• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity, Pre-Order Trailer

Labadal

STOCKHOLM — November 11, 2014 — Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the fan-funded role-playing game (RPG) inspired by classics of the genre, is now available to pre-order from digital distributors everywhere with a discount available for early purchasers. Pre-orders of the game will also include special in-game bonus items – while fans who backed the game on Kickstarter will receive these extras free of charge.

Paradox and Obsidian have also announced that this week they plan to reveal a wide array of never-before-seen game content via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, Project Director for Pillars of Eternity, alongside popular gaming personality Jesse Cox. The live stream will air Thursday, November 13 at 1pm PST (22.00 CET) on the official Paradox Interactive Twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

Get a breathtaking glimpse at the beautiful world of Eora in a newly released trailer for Pillars of Eternity.

All pre-orders of Pillars of Eternity will receive a 10% discount (limited time offer) off of the game's full retail price and will include two secret, special in-game items. This discount and the in-game bonus offer are valid for both versions of the game, including the Hero Edition, which includes the full version of Pillars of Eternity, and the Champion Edition, which includes both the full game and a variety of premium bonuses:
A digital copy of the Pillars of Eternity Original Soundtrack (OST)
A digital campaign almanac containing backstory, lore, and information about Eora
Access to a documentary on the making of Pillars of Eternity
A high-resolution digital game map
High-resolution Pillars of Eternity wallpapers
Pillars of Eternity ringtones for mobile devices
Fans who pledged for a copy of Pillars of Eternity during the Kickstarter campaign will receive the pre-order in-game bonus items at no extra cost upon the game’s launch in 2015.

Pillars of Eternity is an RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, which features an original world and game system that evokes and improves upon the traditional computer RPG experience. Funded via Kickstarter in late 2012, raising $4.5 million through both backer pledges on Kickstarter and Obsidian’s own website, Pillars of Eternity has been a project of passion both for the development team and for the loyal fans who have made it possible.

To purchase Pillars of Eternity, visit buy.pillarsofeternity.com.

For more information on Pillars of Eternity, visit eternity.obsidian.net.

Trailer

10% OFF for a limited time /11th-24th November)

Hero Edition: $40.49 | £31.49 | €37.79 $44.99 | £34.99 | €41.99
BASE GAME
PRE-ORDER BONUSES
Mystery item #1
Mystery item #

Champion Edition: $53.99 | £40.49 | €49.49 $59.99 | £44.99 | €54.99
BASE GAME
DIGITAL ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN ALMANAC
THE "MAKING OF" DOCUMENTARY
DIGITAL HI-RES GAME MAP
WALLPAPERS
RINGTONES
PRE-ORDER BONUSES
Mystery item #1
Mystery item #

Backers get pre-order bonuses.

If you want to, you can pre-order from other places linked via the site.
STEAM
Paradox Store
Gamersgate
greenman gaming
gamasavr
Muve.pl
GOG.com

Minimum system requirements - Windows: Windows XP/Vista/7/8, Video Card: Model Shader 3 Compatible Video Card, 512 MB or better, Processor: 2.6 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor, RAM: 4GB RAM, Hard Drive: 25 GB Hard Drive Space, Mouse, Keyboard

Durante

What the fuck, it's a full priced game?! Weren't the KS tiers to get the game like $20?
Of course it's a full-priced game, what were you expecting?

The most basic non-early kickstarter tier was $25, but the idea of kickstarter for most games has always been that you get the game cheaper than on release, in return for supporting it early.

Reallink

Of course it's a full-priced game, what were you expecting?

The most basic non-early kickstarter tier was $25, but the idea of kickstarter for most games has always been that you get the game cheaper than on release, in return for supporting it early.

I thought it was going to be $29.99. Most KS's I've seen have only been $5 off the retail release.

terrisus

What the fuck, it's a full priced game?! Weren't the KS tiers to get the game like $20?

Should've put in toward the Kickstarter.

Still, it's easily going to be worth $60.

lol YES

we've finally reached "isometric WRPGs aren't worth full price"

Join 2D platformers and adventure games. There's certainly worse company.

No surprise.

I'm just glad Kickstarter exists, so we can actually get amazing games like this, as opposed to not getting it, or people going "Will wait for it to be $0.99 on a Steam sale" or something >.>

Sensuki

Neo Member
If anyone wants to get it cheaper you can ask a backer to buy you a key. They're going for $25 individually and $60 for 3 keys. I've already bought 1 GAFfer a key (6 total across the net), happy to do more.

