• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd |OT| I'll Miku-Miku GAF (For Reals)

pariah164

One day left (plus Grace Chen tine, sigh). I totally forgot Happiness & Peace of Mind Committee was part of the track list. Also, boo on them for bringing back Colorful x Melody and not Colorful x Sexy. Both are needed (and frankly, Colorful x Sexy is better).

Great OP!!!
I can't wait to play my copy this week, fingers crossed it will come tomorrow, but it'll most likely arrive on Wednesday.

So looking forward to this! My copy is on its way from Best Buy, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Glad I finished Bayonetta last night, this game will steal all of my time as soon as I get it. Even Smash and Pokemon later this week will probably sit untouched until I at least unlock everything on Extreme.

Didn't realize I could carry over modules from the first game, though. Guess I'm going to have to go on a shopping spree tonight!

Andrefpvs

Got this fully paid for, hopefully it arrives before Friday ._.

I have everything unlocked in PDf1 already so I can move all that stuff to PDF2 right when I get the game! Good times.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wait, is it just the DLC modules, or all the ones you can unlock in-game in F/f that transfer over to 2nd? Because if it's the in-game ones as well, that's a cool bonus for having save data from the first game.

Edit: OP makes it sound like it's in-game due to the save data. Awesome, I didn't get many chances to use the costumes in f, so I can use them in 2nd now.

Gamerloid

Where's Cat Food? I wanted to play that again.

Sadly I'm not sure if I'm getting this or not. I can only get one, so it's either Destiny's DLC or this.

Kinsei

Banned
Just a quick question. Can you transfer data from the PS3 version of Project Diva F to the Vita version of this? I've tried the demo of the first and don't like using the touch screen for notes so I wanted to get the PS3 version of F and then get the Vita version of this.

ChrisD

Been playing my PS3 and Vita review copies since last week and having a blast. There are very few games that could cause me to pull any time from my review copy of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, but that's Miku for you!

My GameXplain video review is published here if anyone's interested!

I watched that a few nights ago at about 3 in the morning. I thought I was out of it when I heard you repeat the same things twice, but I wasn't. For once. It's around the six minute mark if memory serves correctly.

pariah164

Yes! I already have the first game (and really like it), but I want Triple Baka much more than a bunch of songs that are not Triple Baka.
Or, y'know, you could buy the game and say you support the franchise, thus increasing the chances of future releases coming stateside - or being made at all. Which will increase the likelihood of Triple Baka being included. This is why we can't have nice things.

Also, Hoshikuzu Utopia needs to be DLC. My favorite Luka song.

I watched that a few nights ago at about 3 in the morning. I thought I was out of it when I heard you repeat the same things twice, but I wasn't. For once. It's around the six minute mark if memory serves correctly.

Thanks! Yeah, only the script and audio are mine; Derrick put the actual video together, and he made the goof you mentioned. It's a small thing, though. The point still comes across; Project DIVA F 2nd is awesome!

Redhood

I would just like to thank sega for releasing the demo of the first game. This made me try out the game and recently putting it on sale which made me buy it, play it, love it and be addicted to it and I am buying the new one day zero. Otherwise would had passed on this gem.

Nice to see an OT, I can't wait for Friday (EU peasant here, we always get games later :/)

I'm a bit disappointed with the track list for this game, but I guess all that Miku focus was expected. Too bad I don't really like Miku's voice, it's too high pitched (I wish they would add songs like this, it's high pitched but it's tuned really well so I don't mind Miku's voice that much), but the game is absolutely fantastic and hey, Meiko has an amazing song in it so all's good :p

pariah164

Too bad I don't really like Miku's voice, it's too high pitched (I wish they would add songs like this, it's high pitched but it's tuned really well so I don't mind Miku's voice that much), but the game is absolutely fantastic and hey, Meiko has an amazing song in it so all's good :p
You know what's up.

luminous

I'm a bit disappointed with the track list for this game, but I guess all that Miku focus was expected. Too bad I don't really like Miku's voice, it's too high pitched (I wish they would add songs like this, it's high pitched but it's tuned really well so I don't mind Miku's voice that much), but the game is absolutely fantastic and hey, Meiko has an amazing song in it so all's good :p

Yesssssss @ that song. I'd die to have anything by Tiara in a PjD game.

How come we don't have anything by GigaP in a PjD game though. He's God reincarnated as a VocaloP.

GWX

Or, y'know, you could buy the game and say you support the franchise, thus increasing the chances of future releases coming stateside - or being made at all. Which will increase the likelihood of Triple Baka being included. This is why we can't have nice things.

Also, Hoshikuzu Utopia needs to be DLC. My favorite Luka song.

