• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your Grand Theft Auto VI Wishlist

Hmm no, this is not how you write a coherent story and the amount of recording (not only audio but mo-cap too) doesn't allow you to do that. You don't play the Sims.

Yeah, i'm not sure how anyone that's played GTA could think that would be a good idea for the series. This is not Saints Row where your gender, race, appearance etc. really doesn't make any difference in the game world. All of that stuff matters in GTA as other characters will bring them up in conversations. It's why they'll never make a GTA single player with a character creator.

Posted a version of this in the OT.

FvXEIz4.jpg

It'd be refreshing to see them venture outside of their comfort zone, but R* doesn't seem like they'll ever want to leave America. So if they choose to keep GTA in the states, I reckon it's possible (If not natural) for them to finally attempt to recreate the entire USA.

Azriell

The thing I would like to see most is probably a deal with someone to provide more music. If they could find a way to make spotify work, for example. If Microsoft's music thing (don't they have something with Zune music or whatever that turned into?) or Sony's music labels could be brought in as a console exclusive content, it would be an insane get for exclusivity.

Realistically, I'd like to see:

• Better Aiming/Shooting
  • Vice City or new location
  • Return of the multi-character switching system, with even more resources dumped into interesting and entertaining intros when you switch
  • Better radio stations for people who don't like rap (classic rock, in particular. R* also needs to get better about music sorting. Why is 80s pop in with modern pop? Why is the only place to listen to CCR on the country station? If these songs can't be isolated to one station, then go ahead and put them on both stations).

I don't care if they have a female protagonist or not. Personally, I don't want one if she's just going to be "one of the boys." If they're going to put in a female protagonist, it should be a meaningful decision. It should not simply be there to appease the masses, nor should it serve as only a checked box.

I hope R* seperates the mp from the sp next time. They showed what GTAO is all about, it was an ambitious vision. I think seperating GTA from GTAO would be mutually beneficial to both.

Screenboy

Set in London or a fictional England. Later on in the game you realise you can fly a plane across the ocean to the equivalent of America and get the channel tunnel to a fictional Paris/Europe.

90s theme would be pretty good.

Paasei

Pretty much what most of the people here already said.

- Europe
- 70s - 90s setting.
- Make boats necessary
- Map size an entire country (if possible, pick a smaller one).

It'd be refreshing to see them venture outside of their comfort zone, but R* doesn't seem like they'll ever want to leave America. So if they choose to keep GTA in the states, I reckon it's possible (If not natural) for them to finally attempt to recreate the entire USA.

It took them 5 years for a city the size of LS. A handcrafted US isn't possible in a reasonable timeframe, and procedurally generating it would remove all of the little things that made LS so good.

Coflash

I only wish that they continue doing what they do best without pandering to any group of people, no matter how big or small.

But after this many games, I already know that they'll do just that.

masteratt

Not unless the game comes out in 15 years or Rockstar sacrifices quality of their world building (which won't happen).

I only wish that they continue doing what they do best without pandering to any group of people, no matter how big or small.

But after this many games, I already know that they'll do just that.

+1.

I miss the Rockstar who went away, and then came back with something amazing. Now it feels like they are listening to us too much. Don't, Rockstar.

Female protagonist
Destructible environments (to an extent)
Like I don't mean every building but it's a bit immersion breaking when you can stack a house with explosives and then have nothing happen.

Malreyn

Female protagonist...and well written, not some gender swap like Saints Row "The Boss"...put some real effort into it making the character interesting.

Coflash

If a female protagonist fits within their narrative, then they'll add one. They won't add one simply because a certain group of people make enough noise.

Javin98

Banned
-Hot and badass female protagonist
-Being able to access interiors of buildings
-Bigger map
-Larger variety of wildlife with prey-predator AI(like Far Cry 3 & 4)
-Heists in free form play
-Better gunplay and driving mechanics
-Smoother frame rate
I may be asking for too much here but most of them seem doable. BTW, does anyone else want the next game to be set in San Fierro/Las Venturas?

Oppo

I really like the Hawaii idea, that's great.

(also apparently it doesn't matter what Rockstsr says, people will bleat about "set it in Europe" endlessly. it's not about that!)

Imagine if they tackled a modern day Florida? It'd be fantastic and they could also get the soundtrack from Vice City on there as an excuse for even more music.

First thing they need to do is Max Payne 3 style shooting and animations, why in the goddamn fuck they didn't do it that way(instead going for some GTA/RDR hybrid with a touch of MP3ish locomotion...I mean fuck, go all the way!) for GTAV is fucking beyond me.

