• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U |OT| True Potential of Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 9pm, I'll post unlock methods for all the stages and all the CDs I have so far through Challenges for those of you who want to start getting everything ASAP.

Going to try to record a few more videos before that too, even though it's sorta pointless now since you guys will all have the game soon anyway. Still, any requests?

dankir

So this will be my first smash game.

I have a Wii U Tablet, Pro controller, Wii pro controller, 3DS XL and Wii motes.

I can use them all as controllers? Amazing.

I also have my old gamecube controllers still, I see the adaptor for sale at Bestbuy, worth the purchase?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
At 9pm, I'll post unlock methods for all the stages and all the CDs I have so far through Challenges for those of you who want to start getting everything ASAP.

Going to try to record a few more videos before that too, even though it's sorta pointless now since you guys will all have the game soon anyway. Still, any requests?

Can you post a quick way to unlock duck hunt (other than matches numbers)

Did you get that PM I sent you?

I can't wait to settle it in Smash (again). Great OT.

tumblr_mt4rpgjKNb1qzp9weo1_500.gif

Yes! Thank you, Ash!

I have a Wii U Tablet, Pro controller, Wii pro controller, 3DS XL and Wii motes.

I also have my old gamecube controllers still, I see the adaptor for sale at Bestbuy, worth the purchase?

The XL requires a copy of Smash 3DS, for the record.

Clefargle

Thanks Ash! Keep up the great content, you guys have the best coverage of this game out there.

Vecks

If you are planning on having a big group play, then sure. Wii motes/nunchucks work (and I've seen some people prefer it), but it's much better with a typical gamepad IMO.

Damn, trying to download the preload data(12gb) and it says about 36hrs :/

Usually my WiiU downloads are slow, but never this slow(I have a 65mbps connection). Could it be that their servers are getting some strain now from people like me?

Can you post a quick way to unlock duck hunt (other than matches numbers)

I would be happy to, but honestly I have no frickin' clue how I unlocked any of the characters. Strangely enough, my first character unlock was Lucina, not Falco. (Falco came after.)

If it helps, though, Duck Hunt was surprisingly just my third character unlock (after completing an Event, I think), so it certainly didn't take me very long to get them.

It took me surprisingly long to get Dr. Mario, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch, though (10-15 hours). I guess it's how I've been playing, but that surprised me.

My guess is that the fastest way to get the characters will be to game the system by playing a bunch of 1-stock sudden death matches in VS. Smash, if that even works in the Wii U version.

Did you get that PM I sent you?

Yep, I just responded to you! Really sorry about that, I'm not good at remembering to check my GAF PMs.

mo60

Wrote my NNID in that google doc. I will not be able to play until the 11th because of I have a lot of university stuff to deal with in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks Ash! Keep up the great content, you guys have the best coverage of this game out there.

So odd to get one 64 stage.

I really hope we at least get some past stage DLC packs.

Agreed. I would pay pretty much whatever they asked for DLC stage packs that have any of the following:

- Pirate Ship
- Frigate Orpheon
- Spear Pillar
- Fountain of Dreams
- Corneria
- Hyrule Castle
- Saffron City
- Sector Z
- Yoshi's Island 64
- Kingdom II

Wish I could buy a Wii U this instant... I'll have to stick with the 3DS version for now. :(

Blech. The 3DS version was fun after you get used to the controls but despite playing that for about 10 hours, it made me even more hyped for the Wii U version. It feels almost like I didn't really play Smash 4.

DodgeDusk

Ash, if possible, do you mind PMing me the answer to my question I asked you yesterday (the Fire Emblem trophy one)? I'll be in bed by the time 9pm PST comes across

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Exactly one week left until the EU release.

uI0mr7c.gif

Anyway, I wish lots of fun to you NA players out there! :)

LMAO amazing gif! XD

I'm so hyped, I skipped the 3DS release so I cannot WAIT until tomorrow! Planning on maining Kirby again like I have every game since 64!

This is peculiar - I've been talking with Andre and, after spawning hundreds of Assist Trophies in training mode, he's still not gotten either Starman or Jeff to appear. I haven't been spawning ATs, but I've not seen Jeff at all either in the course of normal play and I've only seen Starman once. I wonder if the Mother ATs are rarer for some reason?

Ash, if possible, do you mind PMing me the answer to my question I asked you yesterday (the Fire Emblem trophy one)? I'll be in bed by the time 9pm PST comes across

Sure, but I only have like two or three Fire Emblem trophies so far and I think they were both in the 3DS version too, so my answer won't be very interesting. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I would be happy to, but honestly I have no frickin' clue how I unlocked any of the characters. Strangely enough, my first character unlock was Lucina, not Falco. (Falco came after.)

If it helps, though, Duck Hunt was surprisingly just my third character unlock (after completing an Event, I think), so it certainly didn't take me very long to get them.

Thanks!

Your avatar is Kawaii!

XD Thank you!

DodgeDusk

Sure, but I only have like two or three Fire Emblem trophies so far and I think they were both in the 3DS version too, so my answer won't be very interesting. :(
I see. If that is indeed the case, maybe you'll mysteriously unlock some more within in the next few hours :L No matter the results, thanks anyway

Well, this is lame. I was going to buy the digital version from best buy with the GCU discount, but it doesn't apply to digital stuff...

Revven

This is peculiar - I've been talking with Andre and, after spawning hundreds of Assist Trophies in training mode, he's still not gotten either Starman or Jeff to appear. I haven't been spawning ATs, but I've not seen Jeff at all either in the course of normal play and I've only seen Starman once. I wonder if the Mother ATs are rarer for some reason?

Ash can you check if Sandbags still drop items if you hit them? Important for custom move farming potential in stage builder stages.

Ash can you check if Sandbags still drop items if you hit them? Important for custom move farming potential in stage builder stages.

Indeed! Yeah, I'll check for sure in a bit, but I'm pretty sure Sandbags still drop items. But you can't place conveyor belts in custom stages anymore, so I'm not sure how useful that'll be for farming custom moves and CDs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom