• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V Roster Discussion: P-P-P-P-PATTERN BREAKER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urien and Gill are Greek. They resemble ancient olympian athletes and their fighting style is based on pankration (with pillar men influences on their special abilities).

Mista Koo

Should've picked more standard racial categories, for instance (the stupid) US census:

rgW9GGm.png

Btw I only recently found out Ken was part Asian, didn't realize he was barely white till now lol.

Remember what I said about the Dubai reveal possibly being the Dubai World Games Expo in November? Scratch that, Ono actually meant Games 15 in Dubai, which is happening on September 15.

Ono's going to be there on the 11th

Now, he’ll be attending #GAMES15 to showcase Street Fighter V, carrying an exclusive SFV treat! Join him on our stage on Friday September 11th at 4PM to be among the first in the world to witness this live reveal

Which makes sense as September 15th is when Sony's holding their TGS conference, and i'd expect him to be there for that.

Do we know when the reveal for PAX is going to happen? The only Street Fighter related event on the PAX schedule is a USF4 tournament taking place Sunday night.

Pompadour

Do we know when the reveal for PAX is going to happen? The only Street Fighter related event on the PAX schedule is a USF4 tournament taking place Sunday night.

Do we know if SFV will be playable at the event? If so, I'd expect the trailer soon as they will probably have that character playable in the build there.

pizzacat

Banned
Speculation at this point is futile. Like the thread title says we are wrong. They can announce Urien tomorrow or they could announce Mika and Karin as a tag team character at pax or a new one who knows, Capcom is insano rifht now

Yeah, it could be a reveal like Bison and Vega where they came out of nowhere. But that would be a weird way to reveal Mika since she's been such a requested character.

PAX reveal?

Cardboard Tube Ninja as guest character?

Ono has just teased it as "At last i've got my wish". BobbyRoberts found a couple of quotes from Ono talking about how much he'd been begging the SF4 director to include Mika, so people are thinking it could be her.

Pompadour

Good to see even if expected.

So what are the chances that the Siliconera rumors are true? We got 10 characters now, 3 more as completely new, so the remaining 3 could be Alex, Urien, and Karin. That color coded chart could have been misleading.

Yep, confirmed.

20880964265_f92ecc77d5_z.jpg

20259937413_1db29d5dfa_z.jpg
I'm positively beaming right now, one of my major concerns was that they'd make her look awful but she actually looks ok there :3
Could've done without them lowering her top but I'll live and she's even brought a microphone with her this time :D

Geminosity vindicated!

Time to open the salt mines and let it all flow <3
Haha thanks. I normally don't share anything so this is one of the incredibly rare times I've actually made any insider knowledge public... not that "Mika is in the game" is much to share :p

Scotia

Banned
Good to see even if expected.

So what are the chances that the Siliconera rumors are true? We got 10 characters now, 3 more as completely new, so the remaining 3 could be Alex, Urien, and Karin. That color coded chart could have been misleading.

I'm torn between it being Urien in the blue space with Mika, Nash and Birdie with Alex and Karin for DLC or the blue space representing Alpha characters and Karin is the last space there with the green representing numbered SF games with Urien and Alex filling the rest of the green. Or I could be completely wrong.

So, if we're still assuming the colours mean something I'm guessing we can probably agree that the section with Birdie and Charlie is an 'alpha' section now? :p

Scotia

Banned
So, if we're still assuming the colours mean something I'm guessing we can probably agree that the section with Birdie and Charlie is an 'alpha' section now? :p

I'm starting to lean towards that now. Maybe we were all thrown off and green is actually numbered SF characters, not just SF2 characters?

Pompadour

The colors be bullshit or the "SF2" section could be "Everyone not brand new or from Alpha" section.

No characters from III at launch would be too cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom