• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Akai__

I have a good feeling about this one. It's been a while since the last one. I feel like more testing could have taken place.

There's 2 possibilities here. 1st being, that it took them so long, because most of the team was on holidays or 2nd being, that it's really a big patch and like you said more testing could have taken place.

I'm staying sceptical, until 343i proves me wrong.

Also, after all the patching is done, they still need to update the maps to the current versions and fix some spawning issues, across all games. Some maps could use to be rebalanced weapon wise (and equipment wise in Halo 3).

Akai__

QaOFkdf.png

It says I've done them all ingame.

Aw man, that sucks.

Now it's either a guessing game or you have to go through most of them again. :(

Toa TAK

Banned
I find it funny that, if we want to rewatch the cutscenes for H2A, we have to go to Halo Channel and stream them.

I mean, wtf?

Yeah, that's really trivial. I know they want the Halo Channel app to be used and all, but that's just horrid.

Same for the rest of the cutscenes. I guess a cutscene library would've broken the game even more.

Overdoziz

Banned
I find it funny that, if we want to rewatch the cutscenes for H2A, we have to go to Halo Channel and stream them.

I mean, wtf?
It's because the entire app is pretty much worthless and they want to justify its existence with nonsense like that. It's also somehow even clunkier to use than the old Waypoint app.

Fuchsdh

I wonder if they'd have the power overhead on the Xbone to do that and keep a 1080p/60fps image (otherwise it would be a downgrade from the MCC version).

Maybe on the Xbox 3 xD

Well that'll also be two years down the line with a presumably much better optimized system, so it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

But I dunno if they'll actually do it either. H1 and H2 are in a different league to me (especially since they were XB1 games.)

On an unrelated note I can now say I have played a game where AR starts bothered me. We were thoroughly stomped by a team that grabbed BR and sniper at spawn on Isolation. There was no coming back after that, even though we actually started getting some decent coordination by the end.

I can see the H3 Anniversary easily being a TU/DLC hybrid for the MCC.

The MCC and Halo Channel are really delivering on the promise of Halo Waypoint for having a real hub for Halo players; I definitely hope they'll continue that trend.

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah.

I hope all future remakes/remasters/ports are just DLC for the MCC.

I feel like it would be better to keep it all in one place, so to speak, instead of having to buy H3 Anniversary, when H3 is already here. Plus, ODST is being added. Might as well test out our One's memory space.

Sephzilla

I'm torn on the idea of Halo 3 Anniversary being an add-on for MCC. On the one hand, it makes a shitload of sense. On the other hand, I'd like to have a disc copy.

Granted I wanted a disc copy of MCC and that game is mostly digital now anyway.

Toa TAK

Banned
I'm torn on the idea of Halo 3 Anniversary being an add-on for MCC. On the one hand, it makes a shitload of sense. On the other hand, I'd like to have a disc copy.

Granted I wanted a disc copy of MCC and that game is mostly digital now anyway.

I think they'll do both anyways. DLC have been released as discs before, and H3A would probably get the same treatment. Being a standalone game, but also having a code for MCC or something.

Sephzilla

I think they'll do both anyways. DLC have been released as discs before, and H3A would probably get the same treatment. Being a standalone game, but also having a code for MCC or something.

That would be the most ideal scenario in my opinion. Buy a disc copy of Halo 3 Anniversary and on the inside of the box there's a little sheet that says "Already own Master Chief Collection? Enter this code to access download Halo 3 Anniversary as a MCC add-on"

Omni

But yeah. I don't want a Halo 3 Anniversary. At least any time soon. Even on this generation of console would be pushing it, IMO.

The first two games I understand. But there's absolutely nothing wrong Halo 3 at this point. In fact it probably has the cleanest picture in the MCC and has the most stable framerate. I'd much rather 343i focus on a Halo Wars sequel or something completely new.

The first two games I understand. But there's absolutely nothing wrong Halo 3 at this point.
QugOO31.jpg

But yeah. I don't want a Halo 3 Anniversary. At least any time soon. Even on this generation of console would be pushing it, IMO.

The first two games I understand. But there's absolutely nothing wrong Halo 3 at this point. In fact it probably has the cleanest picture in the MCC and has the most stable framerate. I'd much rather 343i focus on a Halo Wars sequel or something completely new.
This is also incorrect. When I was speedrunning with a gaffer the framerate was call over the place. We even brought it to single digits at one point.

Toa TAK

Banned

It probably wouldn't even be 343i, it would be outsourced probably. =\

But nah, I think the faces could use a touch up at least. The lighting that was tweaked really makes the faes look worse. There's one marine who's pale white during gameplay.

Omni

QugOO31.jpg

This is also incorrect. When I was speedrunning with a gaffer the framerate was call over the place. We even brought it to single digits at one point.

Just going by what I remember from the Digital foundry review. H3 has the most consistent framerate in the collection, IIRC.

As for Hood. Eh. You see him for like 2 minutes in the entire game. Other faces aren't as bad. They're not exactly perfect, obviously, haha. But personally I don't think it's so much of a big issue that it necessitates a remake.

The game is still beautiful.

psychotron

Just going by what I remember from the Digital foundry review. H3 has the most consistent framerate in the collection, IIRC.

As for Hood. Eh. You see him for like 2 minutes in the entire game. Other faces aren't as bad. They're not exactly perfect, obviously, haha. But personally I don't think it's so much of a big issue that it necessitates a remake.

The game is still beautiful.

I was underwhelmed playing CE and H2:A, but playing through 3 again was a joy, aside form the checkpoint saving bug. The graphics look really good for just being upscaled to 1080, and it does hold the framerate well. The first 2/3rds of the game are probably my favorite Halo levels ever.

