments ACU has PS2 graphics XD I don't know what are you talking about :D

Closer to PS1 actually, but yeah, well I wouldn't really believe many people on GAF when it comes to anything concerning Ubisoft ;)
These comments are odd, I can play PS1 games after playing 4K pc games

I know, but AC:U also introduces a lot of things I'm going to take for granted in terms of gameplay that Rogue won't have. I'm not sure I can go back to old-school tailing missions, for example.

TomShoe

Banned
Gat 'dang Next-genners, already trying to steal our exclusives, I tell ya hwut. Already took Persona, bet they have their eyes set on Borderlands 1.5 next.

dex3108

Closer to PS1 actually, but yeah, well I wouldn't really believe many people on GAF when it comes to anything concerning Ubisoft ;)

:D I am just kidding i am waiting GMG to send me my code so i can pre-load damn game :D

I know, but AC:U also introduces a lot of things I'm going to take for granted in terms of gameplay that Rogue won't have. I'm not sure I can go back to old-school tailing missions, for example.

Well i heard that you won't have issues with tailing missions in AC Rogue :D

DMiz

I'm still very curious to know what the development history of this game is. I always swing between whether it really was a planned project to cover the last generation of consoles while Unity was meant to push for the new generation (so that Ubi could theoretically cover both grounds, though whether that's a meaningful strategy in terms of cost and profit is questionable), or if the relentless schedule of annual Assassin's Creeds titles finally cracked and resulted in us getting two games this year.

Either way, I personally have no interest in getting both and will wait until the other one (or heck, even both) go down in price, though Unity is winning me over for now.

I personally that this game looks too similar to Black Flag, and the new systems more tedious, in the same way that AC2:R felt a bit draggy and... well, retired. Hope GAF can lend me some good impressions by the end of this week to decide whether or not I jump ship.

This is a big spoiler. As in ending spoilers, read at your your own risk.
Just the ending to Rogue is relevant to Unity. As Shay is the person who killed Arno's father. Amancio referred to it as a mystery so maybe Arno never finds out who did it.

Wait........shit. I read this thinking it was mostly going to do with Rogue.....do you find this out in Unity because if not then it's alright I looked.

Why in the heck would they make these games cross paths? Thats a bunch of crap, especially when you can only get the games in one place, besides PC. And they release on the same day????

Top Bottom