• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed (2015) - New gameplay, Customization & Tuning

saladine1

I wonder if we can do custom art like in Forza. Anyone know?
Not that I've heard of. But then again, is custom graphics still part of the 'underground racing scene' in the US?

I know here in Aus we mostly see wacky paint jobs at the most but no sort of vinyls or such.

Just noticed the VVV video was 60fps in the garage. Didn't look interpolated either, and it looks like it's being played on PS4. Is that a sign? Surely if the console ones are 60 then the PC version just HAS to be.

Just noticed the VVV video was 60fps in the garage. Didn't look interpolated either, and it looks like it's being played on PS4. Is that a sign? Surely if the console ones are 60 then the PC version just HAS to be.

Do you have a link? I'd be very surprised if turns out to be 60fps, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Nokterian

No pressure, you should be aware of basic PC gaming standards. It's not like I'm expecting a slew of high-end rendering features.
Just the ability of running NFS at 60fps.

Looking at the past 3 ports on PC...Most Wanted,The Run ánd Rivals all one of the worst PC ports and they didn't bother to fix it. Also capping a racing game to 30fps is utter nonsense on PC.

Still playing Hot Pursuit 2010 because that one is still working solid today.

Thanks. The garage part only looks 60fps to me, the actual driving appears to be 30fps.

No cockpit view is disappointing. In this day and age almost all racers have it and NFS is a pretty big franchise, plus they had it in the past.

I'm not expecting it to have hundreds of cars like Forza/GT. So I wonder why..

taimoorh

This is the Underground sequel I have wanted for over 10 years.
This is the game I wanted after Burnout 3 for over 10 years.
This is the game I wanted after Midnight Club 3 for 10 years.

Night time racing.
Glorious graphics.
Insane level of customisation.
Arcade handling.
Cheesy FMVs.
NOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to God if there was one game from EA that I have wanted to play this bad, it would be the new NFS.

I'm just wondering if there's a proper physical Collector's Edition, or I should just pre-order this and start playing 5(?) days early on EA Access on my Xbone.

Thanks. The garage part only looks 60fps to me, the actual driving appears to be 30fps.

No cockpit view is disappointing. In this day and age almost all racers have it and NFS is a pretty big franchise, plus they had it in the past.

I'm not expecting it to have hundreds of cars like Forza/GT. So I wonder why..

A few years ago Codemasters revealed that only about 5% of people that played their games actually used the cockpit cam. And they make sims where users love that viewpoint. So it wouldn't surprise me if EA just didn't think it made much sense to model cockpits for 50+ cars when only an extremely small percentage of users would have any interest in using it.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
S2000 has been confirmed so far.

Since you're posting a bunch in this thread I'd like to ask, what component of the game are you most excited for? Since the game seems to cover a wide array of racing aspects, it would be cool to hear what someone whos part of the team is most looking forward to sharing with the players.

Ghost_Ben

Ghost Games
I'm just wondering if there's a proper physical Collector's Edition, or I should just pre-order this and start playing 5(?) days early on EA Access on my Xbone.

No collectors edition. There is a deluxe edition that's physical in some locations, otherwise it's digital only.

Since you're posting a bunch in this thread I'd like to ask, what component of the game are you most excited for? Since the game seems to cover a wide array of racing aspects, it would be cool to hear what someone whos part of the team is most looking forward to sharing with the players.

For me it's the customization, and seeing what the you / players do with it. Everyone has their own tastes and their own beliefs to what they think is "cool". Stick eight people together in the world, all in the same car and odds are that you're going to get eight very different looking cars.

Secondly would be the world itself, looking forward to see people explore it in more detail :)

Can't wait to see the natural evolution of things as well, player ran car meets in the world, video creation and that sort of thing.

VVV Mars VG

Everything I've seen in this demo has been 30 frames so far, though the garage scene did run smoothly.

T.O.P

Banned
image_1.img.jpg

HYPE

Kezen

Banned
Looking at the past 3 ports on PC...Most Wanted,The Run ánd Rivals all one of the worst PC ports and they didn't bother to fix it. Also capping a racing game to 30fps is utter nonsense on PC.

Most Wanted was I great I thought, looked really good and performance was excellent on my system at the time (GTX 570).

Human_me

Most Wanted was great on PC lots of settings and unlocked frame-rate.
The Run was quite bad, locked to 30fps and frame-pacing issues and crashes still exist today.
Rivals was alright, the locked 30fps was a disappointment (however fixed with a simple command line), but it still performed well and had good graphical settings (though some proper AA would of been nice, but DSR fixes that.)

Nokterian

Most Wanted was great on PC lots of settings and unlocked frame-rate.
The Run was quite bad, locked to 30fps and frame-pacing issues and crashes still exist today.
Rivals was alright, the locked 30fps was a disappointment (however fixed with a simple command line), but it still performed well and had good graphical settings (though some proper AA would of been nice, but DSR fixes that.)

Most Wanted wasn't great it was and it is today horrible optimized and they couldn't be bothered to fix it. The Run will be a mess since day 1.

Rivals is still bad because of the locked 30fps on PC..and unlocking made game even worse.

Kezen

Banned
Most Wanted wasn't great it was and it is today horrible optimized and they couldn't be bothered to fix it. The Run will be a mess since day 1.

Rivals is still bad because of the locked 30fps on PC..and unlocking made game even worse.

Horribly optimized ? We must not have played the same game. I even remember them issuing a patch to improve performance further, on top of that 60fps was supported and they added SSAA later on, their default post-process AA is beyond garbage.
No seriously I played it since launch and I don't remember being disappointed with the performance, near max settings (geometry toned down) and it ran very well on my 570.

Nokterian

Horribly optimized ? We must not have played the same game. I even remember them issuing a patch to improve performance further, on top of that 60fps was supported and they added SSAA later on, their default post-process AA is beyond garbage.
No seriously I played it since launch and I don't remember being disappointed with the performance, near max settings (geometry toned down) and it ran very well on my 570.

Are you talking about Most Wanted 2005 or from 2013? I am talking about the 2013 version.

Kezen

Banned
Are you talking about Most Wanted 2005 or from 2013? I am talking about the 2013 version.

Referring to MW 2012 obviously.
My experience with it was excellent on all GPUs/CPUs I've played it.
Runs mighty fine on my 4770K/GTX 980 with SSAA.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Most Wanted was I great I thought, looked really good and performance was excellent on my system at the time (GTX 570).

Most Wanted 2012 was great on PC. It looked great and was demanding as a result, but it wasn't horribly optimized. The visuals you got for the performance you gave was reasonable.

The Run wasn't a Criterion or Ghost Games developed NFS. That was Black Box, and they're not on NFS anymore.

Rivals wasn't a bad port, so much as some poor decisions were made. The game looks great and holds 60 on good hardware, but it could be optimized better, and it sucks that it's framerate isn't unlocked and that it's always online.

The Criterion/Ghost developed NFS games aren't poor ports. At worst you can say they suffer from some bad decisions, but nothing like awful power/performance ratios.

Denton

A few years ago Codemasters revealed that only about 5% of people that played their games actually used the cockpit cam. And they make sims where users love that viewpoint. So it wouldn't surprise me if EA just didn't think it made much sense to model cockpits for 50+ cars when only an extremely small percentage of users would have any interest in using it.

Yeah and then GRID 2 flopped and they decided to put cockpit cam back into their future games.

Yaya

Neo Member
@ghost_ben
Custom sound systems are cool but what exactly will they add to gameplay? Will we be able to open our trunks to show them off for magazine photo shoots like NFSU2 or something similar.
Also how will you guys be implementing the car culture into the game besides customization? Will there be special parking lot car meets? Car shows? etc etc.
The game is looking to be coming along great and I cant wait to get my hands on it. Keep up the good work.

*edit*

That was pretty amaze. Hoping to see some of those Lambo neon effects in the game.

farisr

A shame this game is always online. All the devs efforts are being wasted as far as I'm concerned since I refuse to support a game like this requiring me to be connected to their servers. Nothing this game has shown justifies the online requirement. Just DRM and a way of controlling how long people can play the game.

zugzug

Most Wanted 2012 was great on PC. It looked great and was demanding as a result, but it wasn't horribly optimized. The visuals you got for the performance you gave was reasonable. .

Shitty MW2012 couldn't run in windowed borderless at all. What in this day and age never alt tab out? Client felt like it was breaking everytime you tried.

Current NFS twitter avoided question.

Ghost_Ben come in here and tell me this game will run in Windowed borderless. DO not give runaround we have not announced blah blah blah....beyond that have a nice day mate ;)

Top Bottom