Whoa man, I'm all for Miku games being released stateside, and I'm happy SEGA is bringing the goods (Diva f 2nd and Mirai). I won't buy this one, though, at least not right now - I'm still enjoying the first one and I don't have space avaliable in the memory card anyway (fucking Sony). Loads of great games to buy this month also, I can't handle everything.

Still, if Triple Baka was included, I'd move it upwards in my list. I mean, it's fucking Triple Baka.

quick edit: on an unrelated note, my favorite song in the first one: World's End Umbrella. So complex!

Booooo! Best Buy won't let me pre-order this game and do in store pickup only shipping. Guess i'll have to do things the old fashion way and find the game in store and wait in a normal line. First world problems lol.

You know what's up.

Of course, Meiko is probably my favourite one out of Crypton Vocaloids along with Luka. I can see the pattern as both are more mature voices. I was absolutely disheartened when I heard what they chose for Meiko in PDF/f, those songs were so high pitched :(

Yesssssss @ that song. I'd die to have anything by Tiara in a PjD game.

How come we don't have anything by GigaP in a PjD game though. He's God reincarnated as a VocaloP.

GigaP songs are really nice, but my favourite ones all include Gumi so either they pull a Mirai and include her in future PD games or I'm stuck with nothing :/

Yuuichi

Way to poor to pick this up on launch, will have to do so later to support Mullen and the Crew.

That said, I somehow didn't hear about the stick scratch on vita so I got my Japanese copy running again (good old PSV account rotation) and I'm shaking off the rust for the hard stuff. So I'll lurk here and pretend mine's in English.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Way to poor to pick this up on launch, will have to do so later to support Mullen and the Crew.

That said, I somehow didn't hear about the stick scratch on vita so I got my Japanese copy running again (good old PSV account rotation) and I'm shaking off the rust for the hard stuff. So I'll lurk here and pretend mine's in English.

The thing about the first one is that I was confused with people using the English names for songs. lol

Novocaine

Got my physical version pre-ordered. Got to wait until the 27th though in Australia :(

Went into EB Games and they didn't even have it listed. What the fuck EB? Oh well JB got my money.

First PDF game is one of my very few platinum trophies, and one of the biggest surprise "holy fuck this game is rad" moments this year.

Yuuichi

Also, to the people who saw the gotta go fast part of Gekishou, it's not even the hardest song, and is comparatively easy to clear compared to 2d Dream Fever and Two Faced Lovers.

The only song harder than the stuff in this game is the original Gekishou chart from 2nd#. Hell itself begins at ~1:40. Requires hands of steel to play.

This game is easily the hardest of the series, I hope you're all ready.

pariah164

My body is ready.

hatsune_miku_gif_02_by_lettysinisterr-d59jn1q.gif

Yuuichi

The EX chart for Gekishou in PD 2nd was beyond stupid, oh man. I actually broke a PSP playing this chart because of all of the button mashing. D: Who thought that was a good idea???

I've had the game for YEARS and I still haven't beaten it, I just gave up after a while.

Jindrael

Banned
Also, to the people who saw the gotta go fast part of Gekishou, it's not even the hardest song, and is comparatively easy to clear compared to 2d Dream Fever and Two Faced Lovers.

The only song harder than the stuff in this game is the original Gekishou chard from 2nd#. Hell itself begins at ~1:40. Requires hands of steel to play.

2D Dream Fever was the real challenge for me, took almost 3 weeks to finally get through this song on extreme =/

The only song harder than the stuff in this game is the original Gekishou chart from 2nd#. Hell itself begins at ~1:40. Requires hands of steel to play.

I don't agree on Two Faced Lovers being more difficult than the other two. I cleared the former on my first attempt; not so for the latter.

I've cleared the original Gekishou chart, but not with a score to be proud of. I've seen drummers and people who play drum-based music games make short work of it without breaking a sweat though; the original chart caters well to those who are already used to doing rolls.

Deciding between buying this or just waiting for IA/VT Colorful.

You would be waiting a long, long time since the game missed its release date with no certain new release date beyond it not happening this year.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does this work on Playstation TV? Disappointed to see that the first game doesn't, but I guess the touchscreen requirement messes it up and they aren't likely to patch that out if they can sell you the sequel..

Yuuichi

I don't agree on Two Faced Lovers being more difficult than the other two. I cleared the former on my first attempt; not so for the latter.

I consider Gekishou easier because it's only gimmick is "how fast can you react", while Two Faced is entirely technical skill and and 2D Dream Fever is the PD edition of "How many gimmicks can we put in one song". Gekishou is the only one of the three I can clear on demand.

Top Bottom