• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ - Season 3 - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiX-

9ws6fqn

amng6ff

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE THREAD RULES ON SPOILERS (SEE BELOW)

The Walking Dead, the most watched drama in basic cable history, returns for an exhilarating new season on Sunday, October 14th at 9/8c. A 16 episode season, the series Entertainment Weekly called the “greatest thriller ever produced for television” will air in two parts, with the first eight hours kicking off October 14 and returning February 2013 with the final eight episodes. A very special thanks to Cornballer for all the support and guidance he provided after entrusting me with the privilege of creating this thread.

AMC said:
About the Show

The Walking Dead tells the story of the weeks and months that follow after the apocalypse. Based on Robert Kirkman's hugely successful and popular comic book series, AMC's The Walking Dead is an epic, edge-of-your-seat drama where personal struggles are magnified against a backdrop of moment-to-moment survival. A survivalist story at its core, the series explores how the living are changed by the overwhelming realization that those who survive can be far more dangerous than the mindless walkers roaming the earth. They themselves have become the walking dead.

In this uncertain world, Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his band of survivors must not only fight the dead, but also face a whole new fear: the living. In the highly anticipated new season, Rick and his fellow survivors continue to seek refuge in a desolate and post-apocalyptic world and soon discover that there are greater forces to fear than just the walking dead. The struggle to survive has never been so perilous.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, The Walking Dead stars Andrew Lincoln, Sarah Wayne Callies, Laurie Holden, Steven Yeun, Norman Reedus, Chandler Riggs, Lauren Cohan, Scott Wilson, IronE Singleton, Melissa McBride, David Morrissey, and Danai Gurira. The series is executively produced by showruner Glen Mazzara, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert with Greg Nicotero, Denise Huth and Evan Reilly as co-executive producers.

The Walking Dead reigns as the most watched drama series on basic cable for Adults 18-49 and Adults 25-54. The series has garnered two Emmy Awards for Outstanding Prosthetic Make-up, a Golden Globe Award nomination for Best Television Series - Drama, and a WGA Award for Outstanding Achievement in Writing Derivative New Media, among other accolades.

8wn6rdo

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags. Please remember to spoiler tag any preview/promo discussion for episodes that haven’t aired.

Leaks:
Unofficially distributed images, episode details, or anything of the sort are not to be posted or discussed in this thread UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Please use the The Walking Dead Spoiler Discussion Thread if you wish to converse about media that falls into this category, as well as for discussing spoiler intensive graphic novel-TV series comparisons.

Graphic Novel:
Discussion regarding specific elements and content (characters, locales, set pieces, plot points, etc.) of The Walking Dead graphic novel, relating them to the TV series, is to be completely enclosed in properly labeled spoiler tags at all times. NO EXCEPTIONS.

Example: (Graphic Novel/Comic Spoilers)
[Insert graphic novel spoilers here]

Please try to limit graphic novel spoiler discussion to only the material that coincides with the current progress of the TV series. If you wish to discuss the graphic novel separately from the TV series, please take it to The Walking Dead Comics Thread or alternatively here (Issue 97–) and/or here (Issue 100). Remember that this thread is for discussing the television show.

For those following this thread who also keep up with graphic novel and/or subject themselves to TV series leaks:
  • No taunting or teasing:
    e.g. “Oh man, I fully expect this place to meltdown after the next episode!”
  • No leading questions:
    e.g. “So how would you all feel if something happened to this character by the end of the season?”
  • No alluding to or hinting at potential character development, plot progression, set pieces, etc.:
    e.g. “All right! Here comes one of the best scenes/character moments from the graphic novel!”
  • Only answer questions using information that is available through what has aired from the TV series:
    e.g. Q: “How does Rick know that Lori had an affair with Shane?” A: “Lori confessed to Rick in Season 2.”
Thank you for everyone’s cooperation. By following these simple rules I hope that we can keep spoiler discussion in this thread to a minimum and make it an enjoyable place to be for any and all fans of the show.​

8nkmnu7

8bluffy
93pddoe
8zvsh5q

Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes
9hk2v3j
Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes
8u6duyd
Laurie Holden as Andrea

9n8sjug
9beys33
9g9hmp3

Norman Reedus as Daryl Dixon
93pkfuv
Steven Yeun as Glenn Rhee
959qbbu
Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene

8mo2r8a
8vglmbo
929aqdx

Chandler Riggs as Carl Grimes
9ez9d9t
IronE Singleton as T-Dog
8wnhe7x
Melissa McBride as Carol Peletier

9cxc6wu
8nm3qa9

Scott Wilson as Hershel Greene
8tkdbkx
Emily Kinney as Beth Greene

9mkzur7

• AMC - Danai Gurira Cast in The Walking Dead Season 3
    AMC said:
    AMC announced during Talking Dead tonight that actress Danai Gurira (The Visitor, Ghost Town) will play the role of
    Michonne
    in The Walking Dead Season 3.
    Michonne makes a brief appearance in the Season 2 Finale as the hooded stranger who wields a Katana sword and rescues Andrea from an attacking walker.