TimmmV

I like it when GTA games are set in a distinct era. I loved the 80s look and sounds of Vice City and the 90s satire in GTA: San Andreas.

GTA games set in the "now" just seem to lack a bit of umph for me. I think Rockstar do their best work when their recreating an era/ethos (GTA:VC, GTA:SA, RDR, LA Noire (Team Bondi))

So long story short I'd like GTA 6 to be set in the 20s/30s/60s/70s or 80s. Hell I'd settle for a futuristic setting over a modern day one.

I was thinking this. As well as the gameplay, GTA is also about satirising a specific period of American culture (which is also why I don't think GTA would really work in London/Europe now). The 70s would be perfect for the next one. Theres plenty of material they could use from that time too - drug/hippy culture, stuff from the French connection (the drug story, or the car chases), the Vietnam war, Watergate/Nixon, the cold war, the space race, there is a load of music from the time they could put on the radio, and there is plenty of films to get inspiration from too (star wars!)

Im sure there is more that could be thought of, but imo it seems the best time to do the next gta

Auctopus

I always liked the idea that someone posted on here of having a dual narrative 'Vice City'.

1st character set in the 80s, glitz and seedy glamour, everything people loved about PS2 VC.

2nd character set in modern day Vice City: run down, drug business is still thriving but splintered, following a narrative that links back to the one in the 80s.

photogaz

While I wouldn't want it set in the city, but Id love the ability to travel to Vegas.

GTA 6 should be bigger than V. Multi city is the way to do it.

70's San Fransisco.

More Grass.
This would be great, plus going through Oregon, Washington and then if possible, maybe make it just country with some side missions, but going through Vancouver up to Alaska in Winter would be amazing!

I think Chicago would be kind of cool too, but in that really the only cities around their is Minneapolis/SP, Milwaukee and Detroit, I don't know what you would do? Maybe in the hay day of building cars and and the prohibition era in that era and location might be cool.

Coolluck

By natural do you mean feasible because a game of that size with the amount of detail that GTA has would be insanely expensive to develop.

[Everything from GTA V]

+

1) A story
2) A good antagonist
3) Better consequences for your actions. (not a Telltale like story, but just having your actions have an actual consequence on the world)

For new features and things I don't need a new game. There is so much untapped potential from GTAV and Los Santos that I'd be happy if they keep building on that world for the time being. I don't want anything removed from GTAV -> VI like we got with GTA:SA -> GTAIV, where things were removed "because we didn't picture the protagonist doing them," or whatever.

-Setting as a miniature USA, like Pilotwings 64
-No more of that character switching nonsense.
-Real time bank/house robbing online
-Segmented world that you unlock, like classic GTA
-Get United Front Games to develop the melee combat, because Rockstar doesn't know what they are doing

IKizzLE

I want the entire island of Hawaii modeled.
Wildlife, active volcanoes, natural disasters.
Full weather and day and night cycle.
Bigger opportunity for more out doorsey type things.

It'll never happen, but as long as we're rubbing lamps I'd like the script and story to be written by someone other than Dan Houser. Hands-down the worst part of an otherwise incredible game.

That's pretty much the only thing I want them to change.

Keep multiple characters -- I think this was the best addition to the gameplay since it went 3D.

They seem wedded to having cellphones / GPS / fake internet and setting VI in a pre-smart phone decade would pose a lot of challenges. But if they wanted to go this route, my vote would be for a game set in the 1970s. It could be fun relying on payphones, newspapers, snail mail etc.

EYEL1NER

My only major thing I have on my wishlist is a custom radio station where you can edit which tracks you can play. Saint's Row has been doing that since day one, I believe. It's absurd to me too that they wouldn't have had the option in IV or V, considering the modern setting and the prevalence of MP3 players in the real world.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Hopefully rockstar up's their game on the mechanics.

I don't want a racing game but the driving mechanics really can use an upgrade same for shooting or walking. While I get it's open world and derives a lot from various genres the feel just isn't there console or pc when it could and should be.

Rockstar really needs to build the title with the thought in mind people want things to do after the main content. They have been slipping on this since 4 and I don't like the trend.

As always rockstar bring back the lightning gun and flamethrower (no dlc bs).

Open mod support. The kinds of mods one can do with this game is amazing without direct support if it was official and well done the game on the pc would easily have much longer shelf life and healthier active community.

Multiple endings, tighter controls and more choice on how to tackle missions. They're not going to do future because for one it's hard to parody shit that hasn't happened.

Top Bottom