Sephzilla

I would be okay with Halo 3 Anniversary but Halo 3 doesn't need as many touch ups as Halo 2 needed. Definitely could use some work on the faces. I personally wouldn't mind if the general color of the game was given a little more contrast (for some reason I've always thought Halo 3 looked a tad washed out compared to the others).

HTupolev

(for some reason I've always thought Halo 3 looked a tad washed out compared to the others).
It is. MCC's Halo 3 uses an extremely squished brightness curve compared with the 360 version. I've been playing the 360 version lately, and despite the large IQ and framerate disadvantage, I actually kinda think it looks better. (And sounds better, especially with headphones. MCC's Halo 3 audio is poorly balanced and missing some filtering.)

dwells

Do we have any writers in here? A competently-written letter signed by the GAF, reddit, and other Halo communities and sent to the higher-ups at Microsoft might actually prompt some sort of real reply. Something which makes it clear that the current state of the game is unacceptable for reasons beyond matchmaking, and that the piecemeal "patch of the week" approach is insufficient and unsatisfactory.

It should be possible to get the direct email addresses of Phil Spencer and other heads of public relation, management, Microsoft Game Studios, Xbox, etc. and have it go out to all of them. There's also the possibility of having some of the gaming sites pick up the story of the communities banding together behind an open letter.

This may be our best bet to prompt some sort of real discussion and solution about this game. 343's PR-speak empty promises are just not cutting it, and it's time for something more and at a level above their heads.

dwells

They're doing a Team Hardcore Halo 2 only playlist while the netcode is still broken and the BR is utterly worthless outside of close range. Just goes to show how incredibly out-of-touch they are.

Screw it, this game is hopeless.

Akai__

Posted at 4:20PM. Someone at 343i was blazing it.

Jokes aside, these "updates" don't tell us much. People aren't posting them, because these aren't real patch notes. Telling us that additional playlists are comming is nice, but these playlist aren't worth anything, if we can't find matches in first place.

Posted at 4:20PM. Someone at 343i was blazing it.

Jokes aside, these "updates" don't tell us much. People aren't posting them, because these aren't real patch notes. Telling us that additional playlists are comming is nice, but these playlist aren't worth anything, if we can't find matches in first place.
There's not many people posting in this thread anyways. Mostly just used for people to pop in, see that the game is still broken, and leave.

BTails

There's not many people posting in this thread anyways. Mostly just used for people to pop in, see that the game is still broken, and leave.

Yup, that's about right. Played some good rounds of SWAT with my buddy yesterday though (2-Player Split-screen online). Long matchmaking waits, but beer and good company helped pass the time.

Madness

Halo 3 Anniversary 2017.

Believe.

Who would honestly want a Halo 3 Anniversary? Unlike CE and 2, Halo 3 was still new enough that it didn't look like ass. Plus, the game is still playable on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Unless there is a new Xbox for sale in 2017, what's the point? Halo 3 campaign is already 1080p, 60fps and with better lighting/shaders. Don't get me wrong, it's one of my favorite campaigns, but enough is enough. The schtick has worn out, especially after MCC.

You couldn't play CE multiplayer with Anniversary, and Halo 2 was no longer playable on Xbox Live. But Halo 3, it went free for Xbox 360, and is part of the MCC.

BTails

Well, no Halo for me tonight. Sat for 20 min trying to get into a SWAT game, no luck. So I figured I'd play a round or 2 of Halo 3. Puts me in a CTF match, but crashes the game while loading the map.

No parties, no splitscreen, just one guy trying to matchmake. This game is a joke.

HTupolev

Halo 3 campaign is already 1080p, 60fps and with better lighting/shaders.
Maybe one day I'll learn what the hell that comment referred to.

I haven't noticed a whole lot of shading changes, but the only things that have caught my eye have been problems.

I know a lot of people seem to be having problems, but man...

-I've played this game a few hours every night since Christmas and I have gotten into games non-stop with maybe 1 or 2 games ending early.

-Played through 95% of the campaign missions without a single glitch, not one!

-frame rate has been pretty damn solid, besides H4 campaign

So far, so good. I honestly give the game a 10/10 from personal experience.

Madness

I haven't noticed a whole lot of shading changes, but the only things that have caught my eye have been problems.

Mine? I'm just saying that 343 said the game had improved lighting and shaders. I also couldn't tell you exactly where I can notice a change, but the game does look pretty great for its age.

Here is one huge problem that I don't know if they fixed yet.

vcHgg2P.jpg

dwells

It sure would've been nice if instead of just saying "improved lighting!," 343 actually posted some comparisons and explained what they changed.

Then again, they appear to be completely incapable of even the tiniest bit of transparency or respect for their customers.

I dont think the game is hopeless, I really really dont. I have 100% faith itll be fixed

What I do think is we are talking more like a few months rather than a few weeks for that to happen. If last nights "update" on what this patch is gonna contain is really all its going to contain, I think the truth of the matter is we are just so SO far away from it working.

Xis

Anybody mind pasting it here? Site is blocked at my work.

"Our next content update, which includes updates to UI and a variety of other areas, remains on track for delivery later this week. Additionally, final tests are underway for the Halo 4 and Team Hardcore playlists, and we are aiming to make these available within the next few days. Team Hardcore will launch with Halo 2 Classic variants only, and Halo 3 maps and game types will be integrated in a future update. Other fan favorite playlists are also in the works, including Team Snipers, Team Doubles, an objective-only playlist, and more.

Additional content updates are on the way, and will include added improvements for matchmaking, parties, and other top community items. Please stay tuned to this thread for updates."

Top Bottom