8zhypfh
  • AMC - David Morrissey Cast in The Walking Dead Season 3
    AMC said:
    AMC announced today that David Morrissey has been cast in the role of
    The Governor
    in the network's critically acclaimed hit series The Walking Dead.
    The Governor
    , a character from Robert Kirkman's graphic novel,
    is the leader of Woodbury, a small settlement of survivors, and becomes the chief antagonist for Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) and his group.

The Governor
    will appear in The Walking Dead Season 3, a 16-episode order from AMC, which begins production this spring in Atlanta.

A BAFTA Award nominee, Morrissey has appeared in many acclaimed British series including State of Play, Meadowlands, The Dealand Blackpool. Along with his celebrated work in television, Morrissey is also known for his leading roles in feature films such as The Reaping, The Other Boleyn Girl, Centurion, The Water Horse, Nowhere Boy and Blitz. He recently wrapped Welcome to the Punch opposite James McAvoy and Mark Strong. Morrissey is represented by The Collective and Troika in the UK.

8zf9dnf
  • Entertainment Weekly - Dallas Roberts to Play New Character in The Walking Dead Season 3
    EW said:
    With
    Michonne
    and
    the Governor
    , The Walking Dead is bringing two of the most famous characters from the comic to the screen for season 3 (which kicks off on AMC Oct. 14). But there will also be at least one completely new original character to join the fray. Dallas Roberts (who also starred on AMC’s Rubicon and has a recurring role as Juliana Margulies’ brother on The Good Wife) will be stepping in to play
    Milton, one of the residents of the Governor-ruled community of Woodbury.

“Milton is the details guy,”
    explains exec producer Robert Kirkman.
    “He’s the guy that works with the Governor, who is monitoring all situations and is trying to help the Governor make sense of this world that they’re living in. He’s not exactly a scientist, but he’s a smart guy that is trying to find out how zombies behave. Watching him do his little experiments is going to be a lot of fun.”

According to showrunner Glen Mazzara, in
    Milton we will see an example of someone finding a way to make himself useful, even if he is not necessarily a physically imposing presence. “We were examining, ‘How do people survive in this apocalyptic world, and what can people contribute?’” says Mazzara. “And we didn’t think it was plausible that every single character we meet is an efficient zombie killer. We just didn’t buy that everyone we know would be active and deft enough to kill every walker. We wanted to show how other people survive, and Dallas has come in and helped us establish that character. He just adds a lot of heart and humanity to Woodbury, which further complicates what that is. That is a real town with real people and real survivors. It’s not necessarily a group of bad guys.”

8jwmzs6

8q8227g

9ghbgn9

Trailers
Features
Fan Videos
Season Recaps

9mawst3

8tod2yw

9dljhrr

9cxlm5w

97wnffw

Alan Sepinwall (HitFix) said:
Very pleased with “The Walking Dead” s3 premiere. Show playing to its strengths: suspense, dread, action. ... “The Walking Dead” is excellent with action, with suspense, and with atmosphere, and these early episodes have all three in spades.

Maureen Ryan (The Huffington Post) said:
Encouraged by 1st 2 eps in “The Walking Dead’s” 3rd season. *This* seems like the show we were promised early in S1. Solid scares, good stuff. ... the efforts to humanize and add detail to the characters happen in the margins of solidly entertaining, well-paced stories, and the characters don't do dumb things that make me lose respect for them.

Brian Lowry (Variety) said:
That the show delivered so ably under the stewardship of Glen Mazzara makes season three less surprising but no less riveting, with the first couple of episodes offering a buffet of character, tension and the inevitable can-you-top-this, stomach-churning gore.