Labadal

$25. It was for backing the game on Kickstarter. A lot of crowd funded games do it this way. Pillars of Eternity is not different.

Mmm, but I was told pre-order bonuses were created by evil publishers.

Most likely cosmetic stuff. I think the first item is a pet. Pets have no effect on gameplay, they just follow you around.

Reallink

$25. It was for backing the game on Kickstarter. A lot of crowd funded games do it this way. Pillars of Eternity is not different.

I honestly wasn't aware almost 50% off for backing was an established thing? Is Mighty Number 9 going to be $40 or $50 to? Have I dun goofed passing up these KS'ers?

Labadal

So as backers when do we choose what digital store we get it from?

My uneducated guess would be a few weeks or a month before release.

Reallink: Not all games, of course, but most of the big rpgs do it this way. Divinity and Wasteland 2 comes to mind. I do know most games have a higher release price after the Kickstarter release. (I know because I own a lot of KS games.)

Durante

I honestly wasn't aware almost 50% off for backing was an established thing? Is Mighty Number 9 going to be $40 or $50 to? Have I dun goofed passing up these KS'ers?
Wasteland 2 was $15 on Kickstarter, and you can buy it right now on Steam for €39.99.

Shadowrun Returns + Dragonfall is €30 on Steam now, you got both for $15 as a backer.

The boxed version will set neatly next to my boxed Wasteland 2 in an Ikea Detolf. This is going to be a classic I'll preserve for the ages.

terrisus

Oh, by the way, for an example of a Collector's Edition from another Kickstarter title - Shadowgate:

For anyone who got one of the physical reward tiers from the Kickstarter, your game box and such should be coming in around now!

The posters I had gotten before are elsewhere, but, here's what I received today:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Still need to take some time to really look through and appreciate everything, but initial reaction is - Everything is awesome! =)

Although, that was the $200 tier >.>

Worth every penny <3

This looks great. That Shadowgate packaging looks awesome, am I wrong to have skipped on that game? The aesthetic reminded me too much of hidden object games at first glance.

terrisus

This looks great. That Shadowgate packaging looks awesome, am I wrong to have skipped on that game? The aesthetic reminded me too much of hidden object games at first glance.

Yeah, it's nothing at all like the mediocre "hidden object" games which have populated shelves for the past decade or so.
It's a classic Point-and-Click Adventure game.

The most recent patch even adds an option to highlight all clickable/interactable objects in the room.
So, pixel hunting/hidden object definitely isn't the goal or a prominent feature of the game in the least.

I highly recommend it.
As a huge fan of the previous Shadowgate games, I absolutely love it.

Feel free to check out my review of it as well.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm so freaking excited for this. Kickstarted for $50, plus another $20 for the first expansion. I hope this game just hits it out of the park and Obsidian does really well with it and can make more like it. I want more old school style games like this and Torment. I would die for another Fallout or dare I say Arcanum in this style. I would put down stupid money for either of those, especially an Arcanum sequel/successor.

There's just something about Isometric, pre-rendered backdrops and everything that just feels so good. Especially with the detail and quality PoE is bringing to the table.

Labadal

Bumping because of new info in the press release. Check the bold part in the OT.

Smart move or stupid move to this close to Dragon Age: Inquisition release? Your call, good sir or lady.

Altazor

FUCK YES.

And the system specs are great! After spending some time with the Backer Beta, I thought my (aging) machine wasn't going to be able to run the full game after release... but the announcement quelled those fears. Hooray! :D

And the trailer looks delicious. Can't wait to explore more of the world beyond the Backer Beta <3

Sothpaw

Shouldn't this game show as "already in library" in Steam given that I have the backer beta? Given that I pledged that much, I shouldn't have to pay again correct?

If anyone wants to get it cheaper you can ask a backer to buy you a key. They're going for $25 individually and $60 for 3 keys. I've already bought 1 GAFfer a key (6 total across the net), happy to do more.

Do they come with the 2 mystery item as well?

Labadal

Shouldn't this game show as "already in library" in Steam given that I have the backer beta? Given that I pledged that much, I shouldn't have to pay again correct?

Backer Beta is a separate thing. You will get keys for the full game when we are close to release date.

Moff

can't wait to immerse myself in that world :)
I guess my steam beta will turn into the release game? or do I have to wait until my physical CE arrives?

Corto

Can't wait to get my box! I hope the maiI services are gentle with it and I get it unharmed. I would be devastated if I get it damaged.

Top Bottom