Verne Gay (Newsday) said:
Just to be perfectly clear -- Sunday is a blast. Heads will roll, and roll well. The gore quotient is through the roof. And finally this guarantee -- there is one, maybe even two, spots where you will yell out at the screen, “Oh, my God, that just didn't happen.” Yes, the new season is that good.

Jen Chaney (The Washington Post) said:
The makers of “The Walking Dead” clearly heard some of the audience complaints about last season’s slow pacing and excessive jibber-jabber regarding what constitutes morally appropriate behavior in a post-apocalyptic climate.

Mark Perigard (Boston Herald) said:
The third-season opener of the No. 1 basic cable show on Sunday should sate any lust for slaughter. The gore splatters fast and furiously.

Ken Tucker (Entertainment Weekly) said:
The third season premiere of the “The Walking Dead” may be its best episode ever.

Jonathan James (Daily Dead) said:
Everything from the past two seasons has been leading up to this storyline and “The Walking Dead” Season 3 starts with one of the most impressive and ambitious season openings I’ve seen.

iD9S1T9yycdlL.gif
iOH7bY6gHEaVj.gif
ibllnH6OMeXxCF.gif
irB3IvvWBIkzg.gif

iYyHLw04XoZg4.gif
isNLQKM7zAJYD.gif
imCfCyY8TJ0GE.gif
iOn6ty9C6quxH.gif

ib05pjPuGScl6.gif
iblk4wcgYbwKD5.gif
ibcsN68Kai0lj8.gif
iTki16rwiNEsO.gif

iNvid02

just a few seconds of the walking dead theme gets me in the mood for the show, its really great.

was gonna try and rewatch the series before season 3 but i wont have enough time, anyway hype

edit: some pics werent loading for me, but now that they have, great job with the OP man

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great work on the OP! I hope Mazara can deliver on all this twitter promises. If he can...I think we'll be in for a treat. :)

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fuckin Hypeeeee.

Looks like they went all out on the zombie make up this season from those promo shots.

Melchiah

Standard rules apply: after the 9PM ET/6PM PT airing of a new episode, the details of that episode may be discussed openly without the use of spoiler tags.

I see this thread is meant solely for the US GAF, as the episodes will certainly not be aired all over the world at the same time. Too bad, I'm out.

Arment

Shanes not in it.. will not watch

That's a reason to be excited about the show, not avoiding it.

Hard truth: If Shane was the reason you liked the show, then yeah you might want to go. But much better characters are about to be introduced. Stick around for them. Shane was a chump. A drop of water in a pond of better characters.

So we've got Homeland, Dexter and The Walking Dead on Sunday night. Awesome...

And Boardwalk Empire, Treme, Once Upon a Time and 666 Park Avenue... Man, what a night.

Melchiah

There's always a way my friend ;-)

Yeah, I know, but they will be aired here with subtitles a little later, and I prefer to watch them that way. It just means I have to avoid this thread like the plague. ;) I wish the spoiler tags were kept at least for a couple of weeks after each episode has been aired, so everyone could participate, not only those living in the US.

EDIT:
Can you just sign up to watch the streaming premiere that is meant for Dish customers or do they ask for some kind of proof once you do?

http://www.amctv.com/thewalkingdead4dish/

I dunno, but as I said above, I prefer watching the series with subtitles.

Necrovex

The last few episodes of the second season were of decent quality. Easily the best episodes of the bunch. I'll give Walking Dead another go, especially hearing the praises the first few episodes are getting. Plus, I like to bitch about this show, and I cannot bitch about it if I don't watch it!

The fall season is always the best season for television.

Arment

im obviously joking about not watching but the only character i have to look forward to is Daryl

Daryl is indeed the best character on the show. At least we agree on that ;)

The last few episodes of the second season were of decent quality. Easily the best episodes of the bunch. I'll give Walking Dead another go, especially hearing the praises the first few episodes are getting. Plus, I like to bitch about this show, and I cannot bitch about it if I don't watch it!

The fall season is always the best season for television.

The farm arc was weak until the end on the comic too. That's why I'm genuinely amped for what I consider the golden age of the comic to begin.

Melchiah

The farm arc was weak until the end on the comic too. That's why I'm genuinely amped for what I consider the golden age of the comic to begin.

I just read the comics vol. 1-15 through again, and I was surprised the farm arc, where the 2nd season was mostly located, didn't even last for the whole book. Talk about stretching material.

So. Many. Sunday. Shows.

Really interested to see if the show can finally pull itself together this year. I'll also need to watch this with other people more often this time around; it's way more fun that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom